Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

too tight or what?

I have been losing but food gets stuck frequently. I'm always busy, so i eat on the run mostly. I try to eat a salad or something healthy but not always able to eat slow on my lunch break. So i end up resorting to Soups or chicken salad often. dinner is where my foods get stuck most. I hurt so bad and make myself get rid of what is making me hurt by throwing it up. I'm sure this is all bad but there is no bile involved so its not as bad. I am scared of the inability to keep most solids down. I have an appointment in January and cant figure out if i should get it loosened or stay the same. Unfortunately, i can still eat more than I'm supposed to be able to do. I'm at a loss of what to do. Any advice?

Vomiting is never good with the band, bile or not. It can lead to slips so should be avoided at all costs- and definitely never self induced.

As far as being too tight, if you're eating on the run, that could be a big part of your problem. When you eat, you need to actually sit down, take your time, and really be aware of what you're doing. If you're just mindlessly eating on the go, chances are good you're eating too fast and too big of a bite. Slowing down and concentrating on small, slow bites might help you considerably.

Best wishes.

My dr said I need to take 20 minute to eat about a cup of food...so that may be where your problems lie... I am glad you are going in for a dr visit...be sure to discuss these things with the surgeon.

I also think you are eating to fast you need to put you first and take you 20 mintues and eat correctly, When you cant have a shake I always carry one in the car just incase..Do some planning on how you will eat and when,where..eating to fast, to big of bit, and not chewing to mush will all lead to getting stuck and vomiting. it would be better to drink something hot instead of vomiting.

Vomiting is bad for you. If you can not eat 3 ounces of solid Protein at dinner time you are way too tight. The band tends to be looser at night than it is during the rest of the day.

I have been losing but food gets stuck frequently. I'm always busy' date=' so i eat on the run mostly. I try to eat a salad or something healthy but not always able to eat slow on my lunch break. So i end up resorting to Soups or chicken salad often. dinner is where my foods get stuck most. I hurt so bad and make myself get rid of what is making me hurt by throwing it up. I'm sure this is all bad but there is no bile involved so its not as bad. I am scared of the inability to keep most solids down. I have an appointment in January and cant figure out if i should get it loosened or stay the same. Unfortunately, i can still eat more than I'm supposed to be able to do. I'm at a loss of what to do. Any advice?[/quote']

I have been having the same issues with not being able to take my time. Ive been vomiting at just about every meal because if not being able to chew to mush

I have the same problem. I get stuck nearly every meal even when I take my time. I decided to get a very slight unfill on Friday but I still get stuck way too often. It's no fun and no way to live. I think you should follow the above poster's advice and slow things down. What I do it before putting the first bite into my mouth, I think about how much pain I have when I'm stuck. It forces me to really think about how mushy the food is before I swallow. I have to think about each and every bite as though it might be the one to cause me pain. I hope this helps. Good luck and Merry Christmas! :-)

I don't want to frighten you, but you may want to ask your doctor about a slip, or at least suggest to him to do an upper GI to check.

I just had my band removed and a new one put in because of a slip.

I was too tight for months, throwing up/PB'ing after nearly every meal, no bile. After a while, I could eat larger portions faster. It was a subtle change that I hardly noticed....but because I was throwing up, I justified it as the only way to get the nutrients into my body that I needed. AND...besides, I was loosing weight at the same time. It felt good.

Over time, however, I began having problems with even liquids getting stuck. I asked my doctor about it and got into a cycle of several months of fills and unfills.

In hindsight, I wish I had been more forceful with my doctor about ordering an upper GI sooner. If caught soon, a slip can often be corrected without surgery.

Slips are rare, but from what I learned, they happen and its better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck to you!

I will see what happens when i go to the doc. I keep trying to slow down but I can't seem to. I don't like feeling like I'm bulimic. I feel awful about this. Just have try harder i guess.