Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive Had 2 Fills And Feel No Different

the second fill that i got the doctor assured me that it would be enough to give me that full feeling and satisfy my hunger. well it did not and i feel like i havent even had anything done. am i still in what they call lapband hell because i havent lost any weight in 2 weeks and i feel myself slipping into my old habbits. how do you get through this... down 30 lb but only 10 lb since surgery 2 months ago. do i still have hope?

when you eat the allowed amount.. slowly.. to last 20mins.. how long after do you feel hungry? ( and I know this must suck )

I was the same way... It took a few fills to feel anything, but eventually it had happened! My weight loss has been slow but still losing so its ok. Hang in there it will happen!

You got it right. You're in bandster hell. Took me 3 fills to find some minor restriction and 6 fills to get to the green zone. Like our friend B-52 said, "Until there's restriction, it's just another diet".

Ask for another fill and also speak to the nutritionist? Destynee is right, eating the right way with the band will help you find restriction. Slider foods won't.

tmf

Hang in there. It will come and u will know when your in the green. But remember its not a full feeling signal u are looking for. Once the hunger goes away which is around 20 small bites. U will be satisfied. Not full though.

It will happen. Sounds like you still need more fills. I have had soo many I have lost count. 9 maybe 10. I am at restriction know, but I don't think I am in the green zone. Keep going back and don't give up.

What do you want to feel? I don't ever want to feel full. Full is not what we are after. Satisfied is what you are trying to acchieve. Satisfed is what will help you lose weight. You have done great so far. This is not a race, but 5 lbs in a month is a lot, I lost 1-2 lbs for the 1st couple months, then wham I didn't notice but the weight started to fall off. Some months are slow, some months better. As long as you can go 3-4 hours without being hungry, you are in the green zone. Best wishes, Karen

Oh, thank God, I'm not the only one that feels this way. Having my 2nd fill today, but, so far I haven't noticed any restriction either. Hopefully, we'll all be in the "green zone" soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches