Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Javier de la Garza?

Hello Doug, I haven't personally but I wanted to tell you that when I was searching on this site for info. on a few doctors (Aceves, Kuri, Sanchez) I saw a post from a man who went to Dr. De La Garza and wrote a very cautionary tale. He tells that his liver was nicked and colon punctured. He didn't get help in Mexico and quickly flew back to US for blood transfusions and surgery. I guess I would search for this and get in touch with him.

Hope this helps.

I use Dr. De La Garza and have nothing but good things to say about him and his assistant Nina. They were very caring, and professional. I was banded in Nov. 05 and so far, no problems. He does a flouro every time I go back for a fill and doesnn't charge for the fill or the flouro or even the room in the hospital hotel. He likes you to stay over one night to see if the fill is comfortable. If you are too tight, he will unfill the next day.

why did you choose this doctor, I'm also considering using him for my surgery. was the hospital good how was the care?. any information would help.

I was banded by Dr. De La Garza 2/3/06 and just returned from my first fill today. The care I recieved from the doctor and the hospital staff was wonderful. I was a little nervous before surgery, and then I saw the surgical suite...state of the art top to bottom. The facilities are extremely clean and the nursing staff is second to none.

Dr. De La Garza is quite accessible, I don't know the story of the man who "recieved no help" after surgical complications. My first question for him would be whether or not he left the hospital AMA (against medical advice). These types of occurances are part of the risks of surgery, the question is not has a surgeon had a patient with a complication but how did he handle the situation.

Hi All,

I used Dr. De la Garza and had a wonderful experience. I went and had the surgery alone, and was taken care of completely. My experience there was great. Everyone there was so kind, professional, and attentive. The facility was awesome and I am very satisfied with my decision.

This is the thread that Cherylgrzeb was referring to. Read it and come to your own conclusion regarding this person's experience. I didn't come across this thread until after I was banded.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4891&highlight=de+la+garza

My experience with Dr. De la Garza was quite different. I have had nothing but a positive outcome, thank goodness. Lets hope it stays that way.

Good Luck:)