Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soup Soup And Soup !!

Thank you so much!! That satisfied my hunger!! When do you have your fu appt?

Monday and im hoping to get my fill very soon after my fu appt

I really enjoyed Lipton cup of Soup cream chicken (tasted like chicken top ramen minus the noodles) and roasted red pepper with Tomato Soup. The hardest part of the post-op diet for me was boredom with food. Just get over this hurdle and you'll be golden :)

Thanks for all the tips only 5 more days I know I can do it :)

Love Egg Drop Soup and Hot & Sour Soup. Question on that, I've seen people talk about straining it, couldn't you just dump it right into the blender instead? That way you'd keep all the veggies, the egg, etc and make it drinkable.

Anyone tried this and have feedback on whether it works or not?

I could only have Water, juice, broth or Protein Shakes for a week and yesterday I could have thinned mashed potatoes with Protein Powder and WOW was it good. Just to have something else was wonderful so I know how you feel. Today I am going to try some Tomato Soup.< /p>

Are you on MFP?

I have not been eating those Soups on the liquid diet, just broth and Tomato but I will now! Guess I was just scared a piece of chicken or potato might get stuck!

When Im so hungry i can't stand it.. Take a drink of Pickle Juice, olive juice, A1 steak sauce, or even ranch dressing! It helps me

I am 10 days post op and still have 4 more to go until I get to the next stage...im so sick of ALL the Soups that I have found myself just not eating rather thsn eat another bite of soup...geezz im ready for some real food so I feel your pain as well:(

ENCHILADA Soup :-)

I don't know if this sounds good to you or not but this soup got me through many post op days until I could eat solid food. I liked that it was thick and creamy, full of flavor, and super fast and easy to make.

I can make as thick or liquid as I want by varying the ratio of Beans to sauce. I can make it as spicy or mild as I want, depending on what type of enchilada sauce I use.

The basic "recipe:"

Pour a can of your favorite red enchilada sauce into your blender. Then spoon out a similar (or smaller) sized can of (fat free) refried Beans into the blender also.

Put the top on and blend till mixed well. It should be liquid enough to pour into a mug. (If not, add either more enchilada sauce or chicken broth or even milk or in a pinch, Water, and blend to incorporate.)

Then nuke the mug for a minute in your microwave and if you want to, garnish with a dallop of plain yogurt or sour cream.

(Later on when you can eat more foods you could garnish with sliced green onions, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, a few pieces of chopped jalapeño, one tortilla chip finely crumbled into bits, you get the idea - whatever Mexican food garnish you choose.)

I know right now it feels like you're stuck in this mushy limbo forEVER but I promise you it will pass and you'll be enjoying real food again, but feeling satisfied with less.

Try sugar free ice cream, gazpacho

Soup, low fat frozen yogurt/sugar free, etc.

I'm shocked that you suggested ice cream after WLS. Ice cream/froyo is not on the post op diet. None of us should be eating ice cream period.

I'm shocked that you suggested ice cream after WLS. Ice cream/froyo is not on the post op diet. None of us should be eating ice cream period.

Agreed, although I wonder if this stuff would be alright? 100 cal per serving, 1.5g of fat, 12g of sugar and 4g of Protein.

http://www.healthychoice.com/greek-frozen-yogurt/strawberry-frozen-yogurt