Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Banded In September?

It varies from Dr to Dr. Are you talking about Pre-Op or Post-Op?

Pre op

Yes it varies from Dr to Dr. I have to do 2 weeks of liquid/protein shake diet.

Can the person bringing you home from the hospital stay with you that day? After that you will be able to manage. Nervous is normal. But at least you are finally doing it. Welcome to the family!:-) In a few weeks you.will have so much more energy for your kids you will look back at this weekend and say "What was I thinking?" Please keep in touch on this app because people are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone is very willing to share their experiences with you. Nothing sounds stupid because they were who you are. People here really do understand whats in your head.

I will be staying at my moms house for the first two nights and then come home just was worried how much time I will need to take it easy so the band doesn't slip. I have been checking in more and more on this app as the surgery has been creeping up on me. I am excited and so glad that Iwill have more energy I have hypothyroid and high blood pressure and cholesterol so my energy level is at a hult. One of the biggest reason I am doing this is for them main reason is my health.

I had my surgery yesterday morning. The only surprise was that the procedure had been rescheduled from 7:30 am to 10 and nobody told us! I had a Migraine, but they finally gave me some fentanyl about half an hour before surgery. Left the hospital around 1:30 I think. I spent the rest of the day in bed, dozing off and on, sipping fluids and walking a little bit every couple of hours.

Whoever released my pneumoperitineum did a great job, hardly any gas pains! Gas-X strips helped with that.

I did have some nausea on the ride home, but I think it was mostly because I wasn't breathing deeply enough. I forced myself to take deep breaths and that helped. Another thing that helped was having my neck travel pillow with me. I could close my eyes and doze the whole way home.

I've seen a few people talk about how active they were right out of surgery...not me. I know we all react to anesthesia differently, but I sure wasn't up for anything yesterday!

I have some pain in one of the incision areas, not sure if it where the port was placed or if it is radiating from the stomach itself. Not anything too bad, and I have been taking the pain meds just to keep it low. It feels like a pulled muscle is all.

So, today is all about trying to figure out how to drink enough Water and protein...Oh! And a friend of mine turned me on to a product called Greens First. It is a powder that is all veggies and spirulina and other good stuff. Mix it with water and you get your RDA of veggie nutrients! Not cheap, but worth it if you are worried about that, like I was. Here is a link to the place I found it the cheapest, and they will discount quantity orders. http://www.vitamindiscountcenter.net/servlet/the-141/819354001003/Detail?gclid=COe8ntKzybICFeeDQgodKkkAwA

Glad to finally have surgery behind me, now to the next phase of this path! Good luck to everyone else!

Lori

I hear on here a lot of people doing the liquid diets and my Dr. Hasn't said anything about me having to to a liquid diet at all. Is this normal or just a preference thing that varies from Dr. To Dr. ?

I don't have to do a pre-op liquid diet either....My Dr. said, my BMI is not so high, so he's not concerned about shrinking my liver. He just said the day prior to eat lightly throughout the day and NPO after midnight.

Yes it varies from Dr to Dr. I have to do 2 weeks of liquid/protein shake diet.

My doc said to do one week of it since I lost weight some already just waiting for this surgery

One more day. Hope to be banded tomorrow @ 9:30 am. Waiting to live the 2nd part of my life in a healthy body.

One more day. Hope to be banded tomorrow @ 9:30 am. Waiting to live the 2nd part of my life in a healthy body.

You will do great no worries. I got banded Wednesday and feel great. After I started getting rid of the gas I felt better. Just walk and take the gas strips.

Banded today. Feeling fine' date=' no pain. Nurse said take pain meds tonight. I will. Feel little sleepy. Think I will take a nap.[/quote']

Congratulations! Welcome to the Septembies family. Glad you are not having pain.

I'm getting lap band September 29 and I'm so excited

Enjoy the ride. Today you you are 4 days from your new beginning! Keep us posted. Im excited for you.

Was banded today around 2 pm, feeling a bit sore from gas and have a head ache a little from no food or drinks today. Other then that I'm sleepy and going to rest. I will keep everyone updated ! Should be up and walking in a few hours

Was banded today around 2 pm, feeling a bit sore from gas and have a head ache a little from no food or drinks today. Other then that I'm sleepy and going to rest. I will keep everyone updated ! Should be up and walking in a few hours

Congrats...hope you have a speedy recovery...I'm on Friday...and scared, but excited...keep us posted on your progress!!!