Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question About Qualifying

Hello I wanted to see what my chances are for qualifying. I am sure that this thread is covered if I search for it. But here goes.

Currently I am 35 years old male, 5'7" and weigh between 215 and 220. I yoyo up and down everytime I diet and excercise. I have Hypertension currently being controlled with medication. I have acid reflux, and I am almost positive I have some sort of sleep apnea.

Last year my Dr. Prescribed me Phentermine to lose weight and I did drop about 15 pounds, but also raised my BP too high so I stopped. I work for the railroad and I am on call 24/7 365. Never am I able to dedicate a set time to eat and sleep because it changes from day to day. And keeping any sort of regular schedule for excercise seems impossible when you work 60+ hours a week and never getting days off. You have no days off on the RR.

My current medication to lower my BP is a beta blocker which lowers my heart rate, and when I do go to the gym. It prevents me from reaching my target zone to burn calories. I'm in a losing battle... I am guessing my BMI is In the 34 range. I have heard with comorbidies that some are excepted with lower BMI's than others.

Any advice/experience you can share about qualifying would be greatly appreciated.

If your BMI Body Mass Index is between 35-40 and you have a underlining condition, like High blood pressure, diabetes or sleep apnea, you are qualified. I could not find a BMI calculator, but I believe your BMI is 36. Just your high blood pressure is enough with the weight. You can call your insurance company and see if they cover weight loss surgery. When I call my insuance company, they said if I qualify then they will cover it.

I started this journey asking my doctor for pills to assist in weight loss and my doctor said no way, that will create heart problems. So I asked for a referral for weight loss surgery and I got it that day. There are a lot of dr appts. to go through.

Good luck, I am on m 8th day of recovery still on liquids but I am not sorry at all.

Based on your height and using the weight of 215 your BMI is just under 34. Plenty of BMI calculators online just google it. Also, if you want to know how to calculate it manually this site has the formula

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Body-Mass-Index-%28BMI%29

Lapband requirements:

http://www.lapband.com/en/lapband_is_for_you/medical_considerations/

It truly really depends on your insurance. My insurance wouldn't even consider it without a BMI of 40 or over or BMI 35-40 with a severe co morbidity. I also had to provide them with a 2 year weight history as well as a 6 month weight management program along with all the tests and other visits. I am finally getting banded Wednesday after 9 long months of trying to get qualified. If you click on my link my story is the only blog I have done so far. I wanted this so bad I was willing to do whatever it took and just never gave up on it. Good luck to you and please keep us posted!!!

i paid cash because it was more expensive to go through my insurance. sounds like you qualify though. find a seminar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches