Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"old Lady" Thighs

I don't like my old lady thighs either but they beat the heck out of the tree trunks they replaced. From the sounds of it we are all 50ish (I'll be 52 in March). Face it, Ladies, no matter how much weight we lose, we aren't going to look like we did 30 years ago. But we're much healthier now and certainly better looking than if we hadn't lost the weight.

I don't like my old lady thighs either but they beat the heck out of the tree trunks they replaced. From the sounds of it we are all 50ish (I'll be 52 in March). Face it, Ladies, no matter how much weight we lose, we aren't going to look like we did 30 years ago. But we're much healthier now and certainly better looking than if we hadn't lost the weight.

Isn't that the truth !

I have always had thunder thighs! Even when they were toned and tight, they were excessive!! But now, at 45, they are granny thunder thighs. Yuck. But I have to accept the fact that I am only going to get older and other things are going to begin to look grannyish so eventually everything will catch up to my thighs :)

What if you tried really hard to exercise? You might be able to tone your body up at least some what! That's what I'm hoping to do.

Violet, At 24, you're still young enough for everything to snap back--glad you were able to get help at such a young age! I only was able to lose the 112 lbs because I did exercise--a lot. Thanks for posting. Hope your mom finds some serenity or some other solution; ten years is too long to hate your body. Willowcat

I have always had thunder thighs! Even when they were toned and tight, they were excessive!! But now, at 45, they are granny thunder thighs. Yuck. But I have to accept the fact that I am only going to get older and other things are going to begin to look grannyish so eventually everything will catch up to my thighs smile.png

LOL! I've always had the classic "pear shape" too. When I was in my 20's I would look at my thighs and think that they looked like the thighs of a 40-year old (I even had a "boyfriend" once tell me that I looked good "from the waist up" grrrr!). I hoped that eventually the rest of my body would catch up and everything would "match." Now I'm nearly 50 and I have the thighs of a 70-year old! No matching body parts for me! LOL! I guess that's why when I kept loosing weight and I started really seeing old lady thighs, I just wasn't ready to accept that. Time for gentle acceptance. I'm glad my legs work and are no longer in pain. :)

I noticed the old lady thighs this past summer and was totally grossed out. I live in Florida so I spend a lot of time at the beach. Oh well, I am 40 now and Iike someone said I'm not going to look like a 20 year old no matter what so I might as well accept my saggy self and live proudly. I have made huge improvements to my life and I'm not going to let old lady thighs slow me down.

I found mine last week and said....There goes my mini skirt(LOL). Guess I just have to work to get the size 10 jeans or 8 and work with it. DH says the jiggle let's him know I am happier now.

I love your hubby! :)

What's upsetting to me is my legs were the only good part of my body before surgery. I always had rediculously slender legs and hips so I was shocked when the hanging tissue skin thing started happening! didn't think my thighs could get amy smaller. It's depressing to me to now be focusing on my thighs as well as my stomach and boobs!! After all this I'll now have to wear a skirted swimsuit to hide my once nice thighs!!!!

All complaining aside, I am soooo much happier with my myself after losing so much weight? Wouldn't change a thing! Let's have a toast to "old lady thighs"! :)

Just had this discussion with my husband.....we are going away in 2 weeks to the bahamas and my thighs sure do look like old ladies. Decided to get some cute skirt cover ups to wear over the bathing suit. They look stylish and cover up my sins. I'm still alot happier than the alternative.....thunder thighs.

Honey! Don't gain! Get some plastic surgery done! I've had an Lower Body Lift, An Anchor Cut Tummy Tuck, An extended Thigh lift with Lipo, A brachioplasty and a full face lift with upper eye lift! I'm returning for my breasts and upper body lift with my second stage of my thigh lift! I went to Monterrey Mexico to Dr Francisco Saucedo! He is a miracle worker! I have a better body today - after losing over 250lbs than I did when I was 20 years old!

I have a consultation appt. with a plastic surgeon in two day! Any suggested questions?! I have the famous apron stomach, ol lady thighs, sagging boobs, and horrendous sagging arms! My priorities (money and what shows most) is my stomach and arms.

What's upsetting to me is my legs were the only good part of my body before surgery. I always had rediculously slender legs and hips so I was shocked when the hanging tissue skin thing started happening! didn't think my thighs could get amy smaller. It's depressing to me to now be focusing on my thighs as well as my stomach and boobs!! After all this I'll now have to wear a skirted swimsuit to hide my once nice thighs!!!!

All complaining aside, I am soooo much happier with my myself after losing so much weight? Wouldn't change a thing! Let's have a toast to "old lady thighs"! smile.png

Yes, and all it represents!

I found mine last week and said....There goes my mini skirt(LOL). Guess I just have to work to get the size 10 jeans or 8 and work with it. DH says the jiggle let's him know I am happier now.

Love your DH's attitude!