Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Angie I am 5yrs postop. I am currently struggling with infertility (female factor) and after many tests i am finally going to start my 1st IVF in June. I am looking for some info regarding what to expect from my band and port during pregnancy. Also am looking for a buddie that has experience with IVF. I feel so alone during this process. Finding this site has helped me cope with this all so much better. Thanks for the read and any info is appreciated.

How exciting my daughter was a "lapband baby" shes healthy, happy, smart, and growing. Although I cant speak about the IVF part I can tell you I was a high risk pregnancy because of my band in which I required special attention and montering of it. Your DRs will have to work close together to make sure you are getting good nutrition for yourself and your growing baby. A unfill is not uncommen but if you and your baby are growing fine then you dont have to be unfilled. Good Luck to you and enjoy your pregnancy.

Good luck!! I didnt have IVF but did struggle for 17 years. I am 22 almost 23 weeks and I can feel my port through my skin but it doesnt hurt or anything. I am not considered high risk at all. The Dr is happy I have the band because gaining too much weight is more dangerous to you and your baby. I have 10cc'c in a 14 cc band have have not had any taken out and dont plan too. You have to be conscience about what you eat for nutrition but you would have to be even not banded. Relax and dont put the horse before the cart because pregnancy is hard enough without the band. As long as you have a good OB you will be fine. Its not as hard as it seems carrying with the band. I am having a wonderful experience so far. Band complications are the furthest thing from my mind at this point. If you need an unfill... its as simple as that.

Again, best of luck!!

Thank you for the reasurance. since finding this site i can honestly say that i am more at ease with my band. I am so looking foward to my bodies changes.

I can be your buddy through this because I'm going to start IVF real soon too. I have struggled with infertility for awhile. My husband and I tried or 3 years prior to my band and nothing was wrong with either one of us except my weight. So I had lap band done in November 2010 and have lost more than my goal 113 lbs! We started trying again in January and have done 2 IUI procedures that obviously didn't work :-( So as of today we r moving forward to IVF and the dr office will call me Monday to let me know if I can do it this cycle or have to wait until next ( just found out today that IUI was negative). I pray an hope all goes well for both of us...its a hard thing to go through but I try to stay positive that it has to be the right timing and all will work out :-)

I started my lupron last night n i have to admit this isnt as bad as i thought it would be. my mind still hasnt caught up to my reality yet. Things are moving so fast. Good luck to us all. Ill be on my lupron untill the 31st.then on to follistim n menopure untill mid june. Trying to stay calm n taking it real easy. Been sleeping alot and lots of swelling since start of bc n bp pill at the beginin of the month but nothing I cant handle thus far.

Thank you for your feedback it has helped me stay calm thru all of this unknow stage of my baby making journey.

Angie

Update start my Follistom & Menopure tonight. I am so emotional now. I think it's because i am so close to my ER. Getting nervous now. Oh i met a nurse that works with me now that is pregnate after IVF #1 with twins. She said to make sure to inject equaly on both sides so my folies grow equal on both sides. I only have one ovary thats my left so am going to inject only on my left side.

I got my calendar with all the dates for the start of meds for IVF! So excited...we r in Colorado and will be seeing Dr. Schoolcraft who has been on tv because Julianna Ransik from E news came to see him and people from all over fly out here to go to his fertility clinic! I'm excited to go to such an amazing clinic and to live within 40 min of it :-) I will start all my meds the 10th and the retrieval date is tentatively July 2nd...so excited and so ready to get going!!!! Good Luck and stay positive...there's a plan for all of us and it will happen when it's supposed to :-)

Angie congrats on your IVF cycle. My husband and I did 3 cycles prior to my band, all we're a fail for us. After being banded for over 2 years I got pregnant. My daughter, Isabella, is 5 days old. She was born May 29 and prefect. I had a great pregnancy and my only complaint is that as I got to those last 6 weeks my port hurt tremendously. Soon as I gave birth the pain was gone!! I was a freak about my weight gain (35 pounds) but I've already lost 20 and planning a fill for 6 weeks. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy the experience!!

Can't wait to hear your betas!!

Hi everyone, i just wanted to update you all. I am so excited that I've been no good all day at work. i went in to my first monitoring appointment since starting stims and i have 12 folies. I was so excited. my one ovary is working hard. Thanks for lissening (reading)

Cjlm10- Great! I am so excited for you. You get used to the injections.They aren't that bad. I have learned that patience is the key to all these treatments. So am taking it easy. If i feel stressed i get on my treadmill n walk n read a book.

Mnjhowell- congratulations! I cant wait to hold my baby. Hoping for girl. I am trying not to look at the scale right now. I am just eating right n walking everyday. I am consious of the weight gain from stims and feel like the incredible hulk at times but am concentrating my on my goal n put the weight monster out of my mind. Keep me posted on how you've concoured your weight moster and enjoy your little angel.

i have been ttc for about 4 years now.. i have pcos and just had a dnc in march.. if we dont conceive soon i will start looking into ivf. however i am looking into getting the lapband as a last attempt to loose weight before getting pregnant.. is this something anyone would recommend?

Hi christinanewheart, personally i say get your band first. I have seen many couples getting prego after being banded. Talk to your doctor n see what's best for you. Goodluck!

June 12...... I had my ET today. I feel so crappy n blowted. I went in knowing of 17 follis and when i woke up i was told I had 21 eggs retrieved for my one ovary. I am praying that i get some really good embies to choose from. My dh said to me during the ride home that we going to have 21 babies sitting around and we not going to use them all. He was so sad. Made my heart ache. This is the first time this man showed any emotion since we started our IVF. Nice to know am not alone with emotions but sad that he feels that way. Hope as ET comes around he feels better. Praying we get a BFP in two weeks.

June 12...... I had my ET today. I feel so crappy n blowted. I went in knowing of 17 follis and when i woke up i was told I had 21 eggs retrieved for my one ovary. I am praying that i get some really good embies to choose from. My dh said to me during the ride home that we going to have 21 babies sitting around and we not going to use them all. He was so sad. Made my heart ache. This is the first time this man showed any emotion since we started our IVF. Nice to know am not alone with emotions but sad that he feels that way. Hope as ET comes around he feels better. Praying we get a BFP in two weeks.

Best of luck to you and your husband!! Sending well wishes your way.

Hi ladies, its 4:41 am the day of my transfer. I am so excited i cant sleep.< /p>

***I have been hearing alot of chatter from people I know that have done IVF and I must say I havent come accross one person yet thats possitive about this entire process. I dont understand that. My only complaint has been the bloating and swelling after ER. I just cant understand how people who have been there before act so negative towards other peoples. anyway i just read an email from an aquaintance that her husband is my husbands best friend. She did Ivf twice and now has a beautiful daughter write to me, i was told by your husband you have 21 eggs. Well dont be surprised cause you might only have 3 good embryos left. Why would you say something like that? Why not just say hi I was told the good news good luck to you and call if you ever want to talk. That realy ticked me off. We arent even friends for her to feel the need to be so outspoken no negative about my personal buisness. People sometimes really tick me off! I just had to respond please no negative thoughts my way,and FYI my embryos are doing great. I have 17 3day 8 cells embryos that per my doctor are doing excelent. Thank you for your curiosity and any concerns you may. take care. That will yeach her to watch what it next time.** but all and all I am doing ok.I am still pretty bloated and my legs are still pretty swollen. I was told by RE I was a bit over stimulated. But as long as i continue to have a normal temp,pain free, and continue to get my liquids in i should be fine. So in five hojrs i will be baking my embies in their new homes. Best of luck to us all and thank you for reading.

Take care Ang.