Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am expecting to be able to have my surgery in August or September upon approval of insurance. The reason I am unsure of the exact date is the facility i will be having the surgery requires me to pay my part of the facility (hospital) charge upfront. And on top of that the finacial representative at the hospital is unable to give me the amount i will be due as it is subject to possibley change. While I completely understand change, I would just like to at least get a grasp on the range of dollars i should expect to pay. I work for the insurance company that I am covered through and know i am not able to get a quote from them as they can not quote on facility charges because the contracts differ so much from facility to facility. I will be using a center for excellence and am in Washington state, with BCBS insurance. What i am looking for is just some examples of what you have all paid for the **hospital fees only*** even if u live in a different state, just want to see what everyone else has been billed. I have a good grasp on the surgeon and anesthesiolgist already and they will bill me anyways. I have a $3000 ded, i expect to have met or near met by surgery and a 10,000 max out of pocket (im on a family plan). My insurance covers 80% after ded. If anyone has had their surgery done at the Deaconess Medical Center your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone so much!

My surgeon billed for 3000 and got 1600. Hospital billed for 17000 and got 13000. I live in Portland and went to Legacy Good Sam Weight Management Institute.

I also had to pay 20% to the hospital, different hospital and different state.

My portion was just over $3000 to the hospital.

BUT I got a 25% discount if I paid before the surgery.

Thank you for responding! All insight is super helpful! :)

Expect to pay $3000 in hospital, anenethesia, and doc fees. Check out care credit. 18 mos 0% interest. Most take it.

My total Hospital bill was around $29,000. To which I only paid $355. I have yet to receive the bill from my doctor or my anesthesiologist since i just had the surgery done on 5/25. The hospital billed me up front!! Luckily I have a primary and a secondary insurance that will go towards my bills.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!