Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricare Prime-6 Month Wait

I went to my seminar and had my pcp draft a referral to tricare. And the baratric office told me toady that tricare wants me to wait 6 months?? Anyone know about tricare?? Help??

I also have Tricare Prime and the surgeons office told me it was probably going to be required, but, I didn't have to do it. I think they are re-doing some policies and that may be an old rule. I would ask them to submit it and see what they say. I had my approval in 2 days! Good luck!

I work at a base and also have tricare and they started negotiations on monday for their new contract so they probably wont be approving anything until about April or so!! Lucky for me my referral was put in ahead of time...

got off phone with tricare and they said there is no 6 month wait. all i have to do is my scheduled evals (mental, labs, xraya, nutrition) and then submit for approval. i rec'vd my approval for these items today in the mail. now i feel better.

10 days ago, seminar

6 days i got my doctor referral

4 days scheduled mt 1st dr eval that i had today

tomorrow plann to call my pcp and work on other items

GREAT!!

now just trying to decide what to do now? are you doing anything special in order to get through all the evals? what can i expect..am very nervous but excited also.

now just trying to decide what to do now? are you doing anything special in order to get through all the evals? what can i expect..am very nervous but excited also.

Overall I can say the process is a breeze, except the psych eval. Everything you say they try to make it an eating issue/eating disorder! Just don't question what they say and go along. By the time I left I was told I had a food addiction and it was due to my mother death which I absolutly do not agree with. but any whoo. There are a lot of appointments and back and forth but its going to be worth it. Also start doing some sort of exercise acivity because at every appointment you go to they will be asking!! I also started replacing one meal a day with Protein Shakes usually Breakfast just to get use to the taste. Good luck

My psych evaluation consisted of a 370 question test that the psychologist reviewed. I then came in and met with him for an hour. I did not feel like he was trying to make anything out of nothing. I guess if my test had raised some flags, he probably would have questioned me more. Don't be scared.

Hi. My psych eval was also a LONG test....not sure how many questions but they kinda started sounding alike!! But I have blue cross blue shield tx and in the beginning I was going to have to wait 6 months/6 weigh ins and before my second weigh in she let me know that the requirements changed and I just had to do my nutrition visit and I'd be submitted!! I was submitted on last Thursday and rec'd approval on this Thursday, exactly a week! I'm so excited to get a surgery date! Good luck u guys!!

I had Tricare when I had the lapBand and everything was approved very smoothly. My Psych Eval was completed by a lady who was post Gastric Bypass and she knew the right questions to ask and it went very easy as well. Tricare paid off very well.

I was going to say that maybe it's the clinic that wants you to go through a 6 month program to make sure you have all tools you need to be successful... But I see that you got past that part. LOL Good for you! As far as the psych visit, I went through that when I was considering gastric bypass. The psych was nice, but I had to fill out a hella long questionaire about how you are following dr's advice. It was basically to find out how ready and disciplined you are for the journey ahead. :) It was always a pleasant visit w the psych for me. :) You'll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk