Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien Drinks With Less Than 5 Grams Of Sugar Or Fat 20-50 Grams Of Protien

Hello Every one,

I am Sophia and I have just recently started my band journey. I was banded on Feb 24th 2012!! I am happy to say I am doing very well, and I am headed back to work after a week of being off.

One thing I have noticed in a lot of the forums is that people are having a hard time getting the amount of Protein required and recommended by their doctor. I have been very blessed, following in a couple different peoples foot steps, so I have a heads up on variety, this way we don't get board, get as much Protein as you possibly can in one drink, and did I mention variety. :P I don't know about you but I can only stand so much chocolate, vanilla, and strawberrie mixes.... also the thickness of some of those Protein drinks...can we say gag..lol

I am going to start a list of the ones I have started using, along with a web sight so you can see what they look like, these should be able to be purchased at a local Vitamin shop near you.

1. my number one favorite so far: New whey liquid Protein

0g fat, 0g sugar, 180 cal, 42g PROTEIN, 100mg sodium, 50mg potassium. and best part only 3-3.8oz The come in several different flavors ie grape, fruit punch, apple, acai berry, watermelon and so on.

web page: www.newwhey.com

2.Protein Blitz

0g fat, 1g sugar, 120 cal, 30g PROTEIN, 45mg sodium, 140mg potassium, 1g carb

These tast kina link fruit punch and look like a Gatorade bottle

web page: http://www.proteinblitz.com/

3. Cytomax Protein

0g fat, 0g sugar, 160 cal, 40g PROTEIN, 85mg sodium, 180mg potassium, 0 carb,

This one also is sold in a Gatorade bottle to try or I just found out you can buy in a powder as well.

web site: http://cytomax.com/

4. nectar made by Syntrax,

0g fat, 0g sugar, 100 cal, 24g PROTEIN, 60 mg sodium, 160mg potassium, 0g carb

These taste like different flavors of kool-aid. yum yum....

web site: Main site: http://www.si03.com/

Location of product: http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm, if you call the number on this page they will send you samples of each flavor for 13.00 for 13 flavors....some are to die for...I havent done it yet but some of their flavors you can mix and come up with other flavors.

My goal here is to give you some knowledge on what delicious Protein Drinks are out there and to help you decide where to go next on your protein journey. Please feel free to add different recipes below that you may love...ie, my nurse love to mix the protein blitz with a scoop of her Protein Powder (orange flavored) so she has a 50g or higher protein drink! mmmmm

I am excited to see what else every one has come up with on the journey being banded...

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Thank you for the information do you know if any stores sell New whey Liquid Protein

You can get them in the pharmacy section at Walmart. They are great.

Thank you for the information do you know if any stores sell New Whey liquid Protein

I got mine from Walmart. They have 1-3 flavors depending on your store I paid 2.49 for each one.

I went to the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday and they had about 8 of the flavors, paid 3.49 for each. I would assume most places with Vitamins would carry them if you dont have either of these near you.

what a marvellous idea to have this section. im not banded yet, wont be for a few weeks, but this is giving me so many ideas on how to manage diet post op. i was really worrying a lot about managing it all, to tell the truth. Thanks to the person who started this thread up, and thanks to all those who have and are going to contribute to it. im making copious notes here. lol. way to go.

what a marvellous idea to have this section. im not banded yet, wont be for a few weeks, but this is giving me so many ideas on how to manage diet post op. i was really worrying a lot about managing it all, to tell the truth. Thanks to the person who started this thread up, and thanks to all those who have and are going to contribute to it. im making copious notes here. lol. way to go.

You are very welcome, anything we can do to help one another. I know the post op is hard for a lot of people and I feel that is because they are not well informed of how to make the transition easy, well as easy as it can be. I am so glad you are on here researching before you go in to get banded and I am glad I have helped you. We will all continue to support one another and keep us on track. :rolleyes:

I also use the Syntax nectar Protein powder.. although I use the "Nectar Naturals" because it uses Stevia instead of Splenda as a sweetener.

Shop around online. You can find it way cheaper than through the Syntax company website. I bought mine for like 24 dollars in a big 2 pound container.

I 100% vouch for the Natural Orange flavor. I mix it with Water and a tiny bit of fresh pineapple juice. Perfect. It's good all by itself too. Or mixed into vanilla yogurt. :)

I drink a chocolate Protein powder in my milk....I use the Idea chocolate Milk Diet powder from www.chocmilkdiet.com. Tastes great, mixes easily and no after taste. They sell chocolate and vanilla flavors and both are good.

I've also tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protien powder. I don't like the chocolate and vanilla as much, but they also have strawberry (tastes good mixed in crystal light), unflavored (you can still taste the Protein flavor though) and chicken Soup. Tastes pretty good.

I've tried the ready to drink muscle milk light chocolate and it was pretty good. I've heard their cake batter flavor is awesome. I will buy that one next.

One other I like is the Syntrax nectar Cappuccino flavor. I don't drink coffee but this one is good and tastes like a frosty coffee drink and no caffeine.

I tried the Gladiator powder from GNC and didn't care for it. The same with the Isopure ready to drink and the fruit flavors of Syntrax.

My advice is to buy small sizes or sample pack and try before you commit to a large container. I threw away several after only 1 drink. Blech.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Sophia,

Thanks for starting this topic. I am still at the pre-surgery stage, but I have been drinking 1-2 Protein shakes a day to try to get used to them and to try to lose weight before surgery. This information is going to be very helpful.

I also use the Syntax nectar Protein powder.. although I use the "Nectar Naturals" because it uses Stevia instead of Splenda as a sweetener.

Shop around online. You can find it way cheaper than through the Syntax company website. I bought mine for like 24 dollars in a big 2 pound container.

I 100% vouch for the Natural Orange flavor. I mix it with Water and a tiny bit of fresh pineapple juice. Perfect. It's good all by itself too. Or mixed into vanilla yogurt. :)

Thank you I will be looking that one up, is there any way you can post the web site you use?

I drink a chocolate Protein powder in my milk....I use the Idea chocolate Milk Diet powder from www.chocmilkdiet.com. Tastes great, mixes easily and no after taste. They sell chocolate and vanilla flavors and both are good.

I've also tried unjury protien powder. I don't like the chocolate and vanilla as much, but they also have strawberry (tastes good mixed in crystal light), unflavored (you can still taste the Protein flavor though) and chicken Soup. Tastes pretty good.

I've tried the ready to drink muscle milk light chocolate and it was pretty good. I've heard their cake batter flavor is awesome. I will buy that one next.

One other I like is the Syntrax nectar Cappuccino flavor. I don't drink coffee but this one is good and tastes like a frosty coffee drink and no caffeine.

I tried the Gladiator powder from GNC and didn't care for it. The same with the Isopure ready to drink and the fruit flavors of Syntrax.< /p>

My advice is to buy small sizes or sample pack and try before you commit to a large container. I threw away several after only 1 drink. Blech.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

Thank you, I will be trying that cake batter as long as the sugar and fat is low. I think muscle milk is usually pretty good about that.

I am loving this topic. have a great night.

Sophia,

Thanks for starting this topic. I am still at the pre-surgery stage, but I have been drinking 1-2 Protein shakes a day to try to get used to them and to try to lose weight before surgery. This information is going to be very helpful.

Awesome!! Glad we could help! Good Luck! Great job starting before the surgery! I did that for one week before and I found it to be very helpful for when the surgery was complete.

Thank you I will be looking that one up, is there any way you can post the web site you use?

Absolutely! I bought it from http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/brand.asp?brand=221

It's $32 now (on sale when I bought it), but that's still a good chunk less than the $59 on the manufacturer's site. Also, supplementwarehouse lets you pick a bunch of free stuff to add to you order at no cost. I got a shaker, a bunch of Protein bars, a pill holder (mon-sunday), and a couple other things that I don't remember.

So before you place your order, make sure you browse through all of the freebies. They're quality product and what is better than FREE? :)

I was so excite to see new flavors to choose from (like in the New whey) but when I checked he nutriantion label it lists collagen and my doctor said to stay away from those. I'm not banded until March 19 but start my pre-op Monday. I didn't think to ask why collagen was bad. I will see him on thursday and ask him, but I justed wanted others to know, that it may not fit into everyones diet.....I'm sad now. I thought grape might be fun. I'll let you know what he says.

Oh My I am 2 years out lost 150 pounds and have been the same weight for a year. I have found a Protein Shake I literally crave. The support you get and the differnt ways you can make it are numerous. Literally taste like sweet cream so that gives you so many different recipes. You get ton of support with other people drinking it. My favorite is a little caramel sugarfree Syrup, Decaf instant coffee, alittle cocoa, silk or skim milk and 2 scoops of Vi shape mix. This is a new product out that is becoming very popular, I have tried them all.Oh yeah It has 12 grams of Protein, but the Vitamins in it a galore. You can find it on my website, I truly Love the stuff. There are so many out there I don't like the over chemically tasting ones. I do love this one and hopefully it will push into lossing my last 40 pounds