Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am considering buying a fitbit. Because it's a 100 dollars, I wanted to get some opinions on it. Does anyone on here have one? If so, what is your experience with it? Has it helped with your fitness goals? I know there is also the bodybug, but I would rather have the fitbit because it connects with myfitnesspal and I am an avid user of that app. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

I cant not tell you how much I LOVE my Fitbit. I even went for the premium option as I love the reports it gives you. It keeps me moving and has increased my activity level like I could never imagine. There have been times I'm walking up and down the basement stairs before I go to bed, cause I won't let myself not make the goals I've set. If you really use all of it, you'll either lose weight, or know why you're not losing! It's got a friends feature as well, so you can get in groups that compare your status to others in the group, which is an amazing motivator itself. If I'm toward the bottom of the list - you better believe I'm gonna kick my butt in gear! I log my food, sleep, BP as well, and if you're diabetic you can log your glucose too. I'm a statistic junkie, and I love technology - and Fitbit has it all!

I also love my fitbit, I carry it wherever I go. It is a great motivator and really tells you how you are doing with your activity and sleep.

Also it now works with MyFitnessPal.com so you can log in your foods there and the FitBit will automatically send the activity data over so that you can have a more accurate look at your calorie burn per day.

I love it...it is a great tool, especially with MyFitnessPal integration

I LOVE my fitbit!

I was just checking that out and it seens like it will be amazing. I think I now want one too LOL.

I have owned both the Fitbit and the Bodybugg. Hands down, I would recommend the Fitbit over the Bodybugg (or Bodymedia, etc) anytime. The Bodybugg (or like) costs more up front and charges a subscription fee every month. The Fitbit is $100 and has no other charges, unless you want to upgrade to premium data, which is NOT needed to get to your goal.

The Fitbit is also minimally invasive and can be clipped on your bra, pocket, etc. The bodybugg must be worn on the upper arm. Not only does it draw a lot of attention, but for some people (me included), it creates a rash due to moisture under the device. I also found I needed to switch the Bugg from arm to arm every few weeks or I developed a very obvious indent in my arm where the bugg/strap sat, regardless of whether I was wearing it or not. This indent does go away though, so there is no permanent line.

When I was using the Bugg program, the food logging was in need of a serious update. I have no idea if this has been adressed since I have not had the Bugg for almost a year, but it was definitely a large annoyance. The system often timed out and you'd have to log in multiple times to enter a meal. I am also unable to access any old data from my Bugg, unless I am willing to pay a subscription fee. There was not an option to export data, so to have access you must pay. With the Fitbit, you can join the site for free regardless of whether you actually have the device. Therefore, you can always have access to old data.

Another plus for the Fitbit is the ongoing expansion to integrating with other sites/technologies. I have the Fitbit linked to myHealth medical records and Lose it!. They seem to be adding new apps often enough, and I recently saw that it can integrate with the Withings wifi scale!!!!!! (can you tell I want one?)

Why don't you do a free membership to the Fitbit website for the time being and see if you like the basic bells and whistles? You can do this without the device and can test drive it. If you like the features, then you'll love the actual device. Sorry for the long post.

I got a Fitbit for Christmas and LOVE it!!! And I have to also mention that their customer service is awesome. My original one wasn't registering my floors climbed properly. It was actually giving me more than I climbed but it was random. Not every day. One day I only climbed one flight of stairs and it registered 14. I contacted customer service to see if there was a way to just turn off that feature(there wasn't) and after a few re-sets they sent me a brand new one! No shipping charges or anything! I couldn't be happier with the device and like was mentioned earlier, it really pushes me to meet my daily goals. Love it!

I got a Fitbit for Christmas and LOVE it!!! And I have to also mention that their customer service is awesome. My original one wasn't registering my floors climbed properly. It was actually giving me more than I climbed but it was random. Not every day. One day I only climbed one flight of stairs and it registered 14. I contacted customer service to see if there was a way to just turn off that feature(there wasn't) and after a few re-sets they sent me a brand new one! No shipping charges or anything! I couldn't be happier with the device and like was mentioned earlier, it really pushes me to meet my daily goals. Love it!

That is also something I forgot to mention, the customer service is GREAT. My Fitbit original started acting up a few months ago, and after a brief troubleshoot, they just sent me a brand new Ultra. No requirement to send the old one back and no charges whatsoever.

I want one too!

I USED to love my fitbit. I really loved it. Until I washed it last week and it's now dead.

I had it clipped to my yoga pants and was exhausted and threw them in the laundry pile. Then the fitbit accidently went into the washing maching the next morning.

It's tiny and black and blended in perfectly.

So be very careful of accidently keeping it on your clothes because I am now out of $100 and have to get another one :(

I USED to love my fitbit. I really loved it. Until I washed it last week and it's now dead.

I had it clipped to my yoga pants and was exhausted and threw them in the laundry pile. Then the fitbit accidently went into the washing maching the next morning.

It's tiny and black and blended in perfectly.

So be very careful of accidently keeping it on your clothes because I am now out of $100 and have to get another one sad.png

Did you put the Fitbit in a bag of rice? I washed my original one after only having it a couple weeks and after a few days in rice, it came back to life. Try it.

Best $100 I have ever spent! Keeps me honest and makes me want to achieve the little daily goals I've set for myself. Love Love Love!!!

Mmmmm....I never heard of the fitbit and now I am going to have to look into it. I think I might want one too. :)

I LOVE MY FITBIT! I call it Fittie.

A tip: It's sold through Amazon and if you put it in your cart and check mid week, the price may go down to $90. That's how much I got it for and free shipping.

I have a friend who has the Body Bug and loves it but it's too much equipment for me. Plus if you walk by your computer it syncs up with the Fitbit. I also use the food journal as my journal. I like it because I can also write in a few thoughts and how I am feeling. It's a great tool!

PS: I find bargain hunting online is a passion of mine!

I also LOVE my fitbit. I bought it at best buy though and got the geek squad protection plan so for 2 years it is covered from breakage and "oopses". With so many kiddos and things always happening I didnt want to risk the washing machine episode like someone stated earlier.