Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Okay, here's the deal...

After eating a butt-load of girl scout Cookies this week, I was SCARED TO DEATH to step on the scale. I actually got off before it read my weight 2 times because I was soooo sure I had gained 5 lbs. The third time I actually let the numbers come up. Are you ready for this??! I mean, are you REALLY ready for this?!?!?........................................I LOST 2 WHOLE LBS!! How does that happen?!?!

I think I'm going to write a new book called the Girl Scout Cookie Diet!! I am living proof that it really does work!! Here's the title of the book: Eat a box of Girl Scout Cookies a day & watch the fat melt away!

Do you think anyone would buy it?!?

My official weigh-in day has changed to Wednesday so I still have 2 more days of cookie eating & weight losing.

Oh, & can I just mention.......TODAY I weighed exactly the same as my husband. In 12 yrs. I have always weighed more then him. Whoot! Whoot!!

Okay, I'm done.... :eek: :eek: :rant:

Congrats Diane! I am just going to wait awhile before I hop on THAT bandwagon. It sounds too good to be true ~ and things that sound to good to be true...

"Girl Scout Cookies... Made with all natural 100% Girl Scouts... buy them from your local serial killer now!"

Not quite the motivation I was looking for Diane :eek:

Can I join? I know I'm coming in late, I just haven't had a lot of time to spend on the boards lately. But the challenges sure help me stay on track!

MollyMolly - H 288 / S 264 / J 230 / C 230 / G 140 (-58 lbs)

Oh yes, I've been reading everyone's bios:

I'm 36, a software engineer, married to another geek (a skinny junk food fiend, natch!) and we have a daughter, age 2, who was adopted because with my weight issues and PCOS I haven't been able to maintain a pregnancy. We will be adopting a baby boy this year; we just wrapped up the initial paperwork for that and are now waiting for a referral.

When I met DH I was a size 16 but rapidly gained 100 lbs -- we ate out a LOT and he introduced me to online gaming, Everquest in particular, which became a hobby we did together. Now he still plays but I don't except very occasionally. I quilt, I read, I work, I play with DD...

My weights are from my own scale at home; add about 10 lbs for what they are at a doctor's office.

Wow, Diane! You would probably make a million, be a guest on Oprah, and have your own half hour infomercial!

Then you could afford to have all the cookie enduced fat liposuctioned from your body once a month! Sweet!

You are such a Goober, but I love ya! *laughs*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The Gone for Good Club does not endorse the Girl Scout cookie diet. (Unless it works. Then, of course, it was probably our idea!)

Absolutely Molly! Welcome to the club! Most of us have posted a short bit about ourselves so we can get to know each other better. If you have time, please post about you! :eek:

Jill...I love the analogy! Very good way of looking at it!

Girl Scout Cookies *shiver* I will have some in my house next week...I'm bracing myself now!!!!

I need to vent about something that happened this weekend! (and get some input...I don't really want to start a post about this)

My hubby is a police officer here in Reno and every year they have an annual Police dinner, well we have never gone because of the shift he has worked and this year was the first time we have ever been able to go. Duke asked the guys on his team what the attire was and they told him it was nice casual. We were both rather happy with this as he isn't a big "dress up kind of guy" and I am still in that "my tummy is swollen from surgery, I feel and look fat anyway so I don't want to wear a nice dress kind of mood". I have had the week from HELL (that is another story in itself) and when I went to my post-surgery visit earlier on Saturday (the dinner was saturday night)I was given my first fill so I was ordered back on liquids. So at this point i'm not really happy about going because I'm an emotional wreck in general, I'm stressed out of my mind and now I'm on a liquid only diet again.

When we get there we walk in to find EVERYONE, including Dukes entire team in suits or their dress uniforms and the women are all in formal dresses or suits. I damn near had a full on system shutdown "Danger Will Robinson Danger" nuclear meltdown before we even get to the coat check. Duke asked me if I wanted to go, I started to cry and shake and we walked out and left. We went to a new restaurant we have wanted to try, we split a lovely lobster pan-roast, went to Barnes and Noble and wandered around and came home and had popsicles

I reallize it was pretty crappy of the guys to tell him it was casual when it wasn't but I don't normally lose it like that....is that normal post banding to get "woman over the edge" emotional?? OMG that was SO not me!!!

Skye

I reallize it was pretty crappy of the guys to tell him it was casual when it wasn't but I don't normally lose it like that....is that normal post banding to get "woman over the edge" emotional?? OMG that was SO not me!!!

Skye

Did the guys do that on purpose? How rude! I'd be mad as fire! And yes, it's normal to be emotional. Your eating has changed tremendously, your calorie intake is cut waaaay down, you can't stress-eat like before, surgery wasn't that long ago, right? so, yeah, you are allowed a melt-down or two! I was weepy, er, weepier than usual. It was kind of like PMS? It gets better, though!

he introduced me to online gaming, Everquest in particular,

Husbands are evil that way. Mine got me addicted too :/

I still have EQ and Warcraft. Don't play either very often, but I keep them both active :eek:

:faint: GIRL SCOUT Cookies? C'MON GUYS... JUST SAY NO!!!:angry

You couldn't pay me to put one in my mouth.... You all better get rid of them. No sympathy here for the eaters of Girl Scout cookies!:eek: :speechles :eek:

Shame on you girls!!!

They are evil, I keep telling you guys that. :biggrin1:

I hope everybody had a good weekend. I still have not weighed, I will Wed. morning. I went shopping this weekend and got some new clothes. It was about time. Kohl's is really having a good sale. It feels good to get up on a Monday morning and have new clothes to wear, that don't make your butt look like you are carrying a load.

I was pretty much good all weekend. We went four wheeling yesterday. I have to say that keeps my mind off of food. We use to ride every weekend and party out there, and bring beer. It is impossible to even drink beer now. I guess that is a good thing. One sip and I feel like I am going to throw up.

Diane, more power to you if you can still eat Cookies and lose. I wouldn't be able to.

Hi,

This is exactly the thread I have been waiting for!! I would love to join the Gone for Good Club.

I have struggled with my weight my whole life. In desperation I began researching weight loss surgery and I discovered the Lap Band.

I was banded on January 12, 2006. I LOVE my band. I had my first fill last week. I still don't have much restriction, but I have found that I am rarely hungry and many of my food cravings have subsided. I have lost a little over a pound per week since banding.

Here are my stats:

Highest Weight: 224

Weight at Surgery: 224

Current Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 120

Girl Scout Cookies are the devil:rip: I will turn into cookie monster and hurt myself on a box of samoas. I cant even go to Walmart w/o the little scouts trying to break me down:decision:

In a time of greed, I convinced myself that I had the willpower to purchase some and only eat 1 or 2 per sitting. Reality has set in and I can't wait to received my Cookies b/c they are being shipped to mom ASAP. I will not sabotage my progress over a box of cookies:huytsao