Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 1week post-op... I have been doing really great!!!:-) heeling fast and amazingly great! went on clear liquid diet 3days post-op than full liquid on the 4th day but didn't ever find that fullfilness in that so I called and my nurse told me to switch straight up to purees see if I tolerate it... WHICH I DID!!!:-) unlike some other ppl I NEVER experienced pain or nausea eTibg or at any time post-op. I also ate what was recommended and keep it down without a problem. I even tried 6days post-op hard food and had salmon with salads!:-) yet AGAIN no pain, no nausea...! So I was happy!:-) thought I was on great track healing pretty fast and without complications...until

Today I went for my 1st 1week post-op apointement... I lost 12lbs in 2weeks (both including pre and post-op) my surgeon was happy but when I said I was on puree fast and was about to mention proudly I even had started hard food when he started yelling at me!!!-_- telling me: " NO NO NO who did u talk to??!! I WANT U TO LOSE WEIGHT AND U NEED TO STAY ON LIQUID DIET!!!! DONT DO THAT AGAIN AND DON'T PUSH UR LUCK!!!!" -_- I felt so lost and confused and terribly imberresed like a child being reprimanded!!!:-(

Than he told me to keep walking and to see him again in a month for my 1st filling!!!0_O

I couldn't believe it and didn't understand none of all this!!

Honestly I am glad I did the surgery!!! Couldn't be any happier and glad it went smoothly but HONNESTLY regret doing it there!!!:-( The customer service IS HORRIBLE!!! they never take the time for u and never gladly take a one on one apt to make sure all is clear and explained to me!!! I found out much more before and after surgery through this forum than with my surgeon!!!:-( and for $13,000 out of MY pocket it really sucks!! Every time I call to ask questions everyone treats me like I am a child and keep telling me to " RELAX CALM DOWN EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!!!" like if I was a damn child!!!!!

Well now I dont understand the whole deal of keeping on the full diet for 2more weeks when I thought this whole process was just to help u heal...!!!! But WHAT IF IM OK AND HEALING GOOD!!!! I know I have to lose weight but it'll happen at it's paith like it already is weather I'm eating hard food or liquid!!!-_-

It's funny how well they can BUTTER U UP to pay up to get the surgery than once done... U just become a number rAther than a patient!!:-( im really Sid and don't know what to do!

I dobt feel like following my doctor's advise cause he really pissed me off and to me really made NO SENS!!!

I have one month before my next meeting for my filing (which I'm really getting very nervous about)... I don't feel comfortable with my surgeon or the place yet I am forced to stay cause all my feelings and emergency interventions are included in that price which I dont wanna pay more somewhere else!!

Idk what to do...:-( I thought I was doing so great and now he really bumped me out yelling at me like this!!!:-(

At what point am I concedered OK to eat hard food?

When can I start working out a lil more intensive than just and ONLY walk/power walk...??!!!-_-

What should I expect with the 1st filling?? Pain? Nausea?

Right now I'm able to eat about 1 1/2 of my fist...

It's not 4oz or 1cup but DEFINITLY 10000X LESS than what I used to eat per meal before the band!!!:-)

I'm watching what I eat and only "cheated" twice very little with 1tiny peace of chocolate once and 6small fried calamari when out once with hubby!!! Yet seems I'm STILL loosing...!!!!

UUUURRRGGHHH ALL THIS IS JUST SO FRUSTRATING!!!

what should have been a HAPPY check up turned out to bump me out and confuse me even more!!!:-(

Sorry this post was so long...I just needed to vent!!:-(

Thanks a million for reading!!

XoXo

We all need to vent sometimes, :o

I would be very upset also. The doctor was not very professional.

He should have made it clear before your surgery what was expected and what you should do post-op.

My doctors instuctions after surgery were two weeks of liquids, two weeks of mushies and then start solids after 4 weeks post-op.

I know if you feel great and are healing it is hard to understand but your body needs to heal inside as well as out.

Don't eat just to get back at your doctor you are only hurting yourself and not him.

Sorry you got such an uncaring doctor and staff, hopefully things will get better for you.

Thank u grandma3!:-) I actually had not thought of it that way... I just assumed that this food progress was just made based on the most common symptoms and recovery of patients therefor I assumed that doing so well...there was no reason for me to stay on liquids!

It's like breaking my foot...if afterwRds I'm already able to walk and figure it out than why should I need rehab..?! (idk if it makes sens) but yes...my opinions are DEFINITLY not doctor opinion and indeed could doesn't mean should! I realized I am fairly new to out and that although I seem fine on the OUTSIDE it might take longer on the INSIDE to heel and last thing I wAnt is risking a slippage for burning stages for the wrong reasons..!!!:-)

Thank u for ur help and words of encouragement and THANK YOU for making more sens than my doc :-O and opening my eyes!!!:-)

Btw how far are u on ur journey?!:-)

I need to loose 70lbs... 12gone...58 to go...:-P

It is so normal to feel frustrated and confused. You are trying to listen to your body for maybe the first time in a long time. I was so afraid to eat in the beginning, expecting pain, nausea, all the horror stories. But I didn't have that. My doctor did not yell at me, but certainly has been very direct throughout all the years I have been seeing her. She knows a certain way to do this that works for most people, and she wanted me to succeed, not blow it! One thing I was told by other "bandsters" early on is to treat your band like gold. It is the tool you will now use to lose weight forever. You don't want to hurt it or test it or stretch it...but...having said that, I would say take it easy, one or two cheats this early on are good chances for you to think about what it is you want and who you're "cheating" on. This is a long journey, but you will discover so much...don't freak out. Just go with it! Trust yourself

The point of the liquid diet is so the stomach is not pushed to churn, which it does to digest solids. By not churning, the sutures have a better chance of getting healed and in place much better.

I am sorry your Dr didn't seem to care much. I actually find that the dietician at my clinic is the best contact, as the surgeon is a wee standoffish. It's nothing personal, just her nature, and she does answer all questions I pose.

Great bedside manner huh? My Doc is shorter than me and wouldn't dare do that. Sorry to be macho but you don't have to take that S***. Stand up to him and tell him you deserve to be treated with respect. If you made a mistake he should just tell you and you'll understand.

tmf

Great bedside manner huh? My Doc is shorter than me and wouldn't dare do that. Sorry to be macho but you don't have to take that S***. Stand up to him and tell him you deserve to be treated with respect. If you made a mistake he should just tell you and you'll understand.

tmf

...and i agree.