Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 Inch Waist.....wow

article-0-15697683000005DC-644_306x629.jpgarticle-2214679-1569770A000005DC-626_306x423.jpg

Super slim student Nerina Orton has got the UK's tiniest waist of 15.7 inches, after spending 23 hours a day in a corset.

The 22-year-old is less than an inch away from breaking the world record of 15 inches held by American Cathie Jung.

Nerina, from Birmingham, even sleeps in her corset and takes it off only to shower.

'sleeping in the corset was uncomfortable at first. I felt like I had a rod lined up against my back and I couldn't curl up into a ball. Then I had a corset custom made, which was a lot more comfortable and fit my shape better.

'My ribs have moved closer together, so the doctor checks my spine to make sure it hasn't moved out of line or fractured.

'My insides move around a lot too, so the doctor checks that my organs aren't being damaged. I've never had a problem though, apart from feeling a little light-headed.'

But boyfriend of one year Cai Lansdown, who lives with Nerina, worries that she is doing lasting damage to her body.

She said: 'He’s always loosening my corset and saying that if I’m not careful, I’ll cut my liver in half one day.

'But that’s just a myth the Victorians made up.

'There’s no proof that corsets affect your health, so I don’t see why I should stop wearing them.'

• Owns 78 corsets worth £15,000
  • Has squeezed 6 inches off her waist in nine years
  • Only takes her corset off to shower
  • Is 1in away from breaking the world record of 15inches
  • Visits the doctor each year to check her spine isn't damaged

She looks awful, that is not attractive.

Having your ribs move closer together and having to go to a Dr to check her organs are still OK proves that this is dangerous. There was a reason people stopped wearing corsets on a regular basis - they were bad for you.

This girl is sick and needs help, the problem is that she is getting the attention that she obviously craves so she is not likely actually get help.

I agree with others...this is not healthy behavior. Any time you need consult with a physician about whether your bones or organs are damaged due to an obsession with wearing a corset nearly 24/7 to make your waist smaller is a sign of distorted thinking and concept of self image.

I hope she gets psychiatric help before her health is affected...

Sick, sick, sick. And almost as sick are the media vultures who "report" a story like hers.

That just looks gross, why in the world would any one want to do that to themselves.

Ditto, and all I wanted was a 26 inch waist.