Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Ago Today I Was Banded!

Cant believe a whole week has gone by. Tomorrow I start my pureed foods.

I have lost 9 lbs on my pre op diet and another 4 lbs this week.

What surprises me is that these last few days I havent felt any hunger. At first I was hungry every 2 1/2 hours.

I just have to learn to slow down when eating. In this busy, busy world it is hard to slow down and take some time for yourself.

Would love to hear the experiences of other over 60 new bandsters .

What surprises me is that these last few days I havent felt any hunger. At first I was hungry every 2 1/2 hours.

I just have to learn to slow down when eating. In this busy, busy world it is hard to slow down and take some time for yourself.

Would love to hear the experiences of other over 60 new bandsters .

hi, sorry i'm not 60...yet. :)

but i also was banded last friday!

i'm glad you are doing so well, just wanted to stop by and cheer you on. this is truley a time for you!!!

big hug :)

Congratulations on your weight loss. All of it adds up to a ne wYou on your journey. Keep up the good work. Banded on Aug 6.

Congrats, you are on your way! Best wishes! Tomorrow is my 3 year bandiversary! Karen

I just have to learn to slow down when eating. In this busy' date=' busy world it is hard to slow down and take some time for yourself.

Would love to hear the experiences of other over 60 new bandsters .[/quote']

Congratulations and welcome to The Band Wagon. You have the spirit and great attitude. Allow yourself time to adjust to your new world. You will have ups and downs ...that's life. I'm 69 lady in North Carolina.

I just have to learn to slow down when eating. In this busy' date=' busy world it is hard to slow down and take some time for yourself.

Let us all know how your feeling and progressing. Your about 3 weeks post-op and will have a glimpse by now into The Real World.

How are you doing now that your about 6 weeks banded? Hope you post on your progress. We Seniors gotta "band" together! ;)

Hey folks, its December and we haven't seen much of anyone recenlty. Updates please! I am doing well. It has been amost stressful week and there were times I wanted to crawl into a hole and hybernate for the Winter. I am still gradually losing my extra weight that I put on after my unfill, surgery for my slip and refill. It is difficult to start again. It has been over a year, and I and my surgeon ahd to give myself a wake up call! But, I am back on track. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanakkah and Happy Holidays to all. Karen

When you had your slippage and started gaining weight did you have to be hospitalized again? Did insurance cover it? I was banded 12/28/12 but my port keeps twisting and I look like I have a hernia. Also, I haven't felt that green spot like I did after my first fill.