Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Tracyd ~ I have a Magic Bullet. It's still in the box. I got some $$ for my birthday so that's how I got one....they are pricey. I'm going to recruit my kids tomorrow to empty and reload the dishwasher so I can use it.

Sheryl Kay ~ Whoo Hoo....great job!!

Mystjin ~ Good for you....6 lbs is great. I'm right behind you at 3.5 lbs, banded the 26th.

DeAnn ~ You are a model bandster for sure!! Except for the muscle thing. I'm being very careful when I reach for things and I think of you. Sorry to hear your dad lost his leg....that is so terrible. I'll PM you. You are always in my prayers.

justduckie ~ Talk about a model bandster!! :wow2: I clicked on your blog and you are just amazing!! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration. BTW, I have an exercise tape/band thingy, but don't know how to use it. Any suggestions? Did you buy a dvd to go by or how do you find the exercises?

.....thanks to everyone else for the updates & advice. I can't wait to come to this thread everyday. I love it!!

I just did a quick count and came up with 97 of us!!!!!! (I might be off 1 or 2 as it was a "quick" count!)

But that sure is a lot of us........maybe we can post on our 3 month anniversary....our total loss amount.....it could be in the thousands!!!! Or in elevator terminology......."x" amount of persons.....LOL

Glad the Magic Bullet is helping......I cook a lot....so I invested in a Vita-mix mixer....it is the rolls-royce of mixers. But way too expensive if you don't feel you will get a lot of usage. Mine is used daily....so I really enjoy it...and recommend it...for those looking into heavy duty blenders. It has a 7 yr warranty....with great customer service.

Glad to be a part of such a warm and inspirational group of bandsters : )

warm wishes to you all....

diane

I've been reading things about the "Magic Bullet" so I looked it up on the internet ... WOW~kind of expensive ($100 for 2 plus $35 S/H) on its official website:eek: or I can buy it at Walgreen's for $60.

I already have a food processor and blender ... can anyone tell me what I'm not seeing :noidea:... it just looks like a food processor/blender together, why is it so terrific?:)

Please advise.

Good luck to all in June on our journey. :cheer2: I'm going to my surgical support group tomorrow night ... can't wait to see them and to get weighed. Curiosity killed the cat.

I bought one at Wall-Mart for $58.95 last week. Try your wally world.

DrewsLou ~ How much did you pay for shipping? I shopped E-Bay, but found I would pay more b/c the shipping was so high. I got mine at Wal-Mart for around $58.95....like Papajoe. :biggrin1:

Does anyone else wake up REALLY sore in the mornings? I take some pain meds and it wears of quickly, but it still is every morning. I am still in the recliner b/c there are always a kid in our bed and I've had nightmares about them kicking my belly. :)

justduckie ~ Talk about a model bandster!! :wow2: I clicked on your blog and you are just amazing!! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration. BTW, I have an exercise tape/band thingy, but don't know how to use it. Any suggestions? Did you buy a dvd to go by or how do you find the exercises?

.....thanks to everyone else for the updates & advice. I can't wait to come to this thread everyday. I love it!!

Well, I go to a gym called Pace Fitness for Women (similar to Curves). They have a whole wall full of exercise tapes and a lady that helps me pick the right tape for me. They have the resistance bands, weighted balls, hand weights, medicine balls and the big therapy balls. I also have a few dvds at home by Leslie Sansone. She's great! Some of her tapes are just walking, some use weights, some use the resistance bands like you have. If you want something for use at home, I recommend any of Leslie's tapes. You can get them anywhere from Walmart to Ebay. Sometimes I've seen them on EBay for 3 or 4 bucks.

If you just want to do some exercises with your resistance band (and it's just as good as weights, that's why so many PTers use them for therapy) go to http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/2572.html for some really basic exercises. The girl is using tubing, but as long as your band is long enough you can do the same things. There are a lot of sites that sell workout tapes for the bands/tubing, it just depends on what you want to spend.

I hope I've given you some ideas. I really enjoy my exercising and I think it's made all the difference in the world with my inch loss. Everyone keeps telling me, too, if I keep it up, I shouldn't have as much lose skin when I reach my goal as I would if I just sat around and did nothing, so that's a motivation to keep moving.

Have a great day and let me know how things are going!:biggrin1:

Hey everyone!

Well..my surgery went really well and Im feeling almost back to normal!! Tomorrow it will be a week since my surgery...and Im finding that Im getting really hungry. Maybe im not eating enough? Im eating about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Soup a sitting. I just started having a protien shakes and I feel alot better...anyone seem really hungry?

hola from mexico!

got my band yesterday, am feeling pretty darn good, not alot of pain, little bit of gas bubbles moving through now and then. I can´t believe I really did it! something I´ve thought about for years, finally happened!! yay me!!

hope all the other may bandsters are doing as well. I am starting to feel hungry already- wierd- little bit o Jello does the trick!

anyway- wanted to say hi- everybody have a great day!

kato

I've been reading things about the "Magic Bullet" so I looked it up on the internet ... WOW~kind of expensive ($100 for 2 plus $35 S/H) on its official website:eek: or I can buy it at Walgreen's for $60.

Tracyd, I just eBay'd one for $35 (includes s & h). I understand that the best thing about them is the easy clean up- just run it under hot Water. You can make it in the cup you want to use and then run it under hot water, and you're done. That's why I would prefer it over a big blender. (I'm not a fan of dishes) That and you can make one serving...which for us isn't much! :clap2:

Thanks for the info justduckie....very helpful. :clap2:

Scully0325 ~ How are you feeling? I trust your getting your Water and Protein. :biggrin1:

GreatDame ~ I get really hungry sometimes too. I had Cream of Wheat this AM and it was really satisfying. My surgeon's post-op diet included a lot of what some say are mushies....they call it full liquids. Oh, I also had refried Beans from Taco Bell last night and I thought I was in heaven!! :hungry: I did get light-headed one day and I think it was from lack of protein. I drank my Isopure and felt so much better.

kato ~ Congratulations!! Get used to the gas for a while.....I'm still fluttering around. :)

Trip2bme ~ What a super buy on that Magic Bullet. :clap2: The one I got from Wal-Mart is an "express" but I don't see any difference with the one's on E-Bay....hmmm. Wished I had looked a little better on E-Bay.

Hey everyone! I'm alive and well after banfing last friday! I ended up spending the night in the hosptal because I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia. Dry heaving is not fun when you've been cut open! The gave me phenagrin which knocked me out.. but every time I awoke I was dry heaving... eventually got it under control and came home on Saturday.. Hope everyone is doing well! Been spending time wiht my grandmother who is in the hospital, so I haven't been on here!

3loves - I'm still experiencing pain in the mornings.. seems like it takes have the day to get over it... I quit taking my pain medication on Sunday.. Maybe too soon? Just taking tylenol sometimes! Later everyone!

OH Kim.....I hope you start feeling better quickly. Glad to see you check in with us.

Kato....welcome officially to the May bandsters!

Scully.....we share surgery days....(I know what YOU did on May 23rd)

to all....smiles and hugs...diane : )

yesterday I had a great and productive day.....today, I felt hit by a truck. I couldn't take full breaths without pain in my chest and in my left shoulder. Did anyone else experience something similar? I figure....I could have overdone it yesterday...or it is gas pain in my shoulder....or a mini heart attack....(hopefully not).....I do worry about that...as my dad had a massive MI at age 43 yrs old.

If I don't feel better tomorrow....I will make a phone call to be seen by a doc.

smiles....diane : )

When I also tried to take a breath, I got pains in my chest. I took gas-x and it went away within a few weeks.