Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I can't believe it, but I am banded! Friday Feb. 27th was the day...I still feel full of air after 4 days..is that normal, my poor stomach is gurgling up a storm!!! I am feeling pretty sore, and last night was concerened I may have done something to my port area, but I think I may have just had a gas bubble under there, or I strained it a bit? My tummy itches like crazy too? Weird? Or just healing and dry? At any rate, I hope all these things I am feeling are normal! I am not having any problems with the liquids, and I am not hungry at all. I am hoping to feel more normal by the end of the week.

Congratulations!!! Everything you have described sounds normal to me. I am glad that you are not hungry, I felt like I was starving to death... thankfully my clear liquid phase only lasted a week.

If you are anything like me, you will begin to feel better with every day that passes.

Take care and remember what they say... this time is about healing, so be good to yourself.

:D Hey Dawnsunshine! Congrats! I'm glad everything went well for you! Please continue to post and tell us how you are doing! I thought it was great that you could come here, say what problems you are having, and then have someone (in this case Anne) say "That sounds pretty normal". That must have been a big comfort for you. I am havng my surgeon consult today so I am glad to know that I can come here too for answers. I think maybe it's kinda like when you have your firstborn; ya know ... "ummmm, was he supposed to do that???" so you ask another mother!

Anne, it think what you said about being good to yourself is really good advise! This is a major lifestyle change for us and it's something great and wonderful we are doing for ourselves, and should be treated like that.

Best of luck!

Debra

Congratulations, Dawnsunshine! Anne is right, everything you're describing is perfectly normal. Itching in your incisions is a symptom of healing, so try not to scratch them. (I sound like I'm talking to my 5-year-old...sorry!)

Get ready for when your healing gets to the point that hunger returns. I went for thick Soups and puddings to keep the hungries away. I think that period is the hardest part--you're really hungry and trying to follow a liquid diet that doesn't do the trick, and beside you really want to chew! But it's worth the wait to make sure your healing is complete before testing yourself on sold foods. So hang in there!!

Guest tbone100

I was banded on the 21st of February and so far so good. No bad episodes. Hope your surgery went well, did you have it done here or in Mexico?

Congratulations dawnsunshine35,

This is so great. I am getting banded on the 24th and it's nice to be able to read about what to expect. All the info will make it so much easier. Thanks for letting all of us that have yet to get our bands know what to expect.

Take Care :D