Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Mos No Fill

Update , went to my app yesterday , I had all my food records and exercise records, like I was told to.I started 300lbs now 262.4 , I've gained back another 4 lbs, of course never got to see the doc , only the nurse, and she told me that my band hold 12 cc at the most that they will allow anyone to have is 4cc, and she told me that 7 mos is to soon to get a fill, she said my food records look rally good as for me being hungry and truly feeling that I need fill, she said all that was in my head. Also she said that I shouldn't belive everything I read in the group, I was so upset , crying , I told her that , I feel as this band is just setting in me and your wanting me to be on the 800 cal diet and starve but not use the band , I said what the hell? Why do I have it then ? That they might as well take it out because its no diff as if it wasn't in me , , I left crying feeling like what the heck did I get myself into? Letting them put this thing in me for no reason, I felt like maybe I'm just meant to be fat , and why keep trying ? Because I starting to gain my wieght back . Yes count my cal coming out my butt, but I'm hurry , and I got fat over the years cause I have a hard time staying on a diet, or I wouldn't be in the shape that I'm in, I thought the lap band was Supose to help me by curbing my hunger , guess it just to hang around in me for idk? But I really do feel let down and feel like giving up, idk what I'm going to do , I think I'm going to demand that I can be ref to another doc , and if I still can't get any fills , then I'm just going to have it taking out, no reason to keep it, at first when I got it , it worked good , but not now . And 7 mos out and still no fills , that trip to the doctor yesterday , turn out to be 5 hour trip , just so the nurse. Could tell me that the doc will be gone for 3 weeks . And that it's to soon for a fill , she could of told me that on the phone, she said that she will call in the next mo or two to set up app. So that they can check out the band and make sure it's. ok, crazy!!!!!!! I'm not planning on going back to Ucdavis clinic, I'll get another doc and see how it goes with him , so what , that I may have to travel another 3 hours out of the way, I just got to do what I got to do , I'm feeling like there is no hope, sorry to be such a downer, and I'm happy for those of you doing good, and have good doctors , keep up the hood work, I'm guessing it just wasn't meant for me, thanks for listening to me whine and complain, sorry

To confirm you only have 4 cc in a 12 CC band? If so that's ridiculous. I did not get restriction until 10.6 cc. I agree what's the point of having band if you're not going to get fills. I say get a new doctor yours is not doing you any good.

I'd say def either demand at heart to heart with Dr or find a new Dr.

7mths no fill and gaining weight, really?

I'm 6wks out have lost 36lbs and my Dr said" its all you, band isn't restricting yet". I got a 3cc fill and appt in 6wks for another.

I would be totally po'd if I was you too!

Don't give up on the band, give up on your Dr.

I wish you the best!

No I have never had a fill , I'm running on empty 7 mos out no fills , the doctor doesn't belive in them

To confirm you only have 4 cc in a 12 CC band? If so that's ridiculous. I did not get restriction until 10.6 cc. I agree what's the point of having band if you're not going to get fills. I say get a new doctor yours is not doing you any good.

No I lm 7 mo out no fills, running on empty, the doc said all they will allow is 4 cc at the most , no one gets over that amount and that 7 mo is to soon for me to get a fill, I think they all are crazy and I'm going to try and get another doc

Thank you , I'm going to try to get another doctor or have it taking out , no reason to have it if I can't use it

I would find a new doctor QUICK!! Then I would look for a patient relations dept at UC Davis and make a formal complaint against that practice.

I had surgery 9/26 and my 1st fill on Nov 5th. I go back on Dec 6th for another. Granted, my first fill was smaller than "average," but 1cc is better than nothing!! I had the barium swallow as well and they watched real-time what my restriction was. They put in 2cc (average for 1st fill) and had to take 1 out when it should too much restriction.

And here's the thing... Unless your nurse HAS her own band, she only knows the clinical side of the experience. While every board has its share of whackado's... the people here are LIVING your life and FEELING what you feel. We are always here for you!!

Maybe you need to up your caloric intake... wisely... to see if that helps jump start you. It has seriously worked for me now and again to add some umpf!! If you are too low in nutrients you will sabotage yourself.

The power is YOURS. Take it back girlie!!

Also, add me in MFP... kck11599...

Thank you , going to try and find another doctor , if I still can't get any fills then I'm just going to have it taken out , no reason to have it , if I can't use it,

What do u mean add you? I havnt figure out how to do much on here yet , still learning to post , lol

What do u mean add you? I havnt figure out how to do much on here yet , still learning to post , lol

What is your user name? I will look to add you.

There are lots of people from here on there. Every little bit of support helps!!

Hookieluv

My name is Teri johnson

I sent you a request. Just go to your friends page and you should see my request.

I saw something flash on my phone about adding me , then it disappeared , that's what I'm on is my cell phone and I'm still learning how to use it also

Where is my friend page?