Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taking Suggestions for NEW LBT Features!

Kat817 and Cashley - Or Quick Links/Subscribed Threads. You just have to post at least once in the thread to have it added to your Subscribed threads list.

I suggest a newbie forum filled with the "sticky" information in the other threads. That way Newbies can go and be educated on liquid diets, mushie phases, etc. Seems all newbies (myself included) have the same concerns. Do you regret the band, would you do it again, etc. It would be great to put that in one place so that they can go there first.

I think the newbie forum would be perfect. Also an exercise forum. I also think a scheduled moderated chat would be good so that people know for a fact that at a certain time on a certain day people will be live to chat with and share experiences. maybe have specific topics each time, or have a newb chat and a vet chat and things like that scheduled for diff times.

Hi Alex,

I would like to be able to see which forum I am in when I open a thread. I use the "Latest Replies" and the "New Posts" function on the homepage which can sometimes lead me into a forum I don't want to be in or even shouldn't be in. For example, I may reply to a product specific thread and find out after I've posted that I'm in the Canada forum. Canadians have been pretty clear recently that they wish only other Canadians would reply because they don't have the same products and services in their country that we have in the U.S. and we're 'junking up' their forum with stuff that doesn't apply to them or that they can't relate to.

I would also like to know if I'm in the "Complications" or "Life after Band Removal" forums. In most cases, I'm not qualified to reply to threads in these forums and have occasionally posted there before realizing which forum I'm in.

Having the forum name in the header bar or somewhere else prominent upon opening a thread may help reduce some confusion on LBT. Maybe even just moving the "Forum Jump" bar from the bottom of the page to the top would take care of the problem.

I would also like to see the "Delete" function restored for use by members. I watched the discussion about people deleting entire threads and I agree that that's not a good idea, but I think each user should have the ability to delete their own individual posts.

Thanks Alex and moderators for LapBandTalk, inception through maintenance and daily monitoring. I can't tell you how grateful I am for this message board. Being banded would be a lot more scary without LBT!

I second restoring the Delete button.

AND! Can I make another request for a BMI Calculator button? That'd "shore be handy". I'd use that alot! Thanks Mr. Alex!

I have put a breast cancer segment on the lapband lounge and it is lost in the silly and not so important stuff. It needs to be a "Forever Sticky"

Please make it so!

I,think The Delete Button Is Great! You Should Be Able To Delete Your Own Post,s GO! DonnaB I agree with you.

Maybe I'm just missing it, but a way for a search to indicate which page the hit is on. I was trying to find something earlier, in a thread with over 20 pages, and it hit on the thread but I had no idea where in the 20+ pages the single post I was looking for was at.

Wheetsin~

I just discovered a few weeks ago that first you search the forum using your keywords. When you click on a thread with your keyword, you can then "search this thread" which then pulls up all the postings with your keyword.

Would a recipe forum be okay? Let's face it, we are some of the best cooks.

A new sub forum has been added just for Recipes!

Please see:

http://lapbandtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

I second restoring the Delete button.

AND! Can I make another request for a BMI Calculator button? That'd "shore be handy". I'd use that alot! Thanks Mr. Alex!

Ok, we'll give it another shot. I've enabled the delete button again.