Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Might Be A Leak, Might Be Erosion..

So glad to hear it's not erosion!

Glad to hear everything is fine, I had the same thing happen to me last month. It was definetly a scary thought. Now they have me going in every month for a fill, and the dr is monitoring very closesly what goes in and out. It takes a little longer to get a fill, but I'd rather they monitor this close that have a real complication!

Glad that you had good news. Jachut next time you are over this side of the world give me a shout.

Hey Lellow, would you believe that I've just gotten home from seeing my surgeon and I too have a small prolapse/pouch dilation. He wasnt too worried, but told me to take it VERY easy and we could probably baby the band along for a very long time that way. He said it was up to me if I want to go the whole hog and do liquids for a while. Personally I think I will. I'm still weighing less than I did when diagnosed with cancer, but 10lb more than I did a year ago and I'm not liking it much, methinks a liquid diet and a little weight loss would work wonders.

Do you think you let go of those really stringent eating habits at all? I know I did. First nine months unfilled, I got used to eating what I liked and eating normally again and I never really went back to bandster habits. I just took a monster gulp of coffee, I drink while I"m eating all the time, I often eat past satisfied to full (even though that's not much food).

anyway, I know we can both do it. Its not such a big deal. It only becomes a real problem if you let it. And if an unfill needs to happen for either one of us, then so be it, I know we can handle it.

Oh hell yes, I let go of the bandster habits. :) The last 12 months, I've been pretty unrestricted so I have been enjoying it. I eat what I want, drink what I want, and I've maintained pretty well.

It's probably only been in the last month when I couldn't feel the band at all anymore that I thought, oh wow it's like not having a band at all! I started eating til I was full at almost every meal - I couldn't even remember how that felt before this - and started gaining past what I was comfortable with (2kgs). That's when I thought, um ok, maybe I need a fill now.

But the truth is, I didn't need a fill to lose it. I've lost that 2kgs now already so I know I was just be being an opportunist and I can still stay the course if I need to.

I am happy to hear, though, that you only have a leak and a small prolapse too. While it would have been better to have nothing, this is not the worst case scenario at least. I reckon too that a liquid diet might be what needs to be done. Might be a good starting point to get back into bandster habits again at the very least. If it prevents the need to be unfilled, even better!

I'm thinking I might start mine on Monday. Weekends are hard for liquid diets. That's my reason and I'm sticking with it. :)

And yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine no matter what. You and I have the same 'we're not giving this up so easily' attitude, I think!

I picked up some Optifast too. I don't like Protein Shakes either - bluergh. And yeah I won't stick to just 3 shakes like a diet - I'll have as much liquid as I need to not be hungry, coz yeah, I figure it isn't about trying to lose weight but to give the band a chance to reposition. coffee, tea, Soups, wine etc are all still on the menu for Monday!