Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Else's Dietician Make Them Feel Like Crap?

I would absolutely NEVER see this person again. I would send a written letter to the surgeon and if appropriate send a copy to THEIR boss if they have one (hospital administrator). Totally unacceptable.

Mrsmyers2010- I have the same issues with my period! Its so weird...I thought I had some sort of STD or something horribly wrong, so I got tested for everything, and I don't even have a bacterial infection! So, they are going to do a pelvic ultrasound on me to see what may be wrong- because I have soo many symptoms...including REALLY long periods like sometimes they will last a month straight and most of the time its either really heavy or just brown...really big blood clots...odor..having to pee RIGHT NOW or else I pee my pants..discharge...I mean..I was terrified something was severely wrong! But so far, there isn't! Is this what they told you too? Do you have any of these symptoms also? Because...I haven't had the pelvic ultrasound yet, I'm going Friday...but I started to think the same thing ..that its my weight! And I guarantee you that if my test comes out fine they will say it has something to do with my weight. Cuz it wasn't like this when I weighed less! It makes sense. My PCP said that I was cleared for surgery though.

@Violet...the only symptoms I have out of those you talked about is the clotting really bad (it's horrible! Fist size sometimes!) my OBGYN told me the clotting is caused by my lining shedding too fast and my body not having time to break everything down..I had a D&C lady year just so they could go in and see if they cold find anything wrong. Nothing but a cyst on my right ovary and very early stage minimal endometriosis what they called 'freckles'..

Mrsmyers2010

Can you let someone know how disrespectfully she treated you?

She will be an important part of your recovery, I really like mine, she's

extremely supportive. she tells me the truth but in a better manner!

Don't let someone treat you that way. don't act the same way to her, we are

better than that!

I had a similar experience with the dietician -- absolutely the ONLY one of the "team" to make me feel like that. I only see her twice -- that first time and then once after to get the long-term diet plan. Just trying to convince myself I can do anything just one more time!

I think she said she wants to see me on a regular basis, like every 6 weeks but I'm not sure that's even necessary. I guess it would be good for 'accountability' but not with her attitude, lol.

I'm just going to stick it out for the one more post-op appointment with her and then hopefully I won't need her 'guidance' any longer. If I ever do feel like I need some again, I'll simply go to someone else.

I think I forgot to mention she's quite young, probably my age or a little older maybe (22+) and she's probably never weighed more than a whole 125 pounds her whole life..so it is what it is :)