Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Good Morning Ya'll!!! Have a great day! I think it is going to be above freezing today!!! I am going to go for a long walk! I have a goal of walking 25 miles in January. I was doing good and right on track with 9 miles until this ice storm hit. Do you think I should lower my target or try to make it still?

Stick to it, of course! Being crappy outside doesn't mean you can't walk. Do you have a mall you can walk in? Or a local high school with an indoor track?

Thanks for the laughs, I was reading your posts from yesterday. Wheetsin you are soo right! I can't remember how many times I have literally straddled the toilet to swing the door open!:nervous I am feeling better today...not so homicidal:heh: LOL! I promise not to rant and rave! I went to MD for 1mo visit and I am down 16lbs :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: . Bootcamp has really helped me get moving and motivated. Thank you all for your support :D . Okiefamily- Don't comprimise! You can still make your goal. Go for it!:biggrin1:

Hey Wheetsin... I live in a small town, no mall, no indoor track. I would like to join the gym to use the treadmill but still broke from x-mas. I have been doing some indoor exercise... but I don't count toward my mileage goals. I think I will just keep trying...if I average 1 mile a day I'm there!

My reward for myself is going to be a new pair of Croc's, my fave shoe, but the kind without the holes! If I meet my goal, that is!

I have been known to walk my stairs for exercise. :D

Here's what you do. Cover your floor with wax paper, and put on some little bottie socks. Then "walk" in place on the floor. Surely that would work, no? Why don't you try it and let me know. :heh:

LOL!!! Wheetsin! I did the stairs at work today for our STREAKING on the boot camp board. OMG! I went up and down 5 times... It kicked my @$$. I was huffing and puffing and well, you get the picture...

I love your sense of humor!

Went shopping today at Avenue. Since my last size our office has gone to jeans, so I don't have any work slacks that fit. Have a business trip next week to an office that doesn't have jeans, and Avenue is advertising a big sale, so I went to see if they had anything. And all I can say is OMG who thinks fat girls look good in belted metallic sweater tunics?!? That's as bad as the appliques, sequins, and general "bedazzling" on most of the stuff we have to choose from.

I found 1 pair of pants for now, and 3 (at $9.99 each!) for the next size down... so around 2009 I'll be in them.

Well I bought 22s and 24s today, so when you get there, let me know. Teresita gets dibs on my "cute pointy toed brown suede buckle" shoes, and anything low cut. LOL! But I have lots of 30/32, 26/28. I have lots of stuff beyond 30/32 too.

Ok, here's another rant, since I brought it up but I'm going to say you did.

When I wore "normal" sizes, I could always go and buy my size. I didn't have to buy two sizes in one. So why do ladies of substance have to wear pants that are always a little too small, or a little too big? We're EITHER a size 22, OR a size 24. No one is both. Men don't buy 36/38 jeans, they buy 36 or 28. We're big, but we're not so big that we need TWO DIFFERENT sizes in THE SAME DAMN PAIR OF PANTS. Lerner doesn't carry 8/10, they carry 8 and they carry 10. Why are we the only ones they do this to, hmmm? Fat minds want to know!

Well I bought 22s and 24s today, so when you get there, let me know. Teresita gets dibs on my "cute pointy toed brown suede buckle" shoes, and anything low cut. LOL! But I have lots of 30/32, 26/28. I have lots of stuff beyond 30/32 too.

Ok, here's another rant, since I brought it up but I'm going to say you did.

When I wore "normal" sizes, I could always go and buy my size. I didn't have to buy two sizes in one. So why do ladies of substance have to wear pants that are always a little too small, or a little too big? We're EITHER a size 22, OR a size 24. No one is both. Men don't buy 36/38 jeans, they buy 36 or 28. We're big, but we're not so big that we need TWO DIFFERENT sizes in THE SAME DAMN PAIR OF PANTS. Lerner doesn't carry 8/10, they carry 8 and they carry 10. Why are we the only ones they do this to, hmmm? Fat minds want to know!

girl id love to buy some big clothes from you <3

No reason to buy. Describe your style and I'll see if I have anything that matches. :rose:

No reason to buy. Describe your style and I'll see if I have anything that matches. :rose:

well anything different. anything black,LOL... I am so goth...hahaha um... i'm up for anything as long as i am not an easter egg! heh

No easter egg here! I have a lot of black and gray. Most of it is in 30/32 or 5x-6x, from Avenue and Catherine's.

In my closet, if it's not black, it's an earth tone. :heh:

Wheetsin- I can't wait to I can shop at avenue again! I think I have to lose about 50 more pounds maybe...

i dunno, okie - i fit in some of avenue's clothes (even a 22/24 in stretchie fabric) and we are about the same weight.

you may want to try .. start stretchie and big and work your way down