Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional Rollercoaster

Could it be the fact that you can no longer deal with the daily stresses of life without food? I am a food addict. I turned to it for support and comfort. Also' date=' during this time you are going through a lot of hormonal changes... You body is trying to readjust to everything! (healing from surgery, lower calories and not to mention the emotional side of eating). I have also discovered that my T.om. Effects my emotions also. Just know that it will get better. Being mindful that you are feeling out of control and telling Yourself "this too shall pass" will be helpful, at least for me.

Jen, I think you're right...

I had a fight with my husband this weekend--A periodically recurring fight that we can't quite resolve, where I never feel like I can get my point across. Thinking about it now (as I've been feeling pretty chaotic since then) I realize I probably would ordinarily be eating a lot to numb the feelings... Maybe that's why I feel so messed up.

Very interesting... Thank you! This is a lot to absorb...

wow, you all are scaring me about all the emotions I may have afterwards. I don't have a hubby to lash out at but my mom will be helping out and she is 73 and I certainly do not want to lash out at her. She has even agreed to do the pre-op shake diet with me so that I won't be tempted. I live on my own right now but my house is for sale and I will be moving in with her to help her out as she is getting older thus the comment of her not wanting to tempt me with food. You guys are lucky with the psych eval being that cheap, mine is $300 up front and then they will file insurance. The other psych doctor they recommended was $500 up front.

wow, you all are scaring me about all the emotions I may have afterwards. I don't have a hubby to lash out at but my mom will be helping out and she is 73 and I certainly do not want to lash out at her.

For what it's worth, I'm not lashing out at my husband—even though he's COMPLETELY in the wrong. Hehehehe.

I'm about 3 weeks out and I feel the same way. My most stressful part of all of this is the pressure to make sure to lose weight. I know I'm still in the healing stage but I feel stressed out when I have to get around some members of my family as well as my husbands because I feel like they are looking to see if I've lost any weight.I feel pressured to lose a certain amount or everyone will think I shouldn't have gotten the surgery. I know it's probably all in my head and they really don't feel that way but it still worries me. And your're right because it definitely is a roller coaster' date=' I don't feel negative everyday. Today I woke up in a great mood about it all![/quote']

You aren't alone ! I feel that from my mother and mother in law. More from the in law as she is obsessed with losing weight and every fad known to man. I feel the pressure however really want to make this work. Bandster hell for me 17 days out as just dieting now and same hunger as before.

wow, you all are scaring me about all the emotions I may have afterwards. I don't have a hubby to lash out at but my mom will be helping out and she is 73 and I certainly do not want to lash out at her. She has even agreed to do the pre-op shake diet with me so that I won't be tempted. I live on my own right now but my house is for sale and I will be moving in with her to help her out as she is getting older thus the comment of her not wanting to tempt me with food. You guys are lucky with the psych eval being that cheap, mine is $300 up front and then they will file insurance. The other psych doctor they recommended was $500 up front.

Don't be scared about it! Just consider it PMS for your band! I can't say that I didn't have any ups and downs but it wasn't really that bad.

I think it's important for your loved ones to be aware that this is very stressful, normally we eat our stress and we can do that so that stress and frustration has to come out. I think that if we make sure that they understand that and apologize when we do have a moment, they will be able to live with us

Don't be scared about it! Just consider it PMS for your band! I can't say that I didn't have any ups and downs but it wasn't really that bad.

I love this! It is PMS for the band!!! I absolutely agree. Don't be scared though' date=' it is manageable. Honestly I didn't put two and two together until approx after my surgery. Knowledge is power... Knowing what to expect or what could be expected is better then not knowing at all. When feeling down or angry, it is easier to remind yourself reasons why you could be... Hope this makes sense.

weight.png

*1 year. Oops!

weight.png