Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Gone for Good Club

Sorry! Here we go!

266/231/150's?/-35 taters

Gone For Good Club!! What a great idea!!

Hi all, My name is Terri (42) I live in Pinedale AZ. Very small mountian town. I am VERY HAPPILY DIVORCED:clap2: for 14 years now!! What a mess that was. 10 years of Hell!

I have no children of my own:cry but am a Preschool teacher so I actually have 27 children everyday! (3 and 4 year olds) I have been working with preschool children for almost 25 years now:eek: I LOVE my job!!

I have a spinal disease called Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis (H.S.P. for short):crutch: I walk with crutches or a walker. Having my band and losing this weight has helped me soooo much and I can actually now take about 10 steps without my crutches.:clap2: I can't get rid of this disease but I can and will get rid of this weight thanks to my band and my band family LBT!

I have had 8 fills now as of 2/28 and I'm at 6.8cc. I was at 7 but was too full and she had to take out .2cc on 3/2 OMG talk about pain.:cry Being too tight was TERRIBLE! I am now very happy with everything!!

I am now down 85lbs:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

H-305 OMG I hate to write this down.

S-294

J-220

G-150ish

Well that's me in a nut shell! Thanks for having this challange!

Gone For Good Club!! What a great idea!!

Hi all, My name is Terri (42) I live in Pinedale AZ. Very small mountian town. I am VERY HAPPILY DIVORCED:clap2: for 14 years now!! What a mess that was. 10 years of Hell!

I have no children of my own:cry but am a Preschool teacher so I actually have 27 children everyday! (3 and 4 year olds) I have been working with preschool children for almost 25 years now:eek: I LOVE my job!!

I have a spinal disease called Hereditary Spastic Paraparesis (H.S.P. for short):crutch: I walk with crutches or a walker. Having my band and losing this weight has helped me soooo much and I can actually now take about 10 steps without my crutches.:clap2: I can't get rid of this disease but I can and will get rid of this weight thanks to my band and my band family LBT!

I have had 8 fills now as of 2/28 and I'm at 6.8cc. I was at 7 but was too full and she had to take out .2cc on 3/2 OMG talk about pain.:cry Being too tight was TERRIBLE! I am now very happy with everything!!

I am now down 85lbs:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

H-305 OMG I hate to write this down.

S-294

J-220

G-150ish

Well that's me in a nut shell! Thanks for having this challange!

Congratulations on your weight loss as well as your victory with taking 10 steps!! That is so awesome. I love your spirit. *hugs*

Originally Posted by PhotoNut

So.. now that we have our group started. How about we share one - just one - tip that helps us overcome those moments when we are tempted to put something in our mouths that will sabotage all of our hard work. I bet we come up with a great list of things to try.

LBT is what I do, but I feel like my butt is getting wider as I sit here every night. I think exercise sounds like a good idea. I'd love to say that I really would put the shoes on and go for a walk - but so far my best intentions have failed. Maybe I'll start trying to do 20 situps each time I feel like eating. All I would have to do is make myself get on the floor.... that shouldn't be too hard, but we'll see.

:welcomeB: to all the new people joining the club! And thanks to all the people who responded to my PMs and posted your stats! It's been so wonderful reading everyone's stories and hearing the determination behind the words!

Heather - You are so welcome. You're a sweetheart and I'm more than happy to help you.

Mrycrltn - I sent you a PM about the Avatar picture stuff. :)

Tricia - Great idea about walking and water!

The best me - Fungus Fighting Thought Gardener Awesome!! *big smiles*

Maybe I'll start trying to do 20 situps each time I feel like eating. All I would have to do is make myself get on the floor.... that shouldn't be too hard, but we'll see.

Hey Kimmers.. I've thought about doing this too. Kind of a negative reinforcement thing. Crave chocolate - 20 situps! Crave bread - 20 situps! Maybe eventually craving foods that will only make me sick will become something that my subconcious automatically shuts off to avoid the negative consequences... one can hope, right?!

And by the way, getting down on the floor is easy.. it's the getting up again that could win me $10,000 on America's Funniest Videos! LOL

Highest weight ever 245

Surgery date 243

Current weight 200

GOAL WEIGHT PER DOCTOR IS 165:scared:

Hello!! I am 33 years old and I was banded in Frisco, Texas by Dr. Hamn on 9/8/05. I have not been obese all my life. I started gaining weight in 1994. I have 1 daughter and a significant other, both are very supportive. My man and my daughter both keep me informed on what I am and am not supposed to be eating. I love challenges and I am ready to roll!!!!!!!!!

Good luck ladies and gents!!!!!!!!!

Remember who is the enemy:hungry:

Here's how I handled a bad 'temptation' moment yesterday.

A guy from work was leaving and the company threw a lunch for him. Subway. chips, Cookies, free soda - the whole nine yards.

I did okay through lunch time by eating immediately before all this glorious food (yeah, glorious, right) arrived. The crunch came in the afternoon when I was starting to get hungry and there was still a good three feet of sub left. I didn't give in and pig out. I did an about face, marched to my desk and seized my emergancy oatmeal. By eating the safe food at my moment of weakness I got passed the subway monster and didn't fall off the wagon.

So... in short - what works best for me, is keeping a good supply of 'safe' foods at my desk, and when the cravings come I eat the safe foods.

:)

Hello Hello!

My name is Skye and I am from Reno, NV.

