Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBandTalk Contest & Newsletter 05/28/2012

LapBandTalk Contest & Newsletter

By
LapBandTalk.com Newsletter

Hey, Bandsters,

It’s that time again…another couple of weeks, another newsletter! We keep you updated on the latest happenings on LapBandTalk.com, and there’s a lot happening! Here’s a quick rundown of this week’s newsletter.

Visit LapBandTalk.com often to stay on track with your weight loss journey and stay motivated to follow your diet and exercise program to get the success you deserve with the lap-band. Stay involved in the discussion forums, and always let us know if you have any comments, suggestions or questions. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder

LapBandTalk.com

Kindle App Launched!

The LapBandTalk.com app for the Kindle has launched! You can download it for free from Amazon for instant use on your Android. The Kindle app joins the lineup of LapBandTalk.com apps for iPod, iPad, iPhone and Android. All of these apps are fully functional, so you can read and post to the forums, upload photos and send private messages. Don’t go anywhere without LapBandTalk.com!

Don’t forget about the contest to Celebrate the launch of our new apps. The contest to win a free iPod Touch is still on, and you can get the details in the first LapBandTalk.com newsletter. There’s still time to enter; just complete your member profile and post to the forums to become eligible. The more you post and more involved you are on LapBandTalk.com, the better your chances of winning. Your chances improve when you post to the forums, join a group, comment on our new WLS magazine, upload photos or refer a friend.

Wondering How You Can Help Out Other Bandsters Even More?

LapBandTalk.com has more than 100,000 members who regularly come here for information, support and advice during all stages of your weight loss journey. Some of you visit often to read the forums, but you don’t post very often. Some of you post regularly. Both kinds of members are fantastic because LapBandTalk.com is dedicated toward helping everyone who needs it. We’re a welcoming, supportive community.

We know that many of you Bandsters go above and beyond the call of duty, and want to know how you can use LapBandTalk.com to become even more supportive of your fellow bandsters. A few of you have asked about it, and we know a lot more of you are wondering the same thing. A great first step is to reach out to new members. Greet them when they post on the “Introductions” Forums, and answer any newbie questions to help them learn the ropes. And thanks!

Tickers and Trackers Help You Be More Successful!

What do you need to keep yourself on track, show the world who you are and remind yourself of what you’ve accomplished? Tickers and trackers, of course!

• Tickers let you mark your BMI, body fat, weight and countdown to surgery. They show your starting value, where you currently are and your goal value.

• Trackers are for recording your current body measurements.

You get to customize them by choosing what they look like. We encourage you to make your tickers and trackers public, so that they are displayed when you post in the forums. That helps you stay and inspires your fellow bandsters. If you’re a little shy, you can make your ticker private so that only you see it.

Lap-Band Helps Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan Look a Little More Athletic

You already know that it doesn’t feel so good to have other people look at you and judge you because of your weight. It had to be tough for Rex Ryan, head coach of the New York Jets pro football team, to regularly be on national television weighing 338 pounds, and it probably didn’t help his ability to move around the football field while coaching.

He got the lap-band in Since then, he’s lost close to 90 pounds. He’s approaching his goal weight of 250 pounds, and he looks a lot more comfortable in his clothes. He’s had no serious side effects beside slight indigestion following a post-game celebration, and he’s even inspired his younger brother, Rob Ryan, to get the band. Whom will you inspire? What do you think of the story? Post your thoughts and any lap-band talk news stories you see in the LapBandTalk.com News Forum!

Coming Soon: Member Spotlights!

We introduced them in the previous newsletter, and they’re coming soon…Keep your eyes peeled for member spotlights! Each LapBandTalk.com newsletter that comes out from now on will feature a different member. You’ll get to read all about our honorees.

We’ll be Contacting You Soon!

Don’t forget to post in the member spotlight forum to nominate yourself or another Bandster! Don’t be shy about it. Your story can make the difference in someone’s life. Within the coming weeks, many of you will be contacted through the LapBandTalk.com PM system about becoming a spotlighted member.

Bandster Challenge! Highlights from the Last Challenge and a New Challenge to Try!

Each Bandster Newsletter, we’ll give you a challenge. You can always find the latest news about the current challenge and check out the old ones in the Challenge Forum. The Challenge is a non-competitive way to push yourself to try something new or unusual. We encourage you to let everyone know how you did on the Challenge by posting in the Challenge Forum.

Roundup of the Previous Bandster Challenge: Try a New Food!

In the last newsletter, we suggested trying a new food or recipe that was healthy and a good fit for your meal plan. You can check out member contributions in the Bandster Challenge Forum. Here are three good ones.

• Breakfast – Cream cheese pancakes from MadcapMama. These pancakes are high in Protein, low in calories and a sweet way to start your day.

• Lunch – Tandoori chicken salad from SageTracey. This salad has tzatzitki dressing – it’s a great for your lunch or dinner. It has 166 calories per serving, but SageTracey says she couldn’t even finish it all.

• Dessert – vanilla Ice Cream with Peanut Butter from imperfect 1974. What else is there to say?

Thanks to the three of you for sharing your culinary expertises! Don’t forget that you can always go back, try the old Bandster challenges and post your experience. Going public is a great way to motivate yourself, and other members can learn from your experiences!

The New Challenge: Share a NSV!

Okay, first of all, what does NSV mean? It’s short for a Non scale Victory, and it’s just what it sounds like. It’s a victory related to your lap-band journey but not related to the number on the scale. We all have disappointing weigh-ins at some point, but it’s not all about the weight. The journey is about getting healthy, loving life and having new, positive experiences. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the number on the scale that we forget to celebrate the other victories that are just as important.

This Newsletter’s challenge is to recognize a new NSV and write about it in the Challenge Forum. An NSV can be anything that makes you realize what positive steps you’ve taken for yourself. Some possible NSV’s that you recognize might be:

• Going to a baseball game and fitting into the seat.

• Buying your new summer swimsuit in a regular store.

• Keeping your cool while you eat a meal with your hypercritical mother-in-law.

Don’t be shy about sharing your NSV on the Challenge Forum. You can help other Bandsters learn to recognize their own NSVs and take pride in them!

So that’s about it for this week’s newsletter, but there’s never a dull moment at LapBandTalk.com! Come by and post often, and be sure to share your opinions, advice and feedback. See you on the boards!

Sincerely,

Alex

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=newsletter