Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just started yesterday on my 2week preop diet and already vomited. Is this what I have to look forward to for 2 weeks. I can Only have shakes and Water by the way! I need tips please.

Well I can only tell you what I am allowed and maybe you could ask your Doctor... I am allowed Soy Milk to mix my shakes. SILK Light is a good choice since it is lower in calories and sugars. I am sorry they are making you sick and I am sure your Doctor would want to know if you cannot keep them down. Good luck to you!

It is not the taste of the shake so much, but the lack of food. I thought I would be able to have broth and Jello but he said no.

canderson - I am so sorry you are having such problems. You sound miserable. I, like Jhudson, was allowed broth and sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello. Try adding some extracts to your Protein drinks and crush it with ice in a blender (making a milkshake) maybe that will help. If you can't hold this down, you need to find out why and call your doc. You shouldn't be having issues on your pre-op diet (other than being HUNGRY). Being hungry is normal, throwing up is not.

Melinda in Florida

Thanks everyone. I think I got sick because I was so hungry. Today I am fine so far. We will see if that changes after work.

You can have more than Water. You can have sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, Crystal Lite. There are no calories in any of that and it makes it less miserable. You can also have beef and chicken broth. Don't let it get you down, stay strong and be brave it will be over before you know it. Good Luck!

IF your doc said no to that stuff then don't do it, even if others were allowed. Mine didn't allow any of that and I stuck true to it all (today is my last day yay!) BUT I kept gagging on the taste of all the gross Protein Drinks. Finally called the office and they said I could have carnation Breakfast essentials mixed into a glass of milk - they still considered it a Protein Drink. The last week was SO wonderful and bearable thanks to that - no more gagging, no more grossness. Maybe you could find a solution too... hope it goes better for you.

IF your doc said no to that stuff then don't do it' date=' even if others were allowed. Mine didn't allow any of that and I stuck true to it all (today is my last day yay!) BUT I kept gagging on the taste of all the gross Protein drinks. Finally called the office and they said I could have carnation breakfast essentials mixed into a glass of milk - they still considered it a Protein drink. The last week was SO wonderful and bearable thanks to that - no more gagging, no more grossness. Maybe you could find a solution too... hope it goes better for you.[/quote']

Where as I can have four ounces of lean meat I can not have ANY dairy. None. So weird how that works. Do what you doc says. It won't last that long. You could be having withdrawal.

Have you tried adding stuff to the Protein drinks? I like to add blueberries, cherries and pineapple to vanilla Protein powder. My docs office said no dairy or yogurt, but that I could add sugar free pudding. It makes for a really good smoothie. I can't even taste the Protein.

I do similar with chocolate Protein Powder - I just nix the pineapples. It is mighty tasty.

Have you tried adding stuff to the Protein drinks? I like to add blueberries' date=' cherries and pineapple to vanilla Protein powder. My docs office said no dairy or yogurt, but that I could add sugar free pudding. It makes for a really good smoothie. I can't even taste the protein.

I do similar with chocolate protein powder - I just nix the pineapples. It is mighty tasty.

[/quote']

No I am not sure if I could do that. I will ask Monday.

Things that are zero calories are just like Water. Crystal Lite has no cals, no sugar, no sodium and so does the sugar free Jello and popsicles. As long as you are not consuming calories or solids (which fruit is both solid and sugar and a no-no on this diet) The reason for the diet is to shrink your liver and have nothing solid in your system before surgery and that is exactly what you need to do. You can get flavoring sugar free and calorie free on the coffee aisle of your grocery store. There are chocolate, caramel, raspberry and hazelnut that I found and add nothing bad to your shake.

Keep the faith and do your best.....

If your doctor said shakes and Water that's what they meant! Adding fruit would be a bad idea because you want to force your body to burn fat. It chooses carbs, then Protein, then fat. If you add fruit you are adding LOTS of carbs. As mentioned by previous posters; doctors have different plans and you need to follow YOUR doctor no one elses.