Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Eat some Protein Penni. Fill up on that and you won't be fighting real hunger along with the head hunger. Glad to hear you're starting the day right. *hugs*

OK so far so good. I am still on track and sticking. When I feel the need to munch on somethng I grab an apple or some almonds. Then I grab a bottle of Water as well.

Today is a yucky day all the way around. I don't feel good for one thing. I have a borderline Migraine and I am still trying to function. The weather is awful here in Sunny SO Calif. HAHAHAHA!! It hailed earlier. Then the sun came out now it is 38 degrees outside. All I wanna do is curl up with a good book and read till I fall asleep. But of course then I want a Starbuck's coffee to go with. I am one of the weird ones that Caffeine at a time when I have a migraine makes it better. LOLOL!!!

Anyway, I am resisting temptation right now and that is an accomplishment for me.

Hi, my name is Carol. I am 55, divorced, 3 grown children and 4 precious grandchildren. 2 girls and 2 boys. Meme is the greatest sounding word in the English language!! :confused:

I had my first Dr. appt. this week on my way to being a lap-bander. Next week I go in for my blood work and upper GI. I'm having trouble with the pre-band losing. I just want to eat everything I can get my hands on. This forum helps me when I really want to eat. I just can't always get to it when I need to. I work 2 jobs, one full time, one part time. Eating is difficult with the 2 jobs. I want to do this, this time!!

H 304 C 297

Penni, Im so proud of you! Sorry to hear youre having a crappy day, but you're really doing well in spite of that! So yay for you!! 38 degrees in Cali.. wow, that's amazing. Say, do you like hot teas? Sipping on some of those flavored teas while reading might be a good replacement for those other things that I won't mention again. By the way.. I don't think I'll ever see a snickers without thinking of you! LOL

Welcome to the club Carol. I'll get your stats added to the list of members page. I think all of us went through a hard time wanting to eat pre-surgery. It a feeling of hurry up and eat all you can before they take it away, isnt it? I cried over the thought of losing my comfort foods, but I've since found out that I don't really miss them all that much. I actually feel free! Think of your lapband journey as beginning now.. the more you lose pre-surgery, the farther along you'll be when you wake up right?! :confused:

Can you pack healthy snack and lunch things to take to your jobs so you aren't tempted to eat out of machines and fast food places? Being prepared for those times when you just don't want to go cook can save ya from giving in to the junk that makes us fat. You'll do fine, just get your eyes on your goals and the reasons why you want to do this.. I think you mentioned at least 4 of them. :eek: :D

Well today has been...

dull (apart from one ray of sunshine :confused: )

food consumption good. Fended off the crunchy munchies with a cup of dry fibre one.

As for my daily goals.... I'm still alive so far!

Today's goals:

No walking.. feeling so darn lethargic today. I blame Dawg.

Did my food journal entries.

Drank 1/2 my Water from bottles, the other half in the form of brewed iced tea w/lemon.

Cleaned the kitchen and went shopping for a new pillow for Dawg.

I did not eat at the table, I ate in front of the computer every time. This is my biggest challenge. I'll keep trying.

I have a snack tip. This sounds odd, but for me it really works. Don't knock it until you try it!

You know the bagged iceburg lettuce salads by Dole? Well, put a handful of that in a bowl with NO DRESSING and just nibble on pieces like chips. They are sweet and crunchy and wow, I really enjoyed this. I almost ate all of the lettuce before I finished making my salad today.

Susan the rest of my day was pretty good. I am so proud of myself. I do have a cupboard full of great organic teas. I just keep forgetting they are there. I get so hung up on wanting the Starbucks. LOL!!! OK they are getting pulled off the shelf.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans. (OK stayed somewhat on track. Went for Sushi and had about 500 Calories total. I Think I went over my calorie limit by 300. Not too bad. SIGH!!)

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Nope none today)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. ( Will see come Friday how this is going )

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (I got mine in today.)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I cannot continue to eat unhealthy and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to not exercise and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to buy pills, buy exercise equip, etc then not use them and expect to lose weight.

