Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, my boyfriend dumped me yesterday, and Im having surgery in 7 days! Im totally devastated, and he was the one who was supposed to stay with me in the hospital and take care of me when I came home. I am beside myself, I think Im going to lose it. Help!

Don't get discouraged. You won't need anyone to take care of you, I don't think. I didn't even stay obvernight in the hospital. If you don't have kids you should be fine. Maybe have a friend or a parent come visit with you while you're home? It's his loss. Be glad you found out what kind of guy he is now. If can do this right before surgery there is no telling what other stuff he could pull later. Keep your head up and stay positive. There is lots of support here.

Thank you. I am beyond devastated. I have to stay overnight in the hospital. I don't have kids. He was so supportive until now, and he just completely abandoned me. It's emotional enough going through this surgery, and now a painful break up on top of it is way too much for me to handle

Thank you. I am beyond devastated. I have to stay overnight in the hospital. I don't have kids. He was so supportive until now' date=' and he just completely abandoned me. It's emotional enough going through this surgery, and now a painful break up on top of it is way too much for me to handle[/quote']

How long were you together?

I had an old shrink tell me that for every supporter we have with very important goals theres at least two, who would just as soon derail you, for their own gain. whether its an Im better than you attitude and always will be, cause you are a loser and this diet would be a good accomplishment i dont want you to claim. ORrrrr, he doesnt want other men... IT COULD BE ANYTHING, but look at his timing. He ACTS SUPPORTIVE, but look at his history, and ill bet he was the one bringin you donuts at a point where you were really going to take a diest seriously.ya eat a donut and he says "SEE I KNEW YA COULNT STICK TO IT!!" calls you fat ass, and says hes kidding its humour. TOXIC ALERT, kick him to the curb gal. Lose the weight and make him wish he had never fallen for you! Thats my advice, and I hope you TAKE IT! Best revenge is living well. Honest Injun! Sandy Good Luck!

Call on us. We will support you! Where to you live... maybe we have another bandster nearby?

So' date=' my boyfriend dumped me yesterday, and Im having surgery in 7 days! Im totally devastated, and he was the one who was supposed to stay with me in the hospital and take care of me when I came home. I am beside myself, I think Im going to lose it. Help![/quote']

I'm really sorry this has happened to you now. But I want you to think , this is your time. This is the time in your life for taking care of you. I did the hospital overnight & took care of myself, it can be done. Matter of fact, I want ppl to leave me alone when I'm not feeling my best.

Take this time and be good to yourself, take care of yourself and worry about yourself. Love yourself! When you straighten yourself out to be who you want to be, then you'll be ready for a good loving relationship with someone who'll stick with you through thick & thin, no pun intended.

Off & on for 6yrs sounds like you settled, don't settle for anyone!

We'll be here for you! You can do this!

Im in Chicago. He never had an issue with my size, but I found out he was cheating.....Im just so hurt, and I don't want to be in the hospital alone...:(

I know you are hurting but here is the way you need to look at it.... At least you found out now what kind of a person he is. Anyone who dumps someone at a crossroads is very insensitive and you are better off without him.

Call on a family member to drive you home and maybe be on call that first week... Make sure you keep busy before surgery and get everything you will need for the first few weeks.

Please do not let this hiccup deter you from getting the surgery. Now more than ever you need to do this for you.

So sorry for your pain... but it is temporary. YOU will have the last laugh! Congratulations on your journey to getting healthier and happier!!!

I was an overnight stay as well... Didn't have my husband with me. Kind of glad, post op look wasn't all that flattering and walking around to try and fart is best done alone if possible ;p keep your head held high and count on those who ARE there for you! Best wishes for a successful surgery!

You can do this. I know it seems like it's impossible now but you can do this! Also being that it's been off and on for 6 years it sounds like there were issues that maybe werent being settled along the way. Where in the Chicago area are you? I'm in the western suburbs. We are here for you!!!! Also as other people have said this is your time now! It is likely after you start succeeding he may try to come back and I hope you stay strong to realize if someone isn't there when you need them the most that maybe you deserve better.