Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK I have to ask...

So does anyone else dream about food?

I know this might sound ridiculous even hilarious to some of you- but unfortunately its been happening to me at least every night.

I was banded in October have had 3 fills and have some restriction so I haven't eaten anything like Pasta bread or rice in months.

I have been eating healthy- no junk food etc.

However, I find myself dreaming about eating sweets. Am I cookoo bananas?

I have always had a sweet tooth and am trying to stick to skinny cow ice cream when I need it or other low cal low fat sweets, but i often find myself not satisfied with those.

Just wanted to know If there is anyone else having these "withdrawal symptoms"- ha

Also any advice would be helpful.

Not with the band – but when I was on chemo I couldn’t have anything cold for over six months and after about 2 months of wamr I would have dreams of ice cream and how good it would taste.

Never did taste as good as in my dreams….at that time I was also having xrated dreams everything..never with the ice cream though

I don’t think you are crazy….it’s just your mind

Yes!!!!!!! I was literally just telling my family this the other day! I have dreams of cake and all other bad things I can't have, it's so funny!

I don't dream about food, but I still pretty much constantly think about it when awake! I just know now I can't eat certain things....so they are like a dream!

Anything in moderation. Have something small. It's not logical to think you will never eat sweets again. I eat something sweet 1-2 times a week. Make sure you exercise and burn the calories and make sure what you eat does not have alot calories. Good luck holding out.

I've been dreaming about food since I started my pre-op diet. It doesn't shock me because I used to dream about food when I was following Weight Watchers.

Hopefully, my fat girl brain will relax and make me stop dreaming about food.

I did in the begining ! But that goes away !

thanks for all your comments. hehe I feel a little less nuts haha

Yes I did too and my dreams were so vivid I could smell & taste fresh kettlecorn, chips ahoy Cookies & more. In my dream I didn't even know I was banded, just kept shoveling it in like the old days, with much enjoyment and not a smidge of guilt! Someone said it was post-op meds b/c haven't had any since that seemed that real.

Four days post op and on liquids since may Saturday...I had a dream about eating a meatball!! LOL!!! Can't wait til next week when I can puree one!

I don't deprive myself of anything...if you do, it's just like any other diet! If I want to eat a little bit of something sweet, I will do it, knowing damn well that I will either be in the gym for an extra 20 minutes, or exchanging it with something else I would have eaten that day. I've lost 5 pounds this week, and I've eaten a chocolate chip cookie, fudge covered pretzels, and a fun-size kit kat! I have also been at the gym every night burning around 800-1000 calories each night. It's an exchange program you have to learn to control...It does put things into perspective and makes you analyze how much you really want to eat something, and how hard you are willing to work so that you can eat it! If you can understand that control, I don't see any reason why you should feel you need to deprive yourself of something you love.