I cannot continue to feel sorry for myself because I do not have the band anymore.

Hello Susan and rest of the group

I did change my name from latinRosa49 to twinklelil_star because of the journey I am about to take.

I am very excted to be here I keep on reading all your notes and I feel I will get the help and strength I will need.

I did call the Dr's office on friday they said to call next friday nothing yet:cry .(bc/bs)

I did lose 3 pounds on my visit:clap2: .2-27-06

I am lost with words to be reading all your notes how wonderful this group has done I could feel the spirit of people helping each other and I am honored to be part of your group.

thank you.:)

Welcome to the Club Twinkle! Be sure to take full advantage of the group. We have some great members :)

Oh, and Penni officially joined tonight as well. Welcome Penni!

I am struggling these past 2-3 days. It is that TOM and I can barely get food down, which for me is a bad thing. I cant do empty carbs and lose weight, and I am living on oatmeal, mashed potatoes, and Protein Drinks for Breakfast and lunch. I eat supper very easily and make up for it all. I could only eat about 4 bites of oatmeal this morning before I got a very hard stop signal. No lunch at all. However......We went to a BBQ tonite and I had 2 (small) slices of brisket, guacamole, Beans, green bean casserole. About an hour later I went for seconds. Then I had a piece of tres leches cake. I am up 2 lbs right now, which I know is Fluid because my rings are tight and my ankles and chest are blown up. I feel like I might skip Wednesdays weigh in if I dont show a loss, lol! My period is really messing with me this month.

Oh by the way, Beef is the highest caloric and fat content of all the meats. I limit my beef drastically.

*nodnod* And it's very hard for a born-and-raised Iowa Corn Fed Beef girl :)

I've had beef 3 times since I got filled in on 1/17. Not only because of the calories, but because it doesn't go down so well now.

I miss my beef :)

And to all you folks with the cold weather and snow....

It was 65 in Madison yesterday - we not only took your warmth, but it melted all our snow (FINALLY!) so - sorry, but we needed it! :)

I am struggling these past 2-3 days. It is that TOM and I can barely get food down, which for me is a bad thing. I cant do empty carbs and lose weight, and I am living on oatmeal, mashed potatoes, and Protein drinks for breakfast and lunch. I eat supper very easily and make up for it all.

I've seen a lot of posts regarding this issue. Bands seem to be tighter in the mornings. One of the recommendations I saw was to drink some warm tea or coffee before trying to eat in the mornings. The warmth will loosen up the band a bit. Another very logical suggestion was to stop eating by 7pm. The reasoning was this: If we eat late at night and don't give our food time to digest and move out of the stomach, the food will lie there through the night and some will still be in the pouch the next morning. Once we get up and start moving around, things get to working again and the food will be moved along. By evening, we have been active all day and things are moving much quicker. Made sense to me. I rarely eat anything past 7pm, and when I do its usually on the weekend when I'm up much later. Even then I will not go to bed for at least three hours after the last time I ate. I hope this helps. :)

What A Weekend! I Got A Fill Friday And Everything Was Good All Day. Didn't Feel Much Like I Got One. I Had Crab Legs That Night (yummy!!!!!!!). Then Came Saturday, Hello Fill. I Have Been Sick All Day Today. I Have Had A pudding And coffee. Tried To Eat A Lean Cuisine Meal, But Got Sick After The Second Bite. I Need To Get Some Of The Tasteless Protein Power To Put Into Soup. Have Any Of You Tried This Stuff, And Is It Really Tasteless? Does Is Make Your food Thicker? Anyway It Is My Fault I Feel Like This. Should Have Followed Directions To Only Have Clear Liquids The Day Of Fill And Puree The Next. It Is Hard When Your Stomach Is Growling For Food. Hopefully Tomorrow Will Be Better. I Think I Will Stick To Protein drinks Today. Hope Everyone Is Doing Well.