Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kariew28, what kind of pain are you in ? do you mean the shoulder pains or something worse ? depending on what and how bad your pains are you might want to speak to your Dr. if the pain is worse than your hysterectomy pain you might be having some sort of issue that needs to be addressed. just sayin'. let us know, were here to help ! hope you feel better soon !

i am one week today the pain gets better each day I have to 2 it hit me all on day 4 at that point i was sure i made a mistake . I did not have alot of gas pain but more stumic pain and bad bad heart burn it felt like a shap pain every time i swallowed right in my chest area getting liquid zantac was a life saver

I was banded on April 13th and I felt horrible for the first week. Second was a bit better. Just make sure to take your pain meds on schedule. They really do help :)

my pain has been minimal outside of the gas pain. i havent taken pain meds since saturday night (i was banded thursday afternoon) i do have some soreness around the incisions but mostly cuz of the pulling of the staples i think. They come out today..so we shall see. A friend said after they are out i may actually be in pain still, jsut a different kind of pain..so who knows lol.

whatever you do, dont second guess your decision, the pain and icky feelings after the surgery are not life long...what is life long is the improved health you will have from making this decision. feel better!

I was banded on April 26 also. I have done alright with the gas pain. It really hasn't been that bad and the few times that it did bother me, I just took several gas-x strips and that really did help. I so seem to have a lot of port area pain. Yesterday I took my pain meds in the morning when I got up and had planned on not taking any more unless absolute necessary. Then I went to Walmart shopping with my husband and decided to push the shopping cart....(BAD IDEA) I had to take pain meds after that trip. I fell like I am taking to much pain meds. I am on liquid lortab 7.5/500, and I am on my 3rd bottle of the stuff.

I was banded on April 26 also. I have done alright with the gas pain. It really hasn't been that bad and the few times that it did bother me, I just took several gas-x strips and that really did help. I so seem to have a lot of port area pain. Yesterday I took my pain meds in the morning when I got up and had planned on not taking any more unless absolute necessary. Then I went to Walmart shopping with my husband and decided to push the shopping cart....(BAD IDEA) I had to take pain meds after that trip. I fell like I am taking to much pain meds. I am on liquid lortab 7.5/500, and I am on my 3rd bottle of the stuff.

im on same meds but havent taken since saturday night. I have been keeping activity to a minimum tho...i wouldnt say im not in any pain..definitely feel by the port and pulling around the incisions...but the meds made me high in like 5 mins , and i would be asleep in like 20 mins...hate spending my day sleeping lol..Now, if the pain meds would help with the pain from the gas..id be drinking it like Water...but it wasnt so i have been doing without. I get staples out today, friend told me i may feel more pain after, and will prob want the meds again a time or two..so we will see. I too was banded on 4/26

My pain seems to be around my port. They warned me that my dr does extra stitches and does her a little tighter and that I would be extra tender there. Other than that I feel pretty good. Never enjoyed pureed items so much in my life. I have my follow up appt tomorrow.

Thanks

I was also banded on 4/26 and it has been such a long healing process. Day 3 and 4 were the worst. I have alot of port pain and it feels swollen in that area. I can feel the port move and shift (it feels as if I have a 7 month baby inside of me when it shifts). It's getting a little bit better day by day, but definitely not back to normal and definitely taking longer than expected. Gas hasn't been such a horrible issue, only port incision pain and shifting. I'm off my pain medicine and back to work today.. I have a desk job, so it isn't so bad. I honestly didn't think recovery would be this hard.

After mine, I called my port area my little alien. It was extremely swollen and tender. the best thing to do is to increase your activity as tolerable. Not only does it alleviate the gas pains, but it gets those muscles working again. Take a stroll around the neighborhood, light housecleaning..anything to get moving. Before you know it, the swelling is gone along with the pain. I am a belly sleeper so my first goal was to be able to sleep back on my stomach. With some creative pillow adjustment that I remembered from my Csections, I was able to do this a few days post op. That helped me more than anything.

And yes, my little alien is no longer poking out of my belly ;) Although it was a great reminder to not stray from the rules!

Gosh...I guess I am doing quite well. I was banded on the 26th and my abdominal pain has been the worse...especially when sleeping and sitting. I went to work yesterday and was tired but not really too sore. I am taking pain meds to help me sleep...but I don't think I'll need it much longer. Gas was really too much of a problem...on a side note my 3 year old son thought it was really funny when mommy passed gas!. The hardest part for me right now is deciphering if I am hungry or if my stomach is just gurggling because it wants to. :) I am so looking forward to getting to enjoy some more flavorful Soup next week--broth is not that great. Good luck to everyone.