Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pasta As A Soft Food?

Do you think it's ok to have a small amount of Pasta during the soft food stage?

I wouldn't try it. If you don't chew it to death, it'll stick!

Ya, be careful a lot of people can't tolerate Pasta. How about runny mash potatoes? Doesn't that sound yummy??LOL

Lol, it's weird how nervous you get about eating.

Pasta is actually on my Dr's soft food list, big types though, no spaghetti or thin stringy pastas. That said, I've been too scared to try... ;)

All that is important to add to this thread is that many bandsters have an addiction to carbs to thank for their obesity.

That said, why would you want to feed your addiction?? My entire purpose of going through band surgery was to break that cycle with carbs, and get of the slippery slope towards Type II diabetes. That can only happen if you retool your thinking about food and change your patterns of eating and choices for meals.

Why would you want to feed an addiction? To me a reasonable comparison would be to offer only alcoholic beverages to participants at an AA meeting...and please no offense to any of Bill W's friends, only written for illustrative purposes...

Not a good idea to have Pasta post op...

Pasta is a lot like bread. The more you chew it and the mushier it gets, it turns to a dough ball and the ball can get stuck. J/S

So true Sojo, so true!

It was actually one of the foods listed on my food plan given to me. Big Pasta, not thin ones. I did try Pasta not to long ago and as long as I chewed till minced in my mouth I was fine. I only had it once and I think I ate 4 bites. I do recommend if you are going to eat pasta make sure its whole wheat, you really want to get use to putting good healthy carb complex in your diet and limiting strictly to only 1/4 cup. These types of carbs are actualy essential for ones body if eaten in moderation.

My band is empty and I am happy to report I can eat whole wheat bread (toasted) and even a half of a whole wheat bagel. Whole wheat is loaded with Fiber and believe me it is a crucial part of a persons body to have daily. Especially for regulating bm's :)

Don't be afraid to try different healthy foods, just remember to take your time and chew chew chew...