Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official Spring/Easter Thank You Thread!

Well it looks like my bunny was a newbie. Only 29 posts here on LBT and the last time she posted was on March 20th so that was before Easter. I guess she hasn't come back since then and forgot all about it.....:phanvan

Ohh well, on to better and brighter things...:clap2:

Well my secret bunny was supposed to be Maysa. She is new but her last activity into LBT was on April 13th. And she has had many posts. Sooooo, she must know that I didn't receive my gift. She has never emailed me, PM'd me, posted on the thread, nothing. I think it is INCREDIBLY rude of people to enter into the exchanges and not participate fully. For someone to not contact anyone and tell them they were going to be late or to just shaft their bunnies is just plain ignorant, irresponsible and shows a lack of personal character in relationships.

I realize I am being harsh here, but for us to be grown adults (or close to adulthood) and be grown enough to make full decisions about our bodies and lives, then I would think that someone would be grown enough to participate in a simple gift exchange.

I realize problems arise, but when you are constantly posting and checking into LBT and participating in discussions, then PLEASE keep up your responsibility to the group when you sign up for something. So if you are a bunny that really 'dropped your basket' on this exchange and did not send anything and did not PM your partner then I ask you to please bow out of future exchanges with this group as you are not responsible enough to complete this task.

That being said..... moving onward to the next exchange!!!

Mary, I am going to try and write them a letter at that address. Can you send me the name of the church?

OK since the list has been published and it is way past Easter, what say we close this thread?

What is the point of closing it???? I say we let more people post... and just in case the bunny is super late. I don't see any harm in keeping it open.

No particular reason other than to move on to another exchange. This one has served it's purpose. If someone wants to post something they still can if we just remove the sticky but leave it open. How about doing that?

Just unsticking this post but leaving it open.

Yeah, the sticky is no longer needed, but its not a problem leave it open in case some one comes back....like my bunny...errr...

Honestly, if things weren't so tight here financially, I would send you all with missing bunnies something special. :phanvan At least you know I'm sending special thoughts!!! I feel so bad for those of you that didn't get anything. :cry

Penni - I think you could take the sticky off this thread and leave it open (hoping for wayward bunnies) and probably close the Easter/Spring Exchange Sign up thread that is also a sticky.

Consider this unstuck. I will close and unstick the sign up Easter thread as well.

I didnt get mine..

And I would so never complain.

But my kids are acting all sad for me, (I dont mind much at all.. I dont get uptight over thesethings) But I do not like how my kids feel.. lol

They were very interested in my gift for railheit.. they thought I had actually bought myself something cute... so I told them about the easter exchange, and I felt like a big dork.. and I justified it by saying I just wanted to do something, and that I am going to be getting something too.

Welll.. I am so weird sometimes.. they were so interested and glad for me.. then I stopped feeling all dorky and kinda cool, cuz my kids understood that even thought its just a little exchange thing.. its my thing. (my life has been obsessively about them, I have nothing, BUT I LIKE IT THAT WAY.. really I do.)

They made it a bigger deal than I felt comfortable (gosh am I that bad?)

I told them.. I might not get anything.. and they said I WILL.. and I said it happens...

and then it was forgotton till easter and I was like "hey! I didnt get my gift.."... They said I jinxed it.. lol

They were all worried that I might feel bad but be hiding it.. and then I felt bad They felt bad..

I told them it might come late, no worries.. and it was forgotton about again until I saw this in my notification box. (old)

(teenagers)

BUT:

I had the best time buying a gift that wasnt for anyone I know. and mailing it and I dont know.. I am she could buy what I got her if she wanted to.. I GOT TO DO SOMETHING that had nothing to do with anyone but me.... buying for loved ones is a given. This was like buying for yourself.. (we poor, so we dont shop like most do, if your confused)

ohhh ohhh.. I want to tell rahlheit and you guys.. something special.. that I will remember all my life.

on spring break.. I was able to walk the entire area of the Tillamook cheese factories gift center.. WALL TO WALL. (where I bought mine)

First time in prolly 15 years and I go there at leaste 3 times a year.

To never ever be able to see the whole store.. ever.. never allowed such a thing everyone else can do..

and go in and know you can do more.. but WOW.. the whole store.

So I will remember it always.

thank you for running this exchange kimberlilly!!

Hi Robin,

My apologies for responding so late. I thought you had forgotten about me and then I was cleaning up the bathroom (new addition) and discovered my package. The boys and I had gone to Georgia for Easter and a well deserved vacation. During that time my package arrived and my husband set it out of the way (we are also remodeling the kitchen as well as adding a bathroom) and forgot about it.

I love the picture frame! It is so cheery. It really does a nice job of brightening up our drab classroom. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Lisa

I'm just glad to know you got the package. I know how it can be with remodeling and such and things can disappear easily. Glad you liked the gift and Happy Spring!