Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Has Lost Over 100 Pounds?!?!

Thank you all so much. One reason I'm so determined to be one of the "biggest losers" with the lapband is....I had several people tell me that I was "too fat" to have the lapband help me lose any weight and I should go with gastric bypass. I'm bound and determined to show everyone that no matter how heavy you are, this works! I just hope and pray that someday I can be a real inspiration to people that are starting where I did 3 years ago and help them know that this will work for them. Thanks again for everyone's nice comments and constant encouragement!

Congrats!!!

I hope to join you guys soon!

Hi,

I've gained back 57.2 pounds. How did you do it? Am leaving in 15 mins for a tightening. Am very despondent. Have not been able to lose a thing in 7 months.

Would love to chat. Please let me know...

Thanks for the post!!!! I am hoping to be banded in June, and need to lose more than 100 lbs. Your post and that LONG list have really given me hope and encourgement!

100 LBS this week after only 8 months.:unsure:

Congratulations Nikki! You must be so proud and on top of the world!! Good for you! :biggrin2:

I am doing my first check in here too. I have about 28 pounds to go to reach that 100 lbs. lost mark. Seems like a long ways away, but it's going fast... :lol:

It's official, I've lost 105 lbs since having my surgery :tongue_smilie: I have somewhere between 45 and 75 to go to goal, but more than 50% gone. Yay!!!

Congrats to EVERYONE!!!! What a great job!!

God this still feels like it's so far away... I hope to join the group soon...

Hi everyone:

As of this morning I'm down 123 pounds. I am very proud, just like all of us should be proud of our accomplishments.

I think I'm going to Onederland in the next week. Look forward to meeting you lall there.

Take care.

Sue - the crazy trikke lady

jj:

I'm probably going to get a bit emotional when it happens. My plan is to then tell my family that I am officially under 200 pounds. I've never told my Sisters or Daughter how much I weighed when I started. I just keep telling them how much I've lost and that my goal is to be in a size 12. It's kind of emotional for me because of my Mom not being here. I know that she would be so proud because she fought the battle of the bulge throughout most of her life too. She would have had a band if she'd lived long enough. She did the medifast diet back in the late 80's, became a walker to maintain, but eventually put back about half of the 127 she lost. I can already feel how proud she is of me.

I'm also going to bring my doctor and his staff a gift to thank them for everything they've done to help me achieve my place in Onederland. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice gift basket with about a hundred or so healthy type inividual Snacks that are all 150 calories or less. None of them are obese, but that's probably because they make healthier choices than I always did. Something they can keep in their kitchen at the office until it runs out. I don't know if people thank them enough.

I used to think about elaborate things that I would want to have at each goal, but not so much anymore. I've got a daughter in college, so money's tight. I'm guessing that I'll probably plan a celebration when I hit goal, but I'll wait and see. Maybe a trip, or a cruise, or something like that next year or the year after we can combine her graduation from graduate school with my healthier body. Maybe I'll have a Tummy Tuck by then???

Thanks for asking.

What kind of celebrations have you had already, and are you planning?

Sue

WOW SUE - I JUST SAW YOUR TICKER - YOU DID IT - WOO HOO :rant::lol::lol:

Sue your plans sound so great. I know that even the idea of being under 200 pounds makes me emotional. I'm not sure why it seems like such a milestone, but I know when I picked my goal of 180 - it was really about being under 200 pounds. I "think" that the last time I was under 200, I was likely about 13 or so. I have no idea of being an adult at that weight!

I know what you mean about your mom. My mom died 11 1/2 years ago and she also struggled with her weight (not successfully). She spent my entire childhood trying to help me lose weight, which I actively and passively resisted. I think she would be so proud as well.

I don't know what I am going to do. I am hoping to hit onederland sometime in the next month (if I stick to my loss patterns). I am actually at a loss.

Part of my decision to get the lap band is that I need a major surgery and that surgeon had sent me away 14 months ago and said not to come back until I lost 100 pounds (I think he was reasonably surprised when I saw him a couple of weeks ago and said "guess what" :hurt:). Now he is talking about doing the surgery and possibly also a Tummy Tuck at the same time, if all went extremely well with part 1 of the surgery (tt because of the potential complications of all my extra skin and fat in my belly). I was beside myself (it would be covered by health care) and have a referral to see a plastic surgeon on May 26. I don't know what to think or even if I should hope!!!! That seems to be my focus right now - try and lose as much weight as I can, just in case I can get a tt.

I think I need a way to Celebrate, but I just don't know what to do. Very few people have a clue as to what my weight was, although I have been open in telling people how much I have lost. The bad part of that is that if I tell them I am under 200, they will be able to do the math. I am not sure I am ready for that :redface:

I am very proud of you. Keep it up and plan something nice for yourself at some point anyways. You deserve it and I am sure family is in full agreement!

I did it. I did it. I did it. I wanted to reach that 100 pounds gone by my one year anniversary and I did it. Woo Hoo....It feels awesome!!! Hopefully I can get this last 25-30 off and it's off to the plastic surgeon to get this horrible skin off of my mid section. What a Christmas present that would be, huh?

jj:

A piece of jewelry is a nice way to Celebrate. However, be more careful than I was. I was such a dope when I lost 100 I bought myself a beautiful aquamarine ring - about $400. When it came it was a bit snug so I could only wear it short periods of time, and not at night (water retention). I wanted to show it to my Sister that I don't see that often, so I put it in my pocket. That was the last I saw of it. On the day that I lost it I probably reached into my pocket for something else and it came out. I had walked all over town that day so I retraced my steps. I'm guessing that I lost it in the ladies room where I stop when I'm out walking. Nice find for someone.

If you don't already have one, an MP3 player is a great reward too.

Hopefully you'll be under 200 soon.

Take care.

Sue