Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Issues with Food

Lately I've gotten into a blahh about food.

First off, I hate feeling full, I think that has helped me a lot with weight loss, but I almost avoid eating to keep from feeling full. It's physically uncomfortable for me to feel full, kinda hard to explain.

I also rarely get excited about eating anymore. I know I need to eat, but I could literally go 2 days w/o eating if it wasn't for getting puney and a headache.

I don't think I need an unfill or anything, perhaps I'm finally just losing my mind. LOL

Anyone else in the same boat?

Goodness no!! Seems like all I want to do is put on the feed bag. I am waiting for my first fill. I have an infection in the site where my port was

inserted. He (doc) wants me to be off anti-biotics and free of infection before we do a fill. I have an app. for Apr 5. I wish it wasn't such a struggle. I have always been a grazer when it comes to eating. So, since I don't ever eat much at one time, seems like I want to nibble all day. In fact today I caught myself eating kind of unconsiously. Habit I spose.

I am discouaged and frustrated. I was banded on Jan 19 and have been dealing with this infection in my incision for 5 to six weeks now. I am down about 20 lbs. now. Had hoped for more by now but I am counting on the fills helping with the eating.

Ms. Buttercup. I certainly feel the same way as you do a lot. Sometimes, I need to be reminded to eat. I don't get very hungry and then when I do eat the things that I am supposed to, I fill up very quick. The weight has begun to come off. I am thankful for that. I went to my stylist on Saturday and he mentioned how much my hair is falling out. That makes me want to eat more, just because my hair is my best feature.

Take care!

To a degree. Like people get all upset about going out and not being able to eat the food. I'm like pfft, so what? It's only food. I dont care.

I do get the desire to eat certain things which I shouldnt, and I dont like the effect it has on me. Like today, I had a tute at uni at 12.00 so I ate no Breakfast and had a coffee and a muffin in peace and quiet at the shops thinking that doing so at 11.00 am would take care of lunch since the tute went till 2.00. Yep I enjoyed it, but havent stopped eating since, was decidedly unhungry at dinner so didnt eat, and now have the munchies. Its just not worth it to do that, its way better to eat 3 squares and not just nibble all darn day. Whereas once I would have just done that, eaten all day, now I look at the muffin and am quite able to say (most of the time) nah, not worth it.

I honestly had no compulsion to eat it this morning, it just seemed like a good idea, a little slice of peace and quiet, something nice to eat etc. But really, just not the pleasure it used to be.

I still get excited about food - planning healthy meals and eating them but it just doesnt have the emotional hold on me anymore. If I"m not hungry and its not mealtime then I dont need it and generally dont think about it.

I've also started jogging and that really kills my appetite and deters me from overeating because I just want to get better and not feel "heavy" and blah when I do it.

I went through a phase of feeling sick as soon as Id put food in my mouth not like a PB just the feeling of "ewwww" as soon as I would taste whatever it was. Imagine if you ate a fried cockroach !! how you would feel before youd even swallowed it?? well it felt like that

but it wore off about 8 weeks later thank heavens I think it was a reaction to a lot of PBs and my brain had turned against food lol

ok now though though Im always thinking the food tastes "funny"

Oh I feel the same way as you, I hate food, hate makeing decisions as to wht my family is going to eat for dinner because the thought of food just doesn't excite me anymore. I can't stand foodshopping, seeing peopl epile food into their baskets, I can wander the isles for so long, nauseous just thinking about all that food.

It is though liberating, all I used to do it think and pbsess about what I was going to eat, when I was going to eat it.

I am glad I got my band, it has helped me so much with my weight loss.

What was the catilist for the feeling of not liking food anymore. Was it the band and subsequent fills or was it a re-eduacation . I am having a hard time with the cravings of food. I hope to have my first fill on Apr 5.

do you think that will help? I need HELP!!!!!

It almost sounds like y'all are complaining about this effect! :confused:

I know exactly how you feel, and I EMBRACE the lassitude about meals. It's so liberating!! There's so much time in the day now to fill up with other pursuits, and it's this change of focus that makes weight loss possible. We can't lose weight until food takes a MUCH SMALLER place in our lives, and this is what that feels like. Congratulations, MsButterKup!

Gosh, I really wish I had this problem. I'm feeling the opposite right now. Can't keep myself away from the food. Haven't lost any weight in more than a month. I'm never gonna get to my goal weight of 145 by June at this rate of eating. The head demons have made it back into my life. Man, I would give anything to feel this way right now. It's a great feeling when food no longer is in control of your life:)

I can't wait to get to this point! Isn't that why we had the surgery in the first place? Not that food should become our enemy, but strickly our need.

Feeling sick isn't good but not thinking about food all the time!!! WTG

I hope you learn to embrace it, your doing great!

What was the catilist for the feeling of not liking food anymore. Was it the band and subsequent fills or was it a re-eduacation . I am having a hard time with the cravings of food. I hope to have my first fill on Apr 5.

do you think that will help? I need HELP!!!!!

definately not re-education I know, sure as eggs is eggs that if my band was taken out tomorrow next year Id be as fat as ever, its something to do with finding the "sweet spot" Im sure of it

food is no longer important to me, Ive asked thin people if this is normal and they all say it is, my husband is slim and couldnt care less about food, just eats to survive and wants it over with as fast as poss no cosy meals for him, hates eating out, just likes good plain food and not a lot of it

Im going the same way and its GRRRRRRREAT

I feel exactly the same way and I'm thrilled about it. Dawg has to pester me to eat on the weekends. Before my first (and only) fill, I was starving every three hours. Then, right after my fill I was really starving and could eat more than before I got a fill. Very strange! Then things slowed down again, back to eating every three hours, and now (one month later) I'm eating three meals a day and don't even think about food in between the meals. I'm never starving or wanting to graze through the kitchen. I only think about eating when my body says it's time to feed it. It's awesome.

Alexra, I know what exactly what you mean about the grocery store. I was standing in line to use the ATM in WinCo the other day, and right next to me was a table full of the most disgusting stuff you ever did see. Lard, sugar, cream.. good lord, all mixed together into what we have delightfully dubbed cakes and pastries. When I realized I was staring at them, in a daze, I made a face and said Eww right out loud. LOL One thing about the store though, I now watch what's in people's carts and I compare it to how they look. Amazing to see that my cart now looks like those carts being pushed around by healthy, happy looking people. :(

I HAD this problem. (it was GREAT)

Now I have another one. (its not as great, but still better than PRE banding)

I now watch what's in people's carts
So you're that lady...

I'm only about 3 weeks post-op, but still have no appetite. I've started eating fish in the last few days, though, telling myself I really need to eat *something*, especially something with high Protein b/c that's my biggest challenge right now. I hope this continues!