Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flipping out!!!

Uh i have been on liquids for a week now..... and i have no words to describe how hard it is...... i can't wait to eat mushie stuff.... just to get some taste...... if i see another carnation instant Breakfast i might just flip out...... this is the hardest part of the whole thing, but i have lost 12 lbs so far and that's pretty cool..... but i would love some Pizza!!!! i told my husband today while i was crying.... " i am so used to just eating so much all the time and now i can't eat at all and it sucks!!! not to mention i quit smoking too.... so i can't eat and i can't smoke!!!! what the hell am i supposed to do with my self...... but then i say to my self, that's exactly why i've gotten this done!!!!

It's so hard and it's not fair that there are those people out there that can eat what ever, wherever and whenever and they look like fricken super models.....:angry i am dreaming about food...... MY GOD

HEY NOW! take a deep breath...thats right.....JillyB.....now....GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF :(........... you are gonna make it...I was on Clear Liquids for one week prior to surgery and 2 weeks after...I know the feeling of sick of it all......EWWWW to s/f Jello....ewwwwww to chicken broth.....ewwwwww to flavored waters.....ewwww ewww ewww YUCK!!!!!!!! I know the feeling...I just started mushies this week and they do taste good... I made me a cheese omlet the first day and thought I was eating a steak it was so good...HANG IN THERE....its right around the corner...this time will pass...I promise....YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Much love

Have you ever heard the saying, "It takes guts to get out of ruts." ? Well, there's a reason for that saying - it's not an easy thing to do! But you CAN do it. It's not forever, it's only for a short while. In the meantime, put some bean n bacon Soup in a blender, turn it to liquid and heat it up. Yum Yum. Salty, creamy, warm goodness that will fill you up.

You're an addict (smokes and food) going through withdrawals, but this WILL pass. Each day will get easier. And each day that you fight your way through, you WILL feel better. I promise! *hugs*

Hang in there, you can do this.

OK Jillyb your gonna make it. I cheated and ate pizza but didn't swallow, I spit. Shades of Bulnemia? Not exactly, I just had to taste it cuz it smelled so good!! I have two teens, and lots of pizza around. But I sure wanted to swallow. I chewed and chewed and spit. Took another bite, chewed and you know by the time I was on bite three, I was done! I drank a lot of Water and felt better. Maybe drinking a lot of water before would be better?

have you tried warm beef broth? Igot so sick of all th sweet stuff, that broth tasted like drinking a steak! It will be over soon, hang in there.

You can blend most anything. At the peak of my liquid frustrations I blended a lean cuisine with a little skim milk. Mashed potato with milk or broth works too. Enjoy your spuds now 'cause once you are on solids they become unhealthy again.

Like Lynn, I got so sick of everything being sweet. chicken broth is yummers, just drink lots of Water or you will swell. When you fantasize about mushies, figure out what you would try, then find a way to get it through a straw.

P'nut, and I have the perfect blender for it. It's a Vitamix....stainless steel...reversable...hot or cold. I could turn your pizza into Soup for you....LMAO

LOL......ew pizza soup!!! this liquid diet is the hardest thing i have ever done...... i saw some people are chewing and spitting.... i would die if i didn't do that........ its gross though!.... thanks for all the comments

Hang in There, JillyB! Like others have said, enjoy the mashed potatoes, ice cream and shakes now while you're allowed to have them...once you're on solids, they become no-no's again. I remember having beefy mushroom Soup blended with mashed potatoes and a little salt...it was like eating steak it tasted so good. (It was a suggestion from a bandster a month ahead of me!!) Follow some of the ideas on LBT that sound good to you...chances are, they helped someone else before you. We're all here to share...the good and the bad. Also, once you go on solids, your quantities go down, so take advantage of that too...see, there's always a silver lining there for you...you just have to find it!!!

Sounds like you're doing GREAT!!

Nanster

JillyB, I promise it is all worth it. The time will start going faster, and before you know it, clothes will be falling off. You won't be focusing on food, you will want to go shopping. Hang in there.

Ok you know what? This part of being banded SUUUUUUCKS. It just does. One suggestion I must make is please, PLEASE get variation on what you are drinking. That is the ONLY way I managed to survive. If you are only having Carnation drinks no WONDER you are going nuts!!! Get juices, get broths. I mean...you may be craving salty...so get something salty in!!

And just to add to your fun day....let me tell you this. Even when you do starting eating real food you'll have days when you are sooooo pissed! Because you still can't eat whatever you want.

But then something amazing happens.....the band, it changes you. It changes how you look at food. It breaks that connection.... So yeah, you know what....this is gonna be hard. This is going to take all your internal toughness.

But guess what? I have faith in you! You heard me. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!! You are going to make it through. You are going to find that this band is the GREATEST thing you've ever done.

And one day you are going to look at pizza and and think..."yeah, I still like you....but pfffft, you are SO not worth my time!!!"

Courage!

That was well said giveyou...the band DOES change you....it not only has banded my tummy but some aspects of my mind as well......the things that used to be most important to us! (FOOD) now isnt the focus.......isnt it great...GOD IS SO GOOD!

there is a pizza Soup camblles makes it in the soup to go, I had dreams of pizza my first week too. but I learned to make so many great Soups, and I had all my friends make me soups ( some were better the others) It is tough no bones about it, but creativity is the key. PM me,a nd Ill share some of my best recipies with you!