Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding Myself Really Hungry!!

I'm 5 days out of surgery and I follow my diet exactly as I should. Right now I have 3 more days of only liquids left. ( Protein Shakes, broth, crystal light etc) I've been finding that yesterday and today I am getting really hungry. I tried to drink some Water, another shake and that really didn't help. What am i Doing wrong? I'm getting really down on myself - I'm 5 days out I know I've got quite a way before my first fill!

I was starving probably from about day four until about 3 weeks out. Just angry hungry. I was desperate for my first fill because I couldn't imagine having any success feeling that way all the time. Then suddenly, I wasn't so hungry anymore. I still haven't had my first fill, I don't know if my stomach healed to a better point, but now my hunger is much more manageable. I was very faithful following the post-op diet. Hopefully this will happen for you, but it's probably nothing YOU are doing wrong.

The hunger is something most of us experienced post - op it will probably get easier once u start on more solid food, but u may not experience any restriction till maybe fill 3 to 6 so u just have to rely on your own will power till u get the restriction u need. This time between surgery and getting the right amount of fill is called bandster hell, there are many many threads oon this forum about it if u do a search ..

This first 6 weeks is for healing anyways so dont be too eager to feel full up .. use this time to llearn how and what to eat and keep up your Water and Protein intake , the time does soon go .. good luck !

Depending on what you are supposed to do post-op and for how long determines what you should do next.

I felt like I was starving on day 3 post-op. I kept trying to do the Protein shakes but I couldn't deal with the sweetness of mine anymore. Only being able to have either sweet or salty was driving me nuts. I started on soft foods early. I made an omelet from 2 large eggs, some fat free milk, and 1 slice of cheese. I ate it VERY slowly to make sure I could eat it at all. It went down fine. So I kept eating the omelet. After I had 1/2 of it, I was able to throw it away. (Proudest moment ever!). I slowly started to eat soft, mushy foods the rest of the week. Mostly I have a 1 egg omelet and that's it for Breakfast. tuna or chicken salad for lunch. chicken, ground beef, ground turkey for dinner. I keep soft foods in the house and stick with those that have lots of Protein.< /p>

I go for my first fill on Thursday and I'm practically eating normally now. If I find that I'm still hungry, I try to figure out if it's head hunger or real hunger. At the suggestion of someone else from here today, I started a myfitnesspal account to track my food. The thing to remember is, that site (from what I've seen so far) does not factor in that you have a band so your food level is restricted. I was shocked that according to the site that I am not eating anywhere near enough in a day. I'm not even hitting the minimum of 1200 calories. Myfitnesspal will help you track your calories and your protein.

Bonus tip: DO NOT EAT FRUITS WITH SKINS! They do not digest and could cause more harm than good.

Making healthier choices is what all this is about. Concentrate on that and every time you have to eat, make the best choice you can. You will have moments where you slip up, recognize that you slipped up and what you can do about it in the future. Also, listen to your doc. If you are comfortable with trying soft foods early, stick with stuff that is protein packed. It will help you stay fuller longer, help you heal faster, and will help you feel included. Try to keep down to the appropriate portion size too.

Best of luck to you. :)

The thing to remember is, that site (from what I've seen so far) does not factor in that you have a band so your food level is restricted.

*limited. You are limited on the amount of food you can consume is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

The thing to remember is, that site (from what I've seen so far) does not factor in that you have a band so your food level is restricted.

***CORRECTION*** You can change the calorie goal per day. After wandering around on the site for a while, I found that it can be changed. Sorry for the misinformation, just had to wander around the site for a while and investigate it more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches