Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another says "see ya" LBT....

Any time we have a family get-together, like a reunion or such, we all take bets on when the conversation is going to turn to shit.

Not shitty conversation, mind you, but an actual discussion of shit.

Somehow, my aunt, who works with special needs adults, or another who is an intensive care nurse, or one of my cousins who have infants will bring up a shit story. We all laugh, and then check the time to see who was closest in guessing when we'd talk about shit.

Any time people talk, shit will work it's way into the conversation. Just be prepared for the shit, and eventually the shit will blow over.

Enough of this shit. Let's get back to the shit we all came here for!

I think it is important to remember that this is a world wide group with many different people here. What is argumentative to you, may be healthy debate to them. What is sarcastic to you may be just blunt comments or way of speech to them. We are a combination of different medical issues, life frustrations, social classes, psychological difference, tempermant differencs. For all of the varying aspects of this group, I would say it functions very well. Words have no feelings and no expressions. I like a good debate and I like to challenge opinions and take the "devils advocate" side of things. I think everyone needs to look at all sides of the dog before kicking it. (just an expression).

I take short breaks from LBT and come back refreshed. But I can see how this group is not for everyone and I respect your decision. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey and hope you find many successes.

Doc, for the reasons you have stated, I sometimes put myself on an LBT diet of sorts...I'll get really upset with a thread, or someone's behavior, and then post my blunt opinion, and wish I had just closed that thread and moved on to something else. When I cam here at first, it was hard to get to know people...just like in real life. I've written some pretty unpopular opinions, and got my share of feedback. Yet, all in all, the main idea is that I have developed some very supportive relationships with LBT members, and I come here for those, and if possible, make some new ones, and help some newbies out, like you.

You are the only one who can determine what is best for you...but like I tell my DD and my students: nothing is going to be tailor made just for you...take what you need and leave the rest.

Cindy

Big Paul,

If there is no other reason to stick around this board, we should stick around to see what you'll say. You are FUNNY! And you have a very unique way of boiling everything down to...uh....well you know. :)

My dad always said, if you have one very good friend in life you are blessed, so IMHO, if I make one very good cyber buddy here than I'm a very blessed. Another words, we can't please everyone so if some one doesn't agree with you or even puts you down, just move on.

I also felt like I was barging in on a private party when I got here but to my surprise everyone made me feel accepted and gave me all the love, support and information I asked for, even if I did ask the same questions they heard 1000 times.

Hang in there, find a board where you feel comfortable and post away. Don't let a few rude or negative comments make you leave a wonderful place.

Sorry your leaving Doc, but you do what you feel is right for you.

Hugs !!!