I have been married for just shy of 16 years to my wonderful husband Duke whom I met my very first semester of college, we started going to lunch one day and have been attached at the hip even since. We have 2 great kids Devin 15 & Hunter 12, plus....a yellow lab named Memphis, our old lady muttle Sassy Girl, a 4 month old chocolate lab named Blu and then there is Miss Meow Meow our cat that addopted us a few years back. Easy to say I have a HOUSE FULL!

I have never been "thin" by any means but was at 142 on my wedding day (i'm 5') but after 15 years 2 kids (with highly medicated pregnancies), a partial hysterectomy, PCOS with insulin resistance, back surgury and some heart problems the weight has crept up and crept up until it was at 210. With all my health issues (particularly the insulin resistance) it is darn near impossible for me to get rid of ANY of my excess weight without near marathon effort.

My husband was VERY anti-band at first and didn't understand why I would do this but after some research and a visit with my surgeon he has been an amazing supporter of my efforts. Between Duke and my boys I am feeling more sucessfull with my newly placed band (02/10/06) than I have about anything I have ever done in the past!

Skye

H-210

S-206

J-191

G-130

(-19) I can't beleive this number is real but the doc confirmed it today at my visit!!!!

:)

Hola guys -

Just checking in tonight to see how everyone's doing! P'nut - I love the funniest home video thing! Yes, getting up from the floor is funniest home video worthy! So how many situps have I done today? None! AND I just ate taco bueno. What the heck? I ate a fraction of what I would have eaten pre-band, but geez, here, here to healthy food choices ;-).

I took myself for a treat today and had my hair done. I am now suited with a new Lisa Rinna do with blonde highlights (wish I had the face, :kiss2: and bod to go with the hair, but hey - it's a start).

I have decided to dust off my rollerblades and take them to work with me. I work in an industrial park area and there's great parking lots everywhere for this. Weather is gorgeous in Texas right now, so thought this would be fun excercise without really feeling like I'm exercising. So far I haven't worked up the nerve to go to the gym and I figure maybe this will get me off on the right foot.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

Kim

Welcome to the club Yagergerl and Skye! You both sound ready to get the party started! That's awesome!

Kim - Gimme 20!! And then show us a pic of your new hair! w00t!

How's everyone doing this weekend? Staying strong? Keeping your eyes on your goals? Remember that wonderful saying:

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

I thought of a craving killer! Ice, I keep party ice in the freezer for times when I am not hungry, but my mouth feels empty and mischievous. It's crunchy, keeps my tongue busy and the cold kind of numbs the tastebuds. Plus it helps with getting my Water in. Then again, with my recent plateau (cake) you shouldn't take anything I say too seriously this week.

LOL Morsaille. I understand - Been on a BIG OLE plateau lately. Ice sounds like a fantastic idea! As long as I'm chewing on something, that should be good enough... after all, I'm not really hungry! I'll give it a go. Thx!

*gasps* I think I've hit my first "plateau! I weighed today and I only lost 1 pound.. ONE! Compared to the rest of my weigh-ins this sucks! My food intake hasnt changed, I had more overall activity through the week, but nothing like major workouts that would build muscle. I can only say thank God weigh-in is now on Wednesdays so I have a few more days to remedy this! LOL

So this is weird.. do any of you go through this? Each week, as it gets closer to weigh-in day, Dawg and I talk about how we feel we are doing. Every week we have said we felt fatter and like we'd gained weight, and then we stepped on the scales to find a nice big loss. This week.. we both said we could really tell we've lost, we feel lighter, expected a large drop only to find we'd hardly moved from last week! What an odd thing!

Your body has to catch up to your loss, P'nut. It makes perfect sense, when you think about it:

"Feel fatter, like gained weight, or at least not lost" = scale moves.

"*feel* like lost a lot." = scale doesn't move.

Sometimes, the body doesn't catch up to the scale quickly. I know for me, once I'd lost 17.5 pounds after my fill in January, I wasn't really feeling different, but the minute I started to *feel* different, the scale stopped - and it was my body catching up.

Reading that over, it doesn't sound like it makes sense. But it does!

Okay, here. Fill your car up with gas. Doesn't it always seem like the first half of the tank (from 1/2 tank to full) lasts longer than the last half of the tank? You feel like you could drive 400 miles on the first half, and only 200 on the second half. In reality, you're getting the same mph (provided you're driving the same roads) out of the first half as you are the second half, but the gauge reads differently. The scale is your gauge, and your weight is the gas, and the mph is your weightloss. Same mph, same amount of gas in both halfs - it just takes the gauge awhile to register when it's more full.

Yea, that's a horrible metaphor for it, but it's all I got :)

*gasps* I think I've hit my first "plateau! I weighed today and I only lost 1 pound.. ONE! Compared to the rest of my weigh-ins this sucks! My food intake hasnt changed, I had more overall activity through the week, but nothing like major workouts that would build muscle. I can only say thank God weigh-in is now on Wednesdays so I have a few more days to remedy this! LOL

So this is weird.. do any of you go through this? Each week, as it gets closer to weigh-in day, Dawg and I talk about how we feel we are doing. Every week we have said we felt fatter and like we'd gained weight, and then we stepped on the scales to find a nice big loss. This week.. we both said we could really tell we've lost, we feel lighter, expected a large drop only to find we'd hardly moved from last week! What an odd thing!

You think you've hit a plateau, at least you lost one pound...I weighed myself yestersday and I stayed the same!! grrrr..... :) I can say at least we didn't gain?! Who am I kidding that doesn't make me feel any better!

thank God weigh-in is now on Wednesdays so I have a few more days to remedy this! AMEN!!