Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been banded for almost 1 year and have lost my weight. I needed to loose 50 lbs, I know for some that is not much but for me at almost 60 years old and having to take blood pressure medicine, it was a huge wall.

I have had 3 fills, the last one takes me to a 1.8. I cannot eat much and cannot even think about eating chicken, or beef there is not small enough bites, salad no longer works, but popcorn goes down just fine and I do not understand why. It makes no sense to me that I can eat junk and not mashed potatoes with out choking. If someone can explain this to me I would love it.

Thanks

candy

Most junk food turns to liquid or mush before it hits the band so it slides through easily. Proper foods do not turn to mush before they hit the band, they sit there for a while and pass through very slowly.

We would all love a band that could stop us eating junk but unfortunately it isn't out there. When they invent it my name is going at the top of the list!

I have been banded for almost 1 year and have lost my weight. I needed to loose 50 lbs, I know for some that is not much but for me at almost 60 years old and having to take blood pressure medicine, it was a huge wall.

I have had 3 fills, the last one takes me to a 1.8. I cannot eat much and cannot even think about eating chicken, or beef there is not small enough bites, salad no longer works, but popcorn goes down just fine and I do not understand why. It makes no sense to me that I can eat junk and not mashed potatoes with out choking. If someone can explain this to me I would love it.

Thanks

candy

candy... what an inspiration you are to me right now. thats a wonderful weight loss. i want to lise about 70 pounds. im 66. ive lost 28 pounds in two months.. so ive got over a year i think to lose all my weight. Like you, i have to take b/p meds. im hoping to get off mine as well.

you are saying that you cant eat meat? could you share with me please what you are eating? are you still on Protein Shakes then? i know that high Protein is important.... what can you share with me?? im really interested. if you want to send a personal email my email is chestermanjudith318@gmail.com. Im 66 this year. judych

Most junk food turns to liquid or mush before it hits the band so it slides through easily. Proper foods do not turn to mush before they hit the band, they sit there for a while and pass through very slowly.

We would all love a band that could stop us eating junk but unfortunately it isn't out there. When they invent it my name is going at the top of the list!

so will mine be. ive had an awful day. im so tired and wrung out. in fact im exhausted. i had three pieces of chocolate earlier. when i feel so wrung out i always seem to crave sweet things. i hate myself right now. this is twice ive gone for sweets in the last week.

Well popcorn is an exception (i can inhale it) but most junk is very high in ft and very low in fibre which makes it kinda slidey as long as you chew.

But i can eat junk food bread - no mcdonalds burger, no subway. Yet i can eat a real hamburger either made by me or from the fish and chip shop - homemade burger, fresh salad, tasted real bread roll. Not all of it, waaaay too big but some.

Theres no real hyme or reason and its different fir different people.

Well popcorn is an exception (i can inhale it) but most junk is very high in ft and very low in fibre which makes it kinda slidey as long as you chew.

But i can eat junk food bread - no mcdonalds burger, no subway. Yet i can eat a real hamburger either made by me or from the fish and chip shop - homemade burger, fresh salad, tasted real bread roll. Not all of it, waaaay too big but some.

Theres no real hyme or reason and its different fir different people.

well i dont want to have to give meat up completely. im looking at how i can tenderise chicken and meat more. ive found a good site. im going to try it out when i can safetly eat meat again.

Crock pot the meat slow cook all day. Pork shoulder chicken and roasts. It's never dry and couldn't be more tender!

Crock pot the meat slow cook all day. Pork shoulder chicken and roasts. It's never dry and couldn't be more tender!

thanks for this. ive got two crockpots and ive always used them. im thinking that i will try pork and some more chicken in one. see how i go with that.

You are so welcome! I just put a little Water garlic onions and seasoning and roast on low. I even did it with tilapia and lemon pepper seasoning. Desperation made me creative lol I bought a double crock and I put meat in one and veggies and cous cous in the other so dinner is done all at once. Did I mention I was lazy ? :)

You are so welcome! I just put a little Water garlic onions and seasoning and roast on low. I even did it with tilapia and lemon pepper seasoning. Desperation made me creative lol I bought a double crock and I put meat in one and veggies and cous cous in the other so dinner is done all at once. Did I mention I was lazy ? :)

lol.. it just sounds like good management to me. lol. these tips are great. i will write them down.

That sounds so good! Writing this down so I can try it!

I'm the same way after my last fill no meats even slow cooked it hits my Band like a trapaline and right back out Not even a small bite. My band has its own mind I think. I can eat Jerky dry hard jerky but not a hamburger party. Weird!

Thanks

candy

i wish i could explain it to you... i cant. at the moment im trying out lean mince cooked in the crockpot and its going down well. i cant eat fish or beef any other way yet. ive only had 3ccs so far. it took me two weeks before i could eat any solids much after the fill.

My doctor says if you can't eat 3 oz solid Protein you are too tight.

"Solid" Protein is usually too dry--or maybe your doctor's definition of "solid" is different than mine? tuna? No. Hamburger? No. Salmon? No. chicken breast? No. Scrambled egg? No. Tofu? No. The only time I can eat 3oz of solid Proteins is when I've had an unfill--or nearly--and then I'm hungry all the time. Rules like that bug me, but if it's working for you, all the more power to ya.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk