Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Off Centered ~ Off Topic

Sign in to follow this  

Our group is growing and sharing everything about their lap-band experience which is awesome but there is so much more about us. Right now I'm super obsessed with my lap-band surgery and my weight but that's only a small part of who I am. So I thought it would be fun to share our interests, hobbies, passions and just life stuff in general!

I love to paint, take photographs, complain about my 3 dogs, and work on my garden. Right now it's seems all i do is work. I also spend way too much time on Facebook if anyone wants to connect there, l let me know. I love spending time with my adult children. I'm pretty proud of the fact that are so much fun to be around! I opened a tiny little salon 3 yrs ago and have been very focused on building my business. My life is pretty full!

So there's a start! Now it's your turn!

I actually went to college for photography. It has become more of a sometimes hobby for me now. I have taken senior photo's for my nephew, my friends foster children and plan to take my daughters this summer.

I'm looking forward to having a garden this year and hopefully doing some canning for the first time.

I work in an elementary school as a special ed aide and am looking for a summer job now. The only bad thing about my job is no summer income!

Although I did not go to church growing up I am now pretty involved in my congregation. The fact that my church is only 3 blocks from my home makes it easier to be involved.

I also spend to much time on Facebook. My daughter calls me a Facebook stalker because I read and rarely post. I have also recently started on Pinterest, my most recent time waster!

I retired from the University of CA last July after 36 yrs! I'm "only" 57 and very fortunate to be able to retire so early. I also spend too much time on Facebook and now lapbandtalk.com

Just retired so I havent quite found my niche yet.

2 adult children, 2 parents that are facing assisted living...

Im obessesed with my pending lapband surgery. Clearly dont want to do it, but intellectually known that I must.

Love exercising. Love, love, love it...

Love reading about health and wellness and practicing it, yet I'm overweight.

Love Southern California.

Thank you to all that are here.

Oh, Have I mentioned how great it is to be retired?

Yay I have internet back.

I am Deb and I a mother of 4, My sons are 26 and 24 and my daughters are 23 and 18. They are all married except for my 18 yr old who is my baby. We have 3 silly cats who live in the house the youngest is my Loki who is a ragdoll who i am sure you will at some point see a pic of him cause i snap them all the time. Sweetest cat ever. Then i have my big baby outside a English Mastif who thinks he should live in the house and most of all sit in my lap. I am a big girl but cant handle a 200 lb dog in my lap lol. My pets are a big part of my life and super spoiled. I am also a Nana to 3 great babies. My granddaughter who will tell you she is nana's baby girl is 4 and then 2 1 yr old grandsons. I work full time which for me is 4 12 hour shifts as an ER nurse. Which can be both rewarding and stressfull ( we just did the big torando here yesterday :( I wouldnt change what i do for anything. I love being a Nurse.. I use to be skinny till i got pregnant and started adding lbs then each baby i added more and more. I hate to see myself now. I dont allow pics to be taken of me. I try to advoid anything but seeing my face in the mirror. I have found myself as of late thinking of a bucket list. Things i want to do but have been hinded by the weight. I want to start LIVING again for ME. Once i do that i know i will be a better person for everyone. I know this weight has to go. Last night with the tragedy here I was on my feet for 4 hours stright and let me tell you my back and my feet hurt so bad and my ankles was so swollen. I cant keep toturing my body by making it carry all this excess.

Now for Hobbies. My main hobby is also photography... I love taking nature pics.

Ok.. .I have to brag. It's 9:00 am here and it's 72 degrees here in Phoenix. I've been sleeping with the windows wide open. The orange blossoms are in full bloom and this IS my favorite time of year! Next week, I'm going to plant a veggie garden while I'm recovering.

So how is it in your world?

I have three dogs (2 rescue pugs and 1 Rottweiler), three children (14, 16 and 22). I am 36 years old and have been an Executive Assistant for about 15 years now. I am only 20 credits away from completing my Psychology Degree and hope to pursue my Masters at the end of this year. My husband is amazing but he doesn't do too well with change....I am working on that with him. I volunteer as a PAV at the local Woman's shelter. Basically a PAV is the woman's first contact with the center as it would require visiting the victim in the hospital right after physical assault or rape. Emotionally draining and rewarding. I also volunteer with our Pughearts rescue as that is where I got my two little pugs. It can be quite addicting. I enjoy reading...but not sure when the last time I was able to read a book for fun...I miss just chilling and reading a novel at night. Also addicted to HGTV....I gave up the food Network as it makes me think about food way too much....lol Especially those cupcake wars!

Ok.. .I have to brag. It's 9:00 am here and it's 72 degrees here in Phoenix. I've been sleeping with the windows wide open. The orange blossoms are in full bloom and this IS my favorite time of year! Next week, I'm going to plant a veggie garden while I'm recovering.

So how is it in your world?

Lucky girl! If we left the windows open in East Texas the mosquitos would eat us alive!

I have 2 boys (27 & 22) and a mini me ( 20 yrs), 3 dogs, a black lab, old english bulldog and a weiner. My life is always interesting. I have to laugh or I'd go insane.

I lived in Denison Texas for about 6 months years ago. NOT everything is big in Texas but the mosquitos can carry you away.

I'll be whining about the heat soon enough. Maybe it won't bother me as much cuz I'll be SKINNY!!!

hehe

5 days and counting

j~

Hi all, Oklahoma here its 82 today and it is just March already turned the airconditioner on but if i open all the windows and doors my allergies wood go nutts.

I have 2 children girl 28 and boy 23, son still lives at home. 3 dog yellow lab, blake and tan lab mix and an over grown rat not sure what she is.

Hopping the weather will be good this weeken so we can take the Harley out for a ride.

Got the call today i have been waiting on the inssurance has approved me but the date i was tenatively set for has been booked cordinater said would call tommorow and let me know if she could and me on the 12 looks like i will have to do 3 mabe 4 weeks of my liqud diet, oh well just that much more i will be ahead.

Hi all, Oklahoma here its 82 today and it is just March already turned the airconditioner on but if i open all the windows and doors my allergies wood go nutts.

I have 2 children girl 28 and boy 23, son still lives at home. 3 dog yellow lab, blake and tan lab mix and an over grown rat not sure what she is.

Hopping the weather will be good this weeken so we can take the Harley out for a ride.

Got the call today i have been waiting on the inssurance has approved me but the date i was tenatively set for has been booked cordinater said would call tommorow and let me know if she could and me on the 12 looks like i will have to do 3 mabe 4 weeks of my liqud diet, oh well just that much more i will be ahead.

congrats on being approved! Hopefully they will give you a date soon...