Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Tighter After Workout?

Oh no! This is not good news at all!! I would hate to feel a tightness after working out! Oh no.. :(

I actually find it quite reassuring, especially now that I have experienced the difference between not having any restriction and then having some again after a fill.

I swear by hot tea. It helps before during and after my workouts. Keeps tummy and my minimi all warm and happy!

If I discover discomfort everytime after a workout, the lap band won't work for me. I called my surgeon yesterday, and he said I should have no discomfort at all after any type of exercise, when I'm healed enough to hit the gym, he'd better be right! Or it's back to the operating room I go! Lol

I don't have any discomfort after a heavy workout. The most I would say is immediately following a workout I'm not terribly hungry. Especially on the weekends I tend to go eat brunch after my workout and I'm definitely hungry. In general you shouldn't feel your band at all. The only time I ever really know my band is there in a negative way is if I eat cheap white bread and I have a stuck episode.

Does anyone else find their band is tighter after working out? I am 2 weeks out of surgery and just started back at the gym this afternoon. I did a light treadmill workout to start gearing up again' date=' and I feel as tight as I usually do in the mornings. Just wondering if this is a typical thing?[/quote']

YES!! It is true. Working out, jogging or any for of exercise makes the Band tighter. It's just like stress. If you are stressed out it tightens as well. I'm sooo happy today. Check out the date. #Banded12/22/10. Go me 2 yrs Banded

I think people are confusing the word "tight" with pain. The band doesn't hurt, but if you're tight, trying to eat or drink a typical band meal is uncomfortable because it takes longer to pass and you have to take very small bites and wait around.

If I discover discomfort everytime after a workout, the lap band won't work for me. I called my surgeon yesterday, and he said I should have no discomfort at all after any type of exercise, when I'm healed enough to hit the gym, he'd better be right! Or it's back to the operating room I go! Lol

I don't know what your experience has been, but I don't know why you are associating tightness with pain or discomfort. There isn't anything uncomfortable about the tightness I feel, and as I stated before, I find it reassuring to have the restriction I went through the surgery to get! The only discomfort I get now is when the muscle the port is sewn into gets angry about the pilates I'm doing, and even THAT is a good pain!

Are you talking to me?

If you are, yes, I've been banded. Regretfully. I have had no complications, but would never do it again.

Just curious, I haven't been banded yet. Why do you say that you wouldn't do it again?

I don't think that I get tight after exercising, but then again I never really chow down after the gym...

interesting thread!

I didn't have that but my port has moved in deeper. I work with a trainer and he beats the crap out of me (lol) I think that may have caused it. It was harder for my doc to locate for a fill

I didn't ports can move deeper!

I'm very worried that my port is starting to stick out.... Any way to get it deeper without having a trainer beat the crap out of me? ;)