Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Craziest Thing....

On Sunday I cooked roast beef ( slow cooked with gravy), I ate a few pieces no problem. However last nite after Zumba I fixed a plate and ate a few pieces.. Slowly. Immediately, it was stuck!!! I have had the stuck feelings a few times before but this time was the worst!!! I felt like I couldn't breathe and it was so much slime!! I was miserable!! After about 30 minutes of the worse thing ever I vomited twice and felt immediate relief... How can something go down two days ago and kill me later??? So confused!!!

Some questions have no answers... it has happened to me too.... Did you make sure to cut it into tiny pieces? CHew CHew CHew? And eat as slowely as you did on Sunday? Sometimes just one thing will trigger getting stuck and its horrible. I am sorry you went through it.... but there may not be any answers. Beef is always a risk for me. You never know how the band will like it on any given day.

I mAde sure to chew good but after last night I can add roast beef to my list not to eat EVER!!! Along with grilled pork chops..

Yep, I have the same problems. Although if something is giving me issues, I immediately go and throw it up.

Was it dry at all? I had a similar issue with chicken and I have found if it is too dry it will not go down. Did you have gravy with it last night or just the beef?

I was trying my best to hold out because before it always has gone down eventually but last nite it was not happening!! In the future I will make myself throw up instead of being miserable for 30 minutes

Was not dry the same exact meat and was with gravy. When I had it Sunday I ate a little bit to make sure I could tolerAte and then it was fine but last night it almost killed me!!! That is what confuses me it that less than 2 days a totally different results!!

I would advise against throwing up or vomiting as a means to cope with your stuck episode...this could have negative consequences for your band and it's placement. It's much healthier if you know your food tolerances and do your best to not get stuck.

I've noticed that reheated meats or any meat overcooked and becoming dried out will have a tendency to get stuck...so I really cannot tolerate leftovers any longer.

Now that makes alot of sense... Thank u :) no more microwaved leftover roast beef anymore!! And that's why I didn't make myself throw up I read somewhere that vomiting causes band slippage????

Okay after I exercise my band is a little tighter. I seem to have problems if I eat to soon after. Also left over meat is harder for me to. However some days things go down better than others. I know none of us like getting sick but I would much rather get it over with than be in pain for 5 minutes.

I was told microwaving anything changes it. My doctor says to avoid microwaving

please do not throw up. you can usually bring food back up gently if it isnt going down well.... but vomiting isnt good for your band,

Was not dry the same exact meat and was with gravy. When I had it Sunday I ate a little bit to make sure I could tolerAte and then it was fine but last night it almost killed me!!! That is what confuses me it that less than 2 days a totally different results!!

I have a problem with eating left over meat. The only left over meat I can eat is chicken and that may be for only one day. I also cook my meats a little bit longer to make them extra soft. When I reheat meat I put in a pan with some Water and let it steam heat. I can not microwave meat and expect it to stay down. Microwave dries out the meats. Hope this helps you.