Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction

I had my 2nd fill almost a week ago bringing me to 3.5 cc I haven't been able to eat as much and a few times I haven't chewed well or swallowed too much and it leads to a severe pain in my chest and tonight I felt like I was gonna puke. Never had this prob before. Will this go away? I know everyone is different but most people say they don't have any restriction until their 4-5 fill. I can't imagine having anymore than this so does it eventually ease up or am I where I want to be?

i have had many, many small fills. In the beginning I would have restriction for awhile then need another fill. As you lose weight, you may need more fills as the fat pad around your stomach goes away. I had restriction from the beginning with only a 1cc fill, until I lost weight, then needed many more small fills over the last year and a half. I had a hard time telling the difference between restriction, and not chewing well enough and eating slowly. If you make sure you do these things and are still getting stuck, then you may need a small unfill. Good luck to you!

Don't panic just yet. The learning curve is slow with the band and after every fill you will need to relearn how to eat again. Sounds like you may be eating big bites, eating too fast or not chewing enough. It takes time. I've had restriction since March and I still get stuck occasionally. You may have just had your first stuck episode. You should be celebrating! Now is when you start to communicate with your band. Now you should listen for the full signals. Satiety is your goal now.

tmf

Thanks!! It def made me not want to let that happen agian...I've noticed I get a slight pressure in my chest sometimes when im eating. I assume this is my body telling me to stop but sometimes it's only after a few bites. I worry about how I'm to get all my Protein in when I get full so quickly.

My experience was nearly the same after fill #6. It sometmes took me 45 minutes to eat a small meal. My wife would finish her meal and go read or watch TV while I sat there waiting for my food to pass through the portal. Most meals where I was stuck I would wait 10-15 minutes for the first bolus of food to pass and then it got easier. But some foods like chicken or dry fish would take forever to eat.

Some of the tricks you may learn are using low fat, low carb sauces to help these foods pass. Salsa is a good one. Also, spaghetti sauces may help some foods travel through the portal. Just make sure you aren't using it on all foods or they may become slider foods and you will eat toomuch.

The upside to this phase is that you may lose a lot of weight but it's no way to live. I finally went back in for a small unfill. I was in the green zone before but now it's much more comfortable.

tmf

It is possible that you are a tad too tight. If you keep getting that feeling go back to your doc. Being too tight can cause damage. Listen to your body.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches