Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Weeks Post Op And No Weightloss

I have lost 8kgs included pre op diet and no more. I currently have 6mls and can eat solids but no weightloss. Anyone here the same or it's just me. Thought I'd be 15 kilos lighter by now. ;(

Not sure what that is in pounds...but have you monitored you food intake...like weighing everything? I know it was an eye opener for me. what I thought was 3oz would be 5....makes a big difference. Have you cut out the bad carbs? Stopped drinking calories? how many calories are you at? what about Protein and carbs.Have you been doing any exercise?

Don't mean to interrogate you--haha Just trying to see where we as a group can help give you some ideas?

It's around 19lbs - I haven't monitored my food intake or really been watching my food which I think is the main issue. I will have to read my bandster book off healthier ideas. I do walk bit I guess it's my fault I haven't lost weight. Thanks for your post! :)

It's around 19lbs - I haven't monitored my food intake or really been watching my food which I think is the main issue. I will have to read my bandster book off healthier ideas. I do walk bit I guess it's my fault I haven't lost weight. Thanks for your post! :)

19 pounds is nothing to sneeze at... when was your surgery?

Fault isn't the right word.....this is a learning process. For some this is the first time we are doing some of these things...like weighing food and exercising. it may take you a couple of false starts before you get the hang of it. You aren't a failure in less you say you are.

However...(though love coming)...it is your responsibility to educate yourself!! knowledge is everything. You must learn a new way of life. The band will do its part, but it can't control what you choose to put in your mouth.......So what can we help you with?

Do you need some food guidelines? exercise ideas?

I would suggest you join www.myfitnesspal.com its a great way to log your foods and keep track of what you are really eating....just don't listen to what it tells you should have in a calories...its way to high!! Feel free to add me as a buddy same username: waitingpatiently--- I will be glad to help you establish your food goals in myfitnessness pal...or help you even set some short and long term goals to help you succeed. feel free to inbox me as well.

Waiting, I think she said she wanted to be 19 lbs lighter not that she is.

Neaky, You are most likely in bandster hell right now. Your band isn't tight enough so you can consume most anything so right now it's just a diet and we all know how bad we are with diets. My favorite saying here is: "It's just another diet until you get restriction". Of course, I'm assuming since you didn't provide a lot of information on what you eat and how much but most of us have gone through "Bandster Hell".

Also, many docs make their patients go on a 2-6 week pre-op diet which rids the body of many fluids and makes the post-op weight loss much less than it would be.

tmf

Waiting, I think she said she wanted to be 19 lbs lighter not that she is.

tmf

Oh maybe so.....8kg is 18 pounds and 15kg is more like 33 pounds. I took it as though she had lost "8kg/19lbs" pounds but would have thought she should have lost more like "15kg/33lb"

Wrote a long post and it did not take.

Basically if you aren't weighing your Protein you should start. My doctor says 3 oz.

Any food you would be embarrased to eat in front of your doctor. Don't eat.

Now for the E word. I am a slow loser even though I do a MINIMUM of 60 minutes of moderate cardio a day. Usually closer to 90. And three days week it's 2 1/2 hours.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches