Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

++got the band, and still gaining weight ++++

Magic-

I Googled the "Midband" - it's not used in the US, but it IS adjustable as is the lapband. You need more restriction or you won't be losing any more Kgs. Contact your Doctor to have this done. The website about your doctor and this procedure is not very good and my French is a bit rusty, but it does mention that ongoing support is provided.

Here's the link: http://www.laparoscopic-surgeon.com/visu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=111

Arline

Magic, everyone else has already beaten up on you, but I promise I have no intention of doing so. I was on mushies at day 3 and solids by day 8. My nutritionist progressed me faster than normal because I felt like I was starving to death. It's so hard to make good food choices when you are SO hungry all the time. Try to do better with your diet and get a fill as soon as its safe, without a fill its willpower alone, and if we could have done that would we really need the band?

With your diet and get a fill as soon as its safe, without a fill its willpower alone, and if we could have done that would we really need the band?

Guys, although you kicked my ass really good. HOWEVER, you don't imagine how greatfull I am to your wisdom and support.

I put my problem on the table knowing that I would get blamed for what I did. cause I knew deep in my heart that there was something wrong big time in what I was doing.

I always thought I would have (60%) restriction from the band alone, and the rest comes from fills. so I feel very very comfortable to learn that I'm not the only one who feels no restriction from the band alone, and the restriction comes from fills, and its quite normal that I can eat a lot.

I started to really think deep and hard, and you are right in all what you said. espically what ddiedre said about the drinking problem, I always thought its not good to drink while eating casue it will take the space of the food we are supposed to eat, but never knew drinking while eating flushes the food down, thus, allowing me to eat even more...

Plus, yesterday I started to TRY to eat like a bandster, and it really works. You know bad eating habits (like what I was doing) are REALLY HARD to break, otherwise why did all of us got the band...

To be honest, I blame it on the doc and the local support group, that I was missing a lot of very important facts. The doc is in another country so I can't really visit him or call him (except once in a blue moon)..and I have no local support group since there aren't any exists where I live now.

At the end you are my supporters and mentors. Thanks a lot, and lots of hugs and kisses to you all:) :rolleyes::D

I have only two things to say:

1. The band is not designed to change high fat, high salt, high calorie foods into healthy foods. Even with the band, you have to eat the right things or you'll stay as you are. It's just a fact of life that we cannot get around. Even RNY folks will put the weight back on if they try to deny this fact and eat like they did prior to surgery.

2. The band isn't the only thing that has to work now. This is going to require some logical thought on your part, Magic. Do you really expect to lose weight while eating like that? You won't, no matter how much you wish it. Spend some time working on your mindset about this. Why did you have weight loss surgery if you weren't mentally prepared to make serious changes in your life?

That's it. Everyone else covered all I was thinking. Good luck.

ddiedre : mentioned something about the "bandster rules" or the 10 golden rules.

I tried to search it up but no luck, could anyone help me with that thread link. and if you have any links for detalied diet to new bandsters...

Thanks a lot

The 10 Rules -

1. Eat only three small meals a day

2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly

3. Stop eathing as soon as you feel full

4. Do not drink while you are eating

5. Do not eat between meals

6. Eat only good quality foods

7. Avoid fibrous foods

8. Drink enough fluids during the day

9. Drink only low-calorie liquids

10.Exercise at least 30 mintues a day

thanks a lot Cashley :D

But rule # 1 says "eat only 3 meals a day"

I always thought eating even smaller quantaties but (more meals) is even better.

Like eating 5 small meals. Doesn't this work with the band?

I was banded on 07/25/07. I'm on day 7 of liquids and sooo hungry! But I've been good. Mainly because I had no idea I could eat about anything. I thought I would gag and gasp or throw up. Anyway, I have lost 12 pounds. I am drinking Water or Crystal Light every 15 minutes 2 ounces. I am also doing three Protein Shakes a day. I am looking forward to my first fill though. Perhaps then I won't be so hungry all the time.....

i am so glad this was posted. i feel like i could eat anything and im 2 weeks out. i wasnt sure if that was normal or because i dont have my restriction yet. i dont really eat much cuz im supposed to be on a liquid diet still for 2 more weeks. but i dont freak if i get some bites of food with my Soup either. im glad its normal.

thanks a lot Cashley :)

But rule # 1 says "eat only 3 meals a day"

I always thought eating even smaller quantaties but (more meals) is even better.

Like eating 5 small meals. Doesn't this work with the band?

Yes Magic it does. Not everyone agrees with the 3 meals a day rule. My clinic wants you to eat 5 or 6 small meals, each with Protein. That is to get your metabolism going and working all through the day. It is also to avoid major hunger. I find that I am hungry about 2 hours after my meals so I need a small snack to keep going. If I am too hungry I tend to make poor choices.

Sounds like you really have gotten it now - good luck! You can do it!

I was banded on 07/25/07. I'm on day 7 of liquids and sooo hungry! But I've been good. Mainly because I had no idea I could eat about anything. I thought I would gag and gasp or throw up. Anyway, I have lost 12 pounds. I am drinking Water or Crystal Light every 15 minutes 2 ounces. I am also doing three Protein shakes a day. I am looking forward to my first fill though. Perhaps then I won't be so hungry all the time.....

Well..... last night I went haywire and had 3 rolls of sushi. I just could not take it!!! This morning I had really runny cream of wheat with Protein and that made me full all the way til lunch time. Funny what protein can do. Anyways.... that yes I broke my liquid fasting last night!!!!hungry.gif but just for a minute

I started out eating a burger after a week... lol bad decision but i was really hungry. i'm doing great now though... after you adapt to your fills you tend to make better choices!!