Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded In Ontario Canada

I am going to be banded by Dr Coburn next week!! I am so happy to hear that there are so many others who have had a good experience with him! I too have felt like I was left hanging at times, but things seem to be moving right along now.

I have to go in on Monday to get my "surgery soap" Can anyone tell me what that is?? Also, they have not yet told me what I will have to buy in terms of food (liquids) for post- surg. I didnt have to do any pre-op diet, so I dont know what I am expected to do after being banded.....

Iriegirl.....how are you finding your appitite post surgery? How long did it take you to be up and around? My surgery time is schedualed for 12pm, they told me I have to be there for 11am, but what time do you think I will be ready to leave?

I am getting nervous, but still excited.

I got there all nervous and with some tears....and than it passed so quickly :)

We got there at 9:30 and were on our way home around 2ish....I think....I was a bit groggy when we left.

So now I'm seven days out and I have to say that only last night Hunger showed its ugly head...I've lost five pounds since the 30th....

As far as liquids...I've just been having Soups, lots of Popsicles, and zero fat yogurts....also my new amazing Protein Shake that tastes like Ice Capps (skim milk, Protein Powder, tsp coffee, lots of ice-mix in bullet- you have a zero fat, cool, creammy ice Capp!).

I was getting around kind of easily maybe day four..it seems to get worse day two and three and than get better....

All in all pretty easy :)

It's the waiting that's really killer :)

Sounds like you have a low bmi like me...howich do u need to lose?

I got there all nervous and with some tears....and than it passed so quickly :)

We got there at 9:30 and were on our way home around 2ish....I think....I was a bit groggy when we left.

So now I'm seven days out and I have to say that only last night Hunger showed its ugly head...I've lost five pounds since the 30th....

As far as liquids...I've just been having Soups, lots of Popsicles, and zero fat yogurts....also my new amazing Protein shake that tastes like Ice Capps (skim milk, Protein powder, tsp coffee, lots of ice-mix in bullet- you have a zero fat, cool, creammy ice Capp!).

I was getting around kind of easily maybe day four..it seems to get worse day two and three and than get better....

All in all pretty easy :)

It's the waiting that's really killer :)

Sounds like you have a low bmi like me...howich do u need to lose?

Thanks for the tips.....Yes I have a lower BMI too, mine is 31 right now and I would like to lose 45-50lb's.......seems like a far way to go as I have heard that lower BMI patients take longer to lose the weight. What Protein powder did you buy?

My bmi was 30.2....now 29 :)

I'm also scared the weight loss will be slow because of that...so now six days post op I'm down 6.2....and that makes me immensely happy and ready to take on anything.

Keep me posted how it goes for you :)

I was banded April 4th at SWLC by Dr. Cobourn. Process was very surreal. Got there just after noon and on the road heading home at 5:30pm. In an out, no problems. Staff was amazing. Follow up calls from both the nursing staff and Dr. Cobourn personally. Today is day 5 post and feeling good! Almost no pain, no appetite and energy levels returning. Started preop at 264.2lbs. Weighed in at 245 day of surgery. Gained 2.5 lbs day of surgery ( my guess is from all the IV fluids in me). Now down another 5 lbs since surgery. Still on liquids, small sips, feeling full before even finishing a small bowl of soup! Amazing!

I was banded in Sudbury, ON at Thinlife. My surgeon was Dr. Singh. He was wonderful! The facility is really nice and the staff are great. Very professional and very supportive I went down to Toronto to see some of the facilities there but really did not want to travel that far from home. I was very happy when this program was offered in Sudbury. I would recommend it to anyone! I'm at 11 months and 62 pounds. Slow and steady but that's ok! I find it gives my mind and body time to catch up as I go. The mental part is probably still the toughest! Man, can your mind play tricks on you!! It was a great decision! One that i do not regret!

Hi, Just got on this site and have been reading through the posts and found the Canadian ones interesting since my sister (in Montreal) had mentioned some years back that she wasn't eligible under medicare for the procedure even though she has numerous health issues. I found that quite strange but, after reading some of these posts I am getting the impression that a lot of Canadians are paying for the surgery at private clinics. I am interested in approximately how much it cost - both the initial surgery and the follow up visits for fills. Thanks to all who may help me on this.

SWLC is $17,000 all in.

I am being banded Friday in Vancouver through them.

SWLC in Toronto is 16000.00 all in! Was banded 1wk ago with them, they are fantastic!

Slimband is also $16,000, with unlimited fills (and unfills) and follow up visits. You can also claim this on your income tax; it helps out some.

Bandster, I have had my consultation in Sudbury and just have to pick a date. They all seem very nice and nobody was pushy to get me to commit. Not keen on the Optifast, might have to ask for a sample prior to purchasing 2 weeks worth........yikes.

Bandster, I have had my consultation in Sudbury and just have to pick a date. They all seem very nice and nobody was pushy to get me to commit. Not keen on the Optifast, might have to ask for a sample prior to purchasing 2 weeks worth........yikes.

I liked that too- it wasn't a high pressure sales pitch!! I would definitely ask for a sample of the optifast -although there really isn't another option - i think it is pretty much mandatory to have -but they give you ideas of how to "spice" it up- it comes in vanilla and chocolate- i know i added some fruit to the vanilla and it was ok. I liked the chocolate. Just gets monotonous after 2 weeks....good luck to you!!!

Thanks.........guess you have to keep really busy or sleep through the 2 weeks. I am going to send in my form and deposit tomorrow for Sept date. Work, travel and their reduced summer schedule doesn't give me alot of options.

How are you doing? Reads like everything is working just fine........congrats.

Good for you! That's great! It will be here before you know it! I'm doing ok - hovering around 65 pounds- need to get moving more - but with the nice weather I'm inspired to get outside and walk! Good days and bad days. Looking forward to the summer more than I have in a lot of years- that's for sure!! Enjoy the weekend!!

I'll be getting banded in Orange County on the 31st of this month!