Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on 7/9 stayed in the hospital overnight no pain. Came home 7/10 (Tuesday) was able to sleep on both sides. Wednesday 7/11 I was able to sleep on both sides but since Thursday it hurts to sleep on either side even with a heating pad.

Also, I'm an emotional eater I was upset on Friday and ate a cheeseburger when I'm suppose to be on liquids will this effect any thing?

You have to be very careful. You are healing. Anything solid could stretch you pouch and pop the stitches around the band. The third to sixth day was the most painful for me. I am 19 days out and feel back to normal for the most part. Just take your pain meds and walk walk walk.

For some reason day 5 was the worst for me. It got better from then on and today is day 10 and I FEEL GREAT! My hunger has returned though. I am so sick of shakes. I swear on day 15 when I move to mushies I will never drink one again. I will eat my Protein somehow someway.

lol.. i said that.. no more frikin shakes.. after i cud have mushies.. and now im 4 mths out and have cravings for shakes. lol funny aint it?

as for the pain the night of sugery i was fine and dandy.. i even remember walking and being up and awake and alert.. day 3? another story... o the pain the pain the pain.. it was the one day i regret having surgery.. never did before... never have since then.... it will pass...

about the cheeseburger.. dont try it again.. lol you dont wanna hurt urself more than ur helping urself.. uve come this far... bear it for a tiny bit longer..

Yes it can damage your stomach to eat solids. STOP. I am not recommending anything but there are many unhealthy foods that can liquify in your mouth that would be a better option than a hamburger at this stage.

I'm not trying to scare or upset you, but yes, it most certainly could effect things. You could rip a suture in your stomach and/or cause the band to slip. Eating a cheeseburger 4 days after surgery was a seriously foolish thing to do. You just put your health at risk.

I understand it's not easy and you're an emotional eater. Many of us are. But this isn't about losing weight or even a pre-op diet, this is about healing from surgery. Do you really want to jeopardize your health?

If the pain continues, see your surgeon to make sure you didn't tear a suture with the cheeseburger. Hopefully everything is ok and this is just a lesson learned. But from this point on, you have no choice but to white knuckle it and follow your surgeon's post op diet so that you can properly heal.

I'm not trying to scare or upset you, but yes, it most certain could effect things. You could rip a suture in your stomach and/or cause the band to slip. Eating a cheeseburger 4 days after surgery was a seriously foolish thing to do. You just put your health at risk.

I understand it's not easy and you're an emotional eater. Many of us are. But this isn't about losing weight or even a pre-op diet, this is about healing from surgery. Do you really want to jeopardize your health?

If the pain continues, see your surgeon to make sure you didn't tear a suture with the cheeseburger. Hopefully everything is ok and this is just a lesson learned. But from this point on, you have no choice but to white knuckle it and follow your surgeon's post op diet so that you can properly heal.

Wow, i'm in total agreement withMis73, that was a seriously foolish think to do!!!!!! We are really here to encourage one another.... and i am encouraging you to STOP!!!!! Please! Let yourself heal!!!!

tat, am going to be tough

4 days after surgery?? please know what you did was wrong. hurting yourself is so not worth it.

please follow your post op liquid diet requirements. as mis says, we all here have eating problems. we all struggle with bad days, bad times, pms, mad at spouses, bad day at work and other stuff. eating will not solve anything. sure it tasted good for a min

or two..but what if something bad happened??

follow honks and familys advice, stop and dont do it again.

Thanks everyone. Yes it was very foolish, stuck in the house with 3 kids and fast food was not smart. Today is a new day and no excuses. And to be honest I wasn't hungry it was a natural reaction to stress that I must changed. I'm 5lbs down since surgery back to the basics for me.

It's hard for all of us. I was banded on 6/27 and the last 2 1/2 weeks have been hell with July 4th and all the burgers, dogs and just everyday living, with 3 other people in house who can eat anything they want. I've had more than one emotional breakdown and wanted to run to the pantry and fridge and just eat what I couldn't have. But I've held it together and you can too!!! You made a slip, just think about how you must heal and your own good physical well being. So next time you feel an urge to have something you shouldn't, fire up the computer....sit down....and log in here. Just remember you always have us here for support.

It's hard for all of us. I was banded on 6/27 and the last 2 1/2 weeks have been hell with July 4th and all the burgers' date=' dogs and just everyday living, with 3 other people in house who can eat anything they want. I've had more than one emotional breakdown and wanted to run to the pantry and fridge and just eat what I couldn't have. But I've held it together and you can too!!! You made a slip, just think about how you must heal and your own good physical well being. So next time you feel an urge to have something you shouldn't, fire up the computer....sit down....and log in here. Just remember you always have us here for support.[/quote']

Thank you so much for the support! This is what I need (support). I'm in it to win this time. It was not worth it.