Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise On The Liquid Diet?

I started the liquid diet today, and i am ok so far (prob cos i ate a lot last night and still digesting that!) so i kinda feel bad for not working out.... but my hubby reckons that soon i'll be running on empty and best to conserve energy for the long haul. Slow and steady and focus on the task of not eating solid food for 2+ weeks....

What do ya'll think?

I did on the pre-op diet, spinning, personal training and running. I normally drank a Protein Shake in the morning and then headed to the gym. I have a heart rate monitor and normally burnt between 500 and 800 calories. I was fine but I had been working out 5 days a week for a few years......now I am banded I am on a four week break so looking forward to getting back to the gym but also enjoying the rest! Good luck on the pre-op diet. I really liked the disassociation I have with food going from an obsessive what do I eat to a non interest. Once you get started it is fine x

I exercised. You can't save anything for the long haul cause it doesn't work that way. Happy exercising.

Wendy

I usually get really hungry when i work out though and end up eating more... I know i am unable to 'eat' atm being on the shakes. But maybe i can ease into it? I am having a little more difficulty now with the lack of caffeine + sugar... headache, low energy, grumbly tummy.... maybe in a couple days when it gets better i can resume my spinning?

Thank guys

I started the liquid diet today, and i am ok so far (prob cos i ate a lot last night and still digesting that!) so i kinda feel bad for not working out.... but my hubby reckons that soon i'll be running on empty and best to conserve energy for the long haul. Slow and steady and focus on the task of not eating solid food for 2+ weeks....

What do ya'll think?

your Protein is your fuel and that will keep you full (so you wont run on empty)

I started the pre-op diet today and have had noooo energy!

I want to walk around town in the evening and/or use the treadmill @ the gym … but today, I felt super sleepy and got a headache around 2pm that won't quit.

I keep reminding myself it is a big adjustment for my body and that baby steps are important. Hopefully tomorrow those baby steps will get my butt going around the block a few times! :)

I started the pre-op diet today and have had noooo energy!

I want to walk around town in the evening and/or use the treadmill @ the gym … but today, I felt super sleepy and got a headache around 2pm that won't quit.

I keep reminding myself it is a big adjustment for my body and that baby steps are important. Hopefully tomorrow those baby steps will get my butt going around the block a few times! :)

What a relief to hear this!

I thought i was the only one who was going to slowly ease into exercise and started to feel really guilty and like a bit of a failure already. I think easing into it isn't a bad idea if we're struggling with physical reactions to lack of food. I know i sometimes start diets and things at level 10 and don't last long.... With this liquid diet, it's not a choice, but mandatory, prescribed instruction by our Doctor, so much more important to not screw it up.

Thanks for your post LadyLeigh2012

My Protein is up … Water intake good … even had some yummy broth!

There are some things I will not do when I have no energy and a killer headache (which is very rare for me) …

1) Invite people over

2) Exercise (going out for a walk)

3) Sex

4) Shopping

5) Cleaning

Soooooo tonight I will not being doing any of the above … tomorrow can and will be another story. :P

OK folks... everybody keep your Protein up. No reason not to at least walk on a liquid diet.

Hi Cheznoel,

I wasn't planning on not moving at all, i just wanted to take it a day at a time and slowly for once. I am used to working out 5 days a week and drinking lots of Water etc... My NUT tells me i am a great candidate for lapband cos of those things already being a part of my routine.

I guess i was feeling depressed cos i had no energy at all and was wondering if it was ok to take it somewhat slow.

Most of my problem is mental and that's why i posted.... the guilt of not working out was making me doubt my future progress and i felt like if i heard from other people who also took it slow when necessary, maybe i would see it's not the end of the world.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and i am in this for the long haul.

Thanks for reading.

My Protein is up … Water intake good … even had some yummy broth!

There are some things I will not do when I have no energy and a killer headache (which is very rare for me) …

1) Invite people over

2) Exercise (going out for a walk)

3) Sex

4) Shopping

5) Cleaning

Soooooo tonight I will not being doing any of the above … tomorrow can and will be another story. :P

Here's to tomorrow being another day!!

Good luck luv!