Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my first consultation with True Results in Austin, TX. The requirements for BCBS are not too bad... psych eval, 2 years of 40+ BMI or 35-39 with two co-morbids (HBP, sleep apnia, diabetes...). You also have to go through 90 days of nutrition and diet counseling, no drug use for a year, no tobacco use for 6 months.

I am still not clear on out of pocket... hoping to get more information on that in the next visit.

I just had my first consultation with True Results in Austin' date=' TX. The requirements for BCBS are not too bad... psych eval, 2 years of 40+ BMI or 35-39 with two co-morbids (HBP, sleep apnia, diabetes...). You also have to go through 90 days of nutrition and diet counseling, no drug use for a year, no tobacco use for 6 months.

I am still not clear on out of pocket... hoping to get more information on that in the next visit.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. I have everything done except my dietician eval on the 16th. Hope approval process is quick.

I just had my first consultation with True Results in Austin' date=' TX. The requirements for BCBS are not too bad... psych eval, 2 years of 40+ BMI or 35-39 with two co-morbids (HBP, sleep apnia, diabetes...). You also have to go through 90 days of nutrition and diet counseling, no drug use for a year, no tobacco use for 6 months.

I am still not clear on out of pocket... hoping to get more information on that in the next visit.[/quote']

I have bcbs federal for MO and all of my pre op qualifications were the same out of pocket I have paid $345 total and that was the surgeon fee!! Good luck.

I have bcbs federal for MO and all of my pre op qualifications were the same out of pocket I have paid $345 total and that was the surgeon fee!! Good luck.

What area are you in? I am in the prcocess of relocating to Austin but my family is still in Kansas City. My wife was looking for a doctor but there do no seem to be very many in the KC area.

What area are you in? I am in the prcocess of relocating to Austin but my family is still in Kansas City. My wife was looking for a doctor but there do no seem to be very many in the KC area.

I am in Florida. I'm new to this site and love it!

I am from OK and have bcbs federal.

Went through all the screenings. Had to pay co-pays on everything. 150 for the 2 sleep apnea tests (75.00 each), apnea machine 495, 150 for the upper GI test ( 75 for the surgeon and 75 for the hospital co-pay) plus the 35 co-pay for each visit. Had to get a wieght listing from my family phy from 2009 to now to show that I have been overweight a long time. Do the medical weight loss for 3 months. I also have high blood pressure. Dr required a 300.00 deposit at first visit, but I'm told I will get 150 of that back since bcbs should only charge a co-pay for 75.00 for hospital and 75 for the surgeon. Won't know for sure until its all said and done. Put in for the insurance approval in Sep and got a letter that gave me approval. I have only 30 days to get it done between Oct 21 to Nov 21. My surgery is scheduled for the 1st.

Not sure how much I have spent in all but probably by the time I am done it will be close to 1500.

I have bcbs fed and it took me about 10 days to get approved after I submitted everything.

I have bcbs fed and it took me about 10 days to get approved after I submitted everything.

Thanks for all the info. I have my dietician evaluation today and then everything is complete. Hoping the insurance approval is quick. I am so ready to start my journey ???€

I have FEPBLUE BASIC and it's pretty good- 75 for all the test (endoscopy, etc )- 25 for nutricionist and psych dr- down payment at hosptial 150 - Surgeon 500,,, each fill 111 and because I stayed over night my hospital was 1000 co pay- I just couldnt wake up, and Dr visits 35- they approve normally 10 days max -I would have liked to have known the fills were so high- but all under control now. good luck!! OH I did not go to a Dr that has the "prepay admin fee",,, I found out that some of them will then include fills... this is one you have to check on....

I have FEPBLUE BASIC and it's pretty good- 75 for all the test (endoscopy, etc )- 25 for nutricionist and psych dr- down payment at hosptial 150 - Surgeon 500,,, each fill 111 and because I stayed over night my hospital was 1000 co pay- I just couldnt wake up, and Dr visits 35- they approve normally 10 days max -I would have liked to have known the fills were so high- but all under control now. good luck!! OH I did not go to a Dr that has the "prepay admin fee",,, I found out that some of them will then include fills... this is one you have to check on....

That is what I have, Basic. That sounds like a good deal, thank you. I will be sure and check on any doctor fees!

I have Fed Blue basic as well. I live in one state, had surgery in another. So, they have to get pre-approval in the state you are having surgery in, which was not a problem. After the doctor's office turned in all the information, there was a quick turn around time for approval. First informational seminar May 5th or so, had surgery Sept 5th!

Paintertwins where in Fla? Good luck grownazzkid, I get on pretty reg if you have more questions- also join me n Myfitnesspal.. I am Griderrr and makes a BIG difference in weight loss,

I am BCBS Fed in Florida too! Once I finished all of the requirements and the office turned in the application, I received my approval in 48 hours. I am in the Jacksonville area. I paid about $2200 out of pocket for all with the Standard options. Good luck!