Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is Wednesday 3/15/06

Hey everyone......My surgery is scheduled for this Wed....and I am so very anxious..........:clap2: and excited.....please pray for me and lift me up to God for I know he is in control of this situation from start to finish.....I am currently on day 5 of my liquid diet :help: I am dying from that...lol.....just teasing.....:) and I am anxiously awaiting Wednesday morning......Thanks for this site...for all the love and for the prayers in advance.....

Much Love

Carla

My surgery is scheduled for April 4, 2006, and I am so excited but yet a little nervous about being put under. But, I know GOD is in control so that is what keeps me focused!

Heyas Carla.. I guess we should start out with a prayer for your resurrection, since you'll most likely be dead from the starvation. *winks*

Seriously, it sounds like you know where your faith in your future lies. You will be in our prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. God bless.

Angelu: Congrats and best of luck to you! I too am nervous about being put out but more nervous about being put out for life if my weight dont change :) so I will do this instead (hehehehe).....God will see us through...dont worry..and good luck

Photonut: Girl...I am about passed out from lack of nutrition :) Imma dyin here from starvation (hehehehehe) just teasing....its okay....and well worth it...

Thanks so much to both of you....

Much love

Carla

and support...you dont know how much I appreciate it..I feel like if I can get through this liquid diet..I have get through anything :angry cause its tough to live on liquids for a week....gee.....I mean I know that I will live on alot less food from now on and I respect that and have NO problems with it and cannot wait but I guess just the drastic change to your system so fast is what is the adjustment...I hanging in there and making it...but I am ready for the surgery to be over and on my way to recovery......Thanks everyone and dont forget to pray for me!

Much love

Carla

Carla, I was just banded on thursday......the first two days i thought to my self what was i thinking because of the pain but now on the third and fourth day i am so happy, Ive already lost 16 pounds since my pre op diet and i havent ate in so long that i dont even have an appetite so just stick with the pre op diet and after a while you wont even miss food because its almost like your body adjusts, even though in your head you will still think about food.....the more Protein i drink the more satisfied i feel and sugar free fudge pops are great too....

Hang in there Carla and congrats on the surgery date! I think docs that have the liquid diet requirement are quite likely Satan's spawn. :) Keep us updated and wishing a safe passage to BandLand!

Carla, good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

This is your last day of starvation, Carla! Aren't you excited!?

How are ya doing? Getting nervous? The Monday bandsters are back and checking in. As you can tell, they are sore but geesh, if Leener can do it without painkillers... aw, nevermind...she's nuts *grins*

Good luck, Carla! I had mine done yesterday in Houston. I was nervous about the anesthesia, too. All went well and I know yours will too. I prayed all the way down the hall to surgery, it helped me feel a little less anxious.

Good luck, Carla! I had mine done yesterday in Houston. I was nervous about the anesthesia, too. All went well and I know yours will too. I prayed all the way down the hall to surgery, it helped me feel a little less anxious.

hello, were you banded at the surgicenter or at herman? if you were at the surgicenter, then surely we saw each other. Dr. spivak did my band also.:clap2:

Thanks for all the support and love........yes photo......I am so glad that today is the last day of "this" liquid phase of my diet........hehehehe...glad to get banded and get on the road to recovery.........thanks again everyone and pray pray pray for me.....

Much Love

Carla

Carla, you do know about the two weeks of liquids after surgery, don't you? *grin* That's what the doc put my DW on. Then a week of mushies. He's a bit over cautious, but she hasn't had any problems.....